• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Waiting for the next step...

roso907

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi,

Finished my aptitude test about a 2 months ago, received the email and currently waiting for the next step. I contacted the recruitment centre to ask what my status is at right now. They told me that my file is being processed. Should I just be waiting or calling them to remind them about my file?

Thank you

The general consensus here is to contact your recruiter once a month just to remind him/her you're still interested, still preparing.
Good luck

Do you email RecruitingApplicationManagement@forces.gc.ca for a status update? I try calling CFRC Toronto but they don't seem to be picking up.

The outgoing message from CFRC Toronto (when they don't answer the phone) gives the following email address for inquiries: info.toronto@forces.gc.ca
I used it and received a status update the next day.

Unfortunately the system doesn't work as quickly as some of us would like. Different trades take different priority, like the others have said just contact once a month. There aren't as many people working at a recruiting center as you think.

Just to put something in perspective I'm in the process of a component transfer from the reserves to the reg force. I applied back in march 2014. Recently I was contacted (because I was trying to change trades). I was advised that the other trades would take years to get. I asked what my status of and when I should expect an offer. I was told im 10th on the list and to not expect anything until at least fy 2016/17. It is frustarating but all I can do is wait.

I'm sure you will be processed well before then.

Instead of just calling or emailing, which takes very little effort, try going down to the recruiting office and talk directly to someone there.
Shows initiative and a real desire for the job.
But I'm an old girl (42) I was raised in the "pavement pounding" era.

Sempai Julia said:
Instead of just calling or emailing, which takes very little effort, try going down to the recruiting office and talk directly to someone there.
Shows initiative and a real desire for the job.
But I'm an old girl (42) I was raised in the "pavement pounding" era.

Do this. I am a 24 year-old applicant in Ottawa and walking to the CFRC has always yielded immediate results for me. The only thing I would add is; if you are going to go to the CFRC, don't show up in ripped jeans and a Slayer t-shirt. I have read here many times that those impressions are remembered, and if you are looking to make a career out of the Armed Forces, that is probably not the way you want it to start.

A little info, I am also waiting for follow-up after my CFAT in order to book my medical and interview. They seem to be backlogged with applications.

Cheers and best of luck,

eharps

Back