• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Vernon

Pioneer hey? That was never there during my 4 summers there. Is this new, or something that died off and came back again?

I'm pretty sure Pioneer is new, its basically for thoes who have done CLI but are too young to do staff.

So what exactly is this Pioneer course about then? What do they teach you after CLI?

Pioneer is for Cadets that
- are too young to go on exchange of staff;
- do not hold NSCE but would like some "advanced training";
- and is a generally awesome course.

It's actually not a course, I should correct myself there. It's a trial so you recieve no qualification

http://www.cadets.net/pac/armcad/pioneers/intro_e.asp

In 2007 there may be two basic companies two. It's something that's desired, but not affordable right now.

I do have to agree with you all
but i am going off of what many have said to me about staff

and after para.  i will be going to staff.  I just want to get my jump in first.

but yes staff could be great or it might not.  i think it all depends on who you are staffing and what your cadets are like.  i mean if you have a platoon that sucks or are total ignorant nuts, then I would presume that the experience would be worse off than if your platoon was awesome.

Kuefler said:
but yes staff could be great or it might not.   i think it all depends on who you are staffing and what your cadets are like.   i mean if you have a platoon that sucks or are total ignorant nuts, then I would presume that the experience would be worse off than if your platoon was awesome.

Or it turns into a big joke and every minute you're not working you can make jokes about your platoon. I mean don't do that. It's wrong.

Kuefler said:
but yes staff could be great or it might not.   i think it all depends on who you are staffing and what your cadets are like.   i mean if you have a platoon that sucks or are total ignorant nuts, then I would presume that the experience would be worse off than if your platoon was awesome.
I don't think you get platoons that suck, or platoons that are awesome. It's the great leadership that makes a great platoon.

p_imbeault said:
I don't think you get platoons that suck, or platoons that are awesome. It's the great leadership that makes a great platoon.

you could be a great leader but some cadets are just plain bad.  i experienced that this last year in CLI.  we had cadets that were just plain knobs(for lack of a better word) and with things like chap these days you cant even punish those that dint give a damn. 

but yes the platoon's attitude varies on the staff as well

p_imbeault said:

I'd disagree. Platoons are randomized groups of people. It's inevitable there's going to be one of two that just make your head spin. Particularly in Basic where a lot of the Cadets are young and inexperienced, and often through no fault of their own make your life a living hell.

And as for lack of CHAP and punishment, I won't get into that, but when you're a SCdt you'll learn why what you said was wrong.

Alright maybe I was wrong. I would imagine though that staff is really what you make of it, and I know people who have staffed that believe that. Unfortunately I will not be a SCdt, this will be my last year with the Army Cadets, I have spent the last few months finishing my HighSchool education through Correspondence and will be applying for the CF in a few months on my 17th Birthday.

Dane said:
And as for lack of CHAP and punishment, I won't get into that, but when you're a SCdt you'll learn why what you said was wrong.
first what is an SCdt
and please for my general knowledge how is what I said wrong
i would like to know

In very short, you can't make a cadet do something they don't want to forcefully. That's pretty obvious.

But Cadets, are generally pre agreeable. As long as you don't abuse your position of leadership (you have no authority) you can assign extra duties or "suplimental training" as required to ensure a cadet is "brought up to standard" or is notified of their wrong.

Also.... DUCUMENT EVERYTHING. So many Cadets get away with stupid things and get a good PER and/or Course Report b/c no one bothered to document anything.

Dane said:
Also.... DUCUMENT EVERYTHING. So many Cadets get away with stupid things and get a good PER and/or Course Report b/c no one bothered to document anything.

I was wondering why nothing was done about some of thoes cases...

It's a problem every year... a cadet does so many things wrong that the staff stop (or never start) documenting it b/c it becomes so time consuming. We had one kid in Echo that we just saved a memo on a disk and only changed one small part of it every time. It was such a joke, he didn't last though.

I understand. But if there is a cadet who is specifically undeserving and makes life miserable for staff, that cadet should be sent home early on instead of given a bad course report at the end.

englishmuffin said:
I understand. But if there is a cadet who is specifically undeserving and makes life miserable for staff, that cadet should be sent home early on instead of given a bad course report at the end.

It's totally case by case. But, you're right.

i can see having two basic companies in vernon, and two CL companies, but there should be more CLI companies in vernon too. There were so many people who were turned down to CLI in 2005 because CLI was already "too full". And i have to say that having guard (D&C) as its own comany was a good thing to bring back. ;)

ToughGirlie, how did you get shafted to basic if you were supposed to be in CL? and what d'you want to take for CLI?

Back