• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

US Election: 2016

Loachman said:
Mr Trump is even more likely to win now: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7b3OIgCsVQ

I still hope that one of his first acts is to fire Trudeau.

Many of my Alberta friends and relations are hoping his first act is an Annexation of Alberta.  Some want the Maritimes turned into a nuclear waste dump as well but they are considering that a gravy option.

Lightguns said:
Many of my Alberta friends and relations are hoping his first act is an Annexation of Alberta.  Some want the Maritimes turned into a nuclear waste dump as well but they are considering that a gravy option.

Why ?

Lightguns said:

Don't know who your friends are mate, but apparently they aren't mine.  I can't say that I have heard much of that talk myself.

Loachman said:
Mr Trump is even more likely to win now: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7b3OIgCsVQ

I still hope that one of his first acts is to fire Trudeau.

You'd rather have an American running our country, instead of a Canadian? Even if that Canadian is Justin Trudeau <coughsayitaintsocough>?

Halifax Tar said:

Those "Easterner BastarBs" context.  All our hard earned money goes to, etc, etc.  The usual Westerner argument on why Canada does not work for them.  Seems to me I just read an article about this specific thing too, National Post likely. 

FJAG said:
:rofl:

That is one nasty web site. Never heard of it before. Thanks for the link.

:cheers:

Yes it is.  :)

Checked it today.

Mrs. Clinton ranked #74, behind Glen Campbell #73.

Mr. Trump ranked #7. Only ones ahead of him were, Kirk Douglas, Zsa Zsa Gabor, Billy Graham, President Bush ( senior ), Fidel Castro, and David Rockefeller.

Back on topic...

Hillary may have a problem

CsxoaL_XEAA9Ptk.jpg

Gallup per Paul Kirby per Asa Bennet in the Telegraph

And I don't think rounding up more members of the Establishment - even Republicans - is likely to change her trajectory.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/09/exclusive-george-hw-bush-to-vote-for-hillary-228395

A song from John Lennon

Chris Pook said:
Back on topic...

I thought my post was on topic. It's a death pool that included Mrs. Clinton and Mr. Trump.

Sorry MM-

You were on topic.  I was typing about the same time you were posting.

That's what happens when I talk over the top of others - according to my wife I do it regularly. 

Cheers.

The maker of Skittles isn't too happy:

newsy video

Skittles Responded To Trump Jr.'s Argument Against Syrian Refugees
Duration: 01:14 3 hrs ago

Donald Trump Jr. tweeted, "If I had a bowl of Skittles and told you just three would kill you. Would you take a handful?"

Chris Pook said:
Sorry MM-

You were on topic.  I was typing about the same time you were posting.

That's what happens when I talk over the top of others - according to my wife I do it regularly. 

Cheers.

Chris, I don't think anyone takes that pool too seriously.

Trump Jr. tweets,

Attachments

• Trump-Skittles.jpg
    Trump-Skittles.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 116
So other than the fact that the Skittles company didn't like it, maybe one of my learned associates can tell me what exactly is wrong with the Skittles analogy? Down here amongst the unwashed, we kind of liked it. The guvmint hasn't actually given us much confidence in their vetting mechanisms...

muskrat89 said:
So other than the fact that the Skittles company didn't like it, maybe one of my learned associates can tell me what exactly is wrong with the Skittles analogy? Down here amongst the unwashed, we kind of liked it. The guvmint hasn't actually given us much confidence in their vetting mechanisms...

You mean other than the fact that it's a gross insult to people and highly inaccurate?

This article sums up both positions:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/09/19/donald-trump-jr-inadvertantly-encourages-america-to-scoop-up-refugees-by-the-handful/

1 chance in 3.64 billion of being killed by a foreign born refugee.

On the other hand 23 people were killed last year by toddlers (1-3 year olds) shooting people with loose guns which is roughly 1 in 1.5 million. See here:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2016/05/01/toddlers-have-shot-at-least-23-people-this-year/

So the logical conclusion is that toddlers are a much, much greater risk to Americans and therefore they should all be banned.

Put that in Trump Jr's simplistic and ignorant Skittles bowl.

FJAG said:
So the logical conclusion is that toddlers are a much, much greater risk to Americans and therefore they should all be banned.
Put that in Trump Jr's simplistic and ignorant Skittles bowl.

Not to mention toddlers are healthier for you to eat than Skittles.  ;D

You mean other than the fact that it's a gross insult to people and highly inaccurate?

I'm "people", and it doesn't insult me. Does that mean your statement is also highly inaccurate?

Look at you quoting articles n stuff. wow...

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/05/23/germany-registers-surge-crimes-right-wing-radicals/

And of migrant crimes specifically, Syrians top the list of migrant crimes that are not related to border controls, with a total of 10,348 individual offences in 2015. They also led assault cases among migrants, with 3,186 offences in 2015.

Quoting statistics on child deaths by firearms is very clever and all, but they are citing immigrant crime rates from 75 through 2015. The "Syrian refugee crisis" is current, not 20 years old, and the influx hasn't reached projected levels 

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/06/15/politifact-says-trump-right-criticism-hillary-clintons-support-500-percent-increase-syrian-refugees/

Anyway, enjoy winning arguments on the internet - I'm sure its very rewarding..

For me, I have loftier ambitions so I shall leave you guys to it.

Cheers!

You can probably measure a campaign's desperation by the amount of screeching they attribute to things of no importance.  The skittles analogy, oh the horror!  Meanwhile a public official somehow went from broke as a joke to being worth hundreds of millions all the while living off a government salary.  Speaking fees, donations, and meetings with the secretary, wow.  I'm sure it's all on the up & up... 🤔

The horrible optics alone should disqualify Clinton from any significant position in government.  Now add the email scandal.  In all the population of the USA they couldn't find a better candidate? 

Same applies to Trump. And up until his statement on birtherism last Friday he was getting a bit of a pass from the media. They have held Clinton to a higher standard than Trump. Judging Trump on a curve.

muskrat89 said:
I'm "people", and it doesn't insult me. Does that mean your statement is also highly inaccurate?
. . .
http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/05/23/germany-registers-surge-crimes-right-wing-radicals/

. . . The "Syrian refugee crisis" is current, not 20 years old, and the influx hasn't reached projected levels 

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/06/15/politifact-says-trump-right-criticism-hillary-clintons-support-500-percent-increase-syrian-refugees/

Anyway, enjoy winning arguments on the internet - I'm sure its very rewarding..

For me, I have loftier ambitions so I shall leave you guys to it.

Thanks for saying I'm winning but if in fact I was then you wouldn't be quoting those Breitbart articles in your response.

Breitbart is pointing out that Germany has a refugee problem based on crime statistics. If you look at those statistics you would see that they are based on the fact that Germany has taken in an extraordinary amount of economic refugees from various countries compounded by the fact that an extraordinary amount of non-German economic immigration has taken place with migration from poor EU contries. Any time that you increase your population by millions of people from the lowest economic order of society, you can expect that economic related crimes will increase. That will decrease with time as the refugees are assimilated. On the other hand the right wing backlash through violence increase--and the concern most worrying the German government--won't.

The problem with Trump Jr and Breitbart is that they are citing the German situation as a fear factor in the US. This is in fact comparing apples to oranges. Since 2007 Germany has accepted roughly 3.1 refugees (from all countries) per 1,000 citizens (as well as millions of internal EU populations) while the US has accepted just 0.84. Moreover, Germany's refugee population consists predominantly of unemployed youth while those in the US are predominantly family groups.

The right-wing refugee/illegal immigrant backlash that has arisen in Germany is unjustifiable but, perhaps, understandable. The one being sponsored by the Trumpites is simple opportunism that is neither justifiable nor understandable once you strip away the misstatements, outright lies and jingoist rhetoric.

This is in fact comparing apples to oranges

Comparing EU Syrian Crime Statistics to (potential) United States refugee crime statistics is apples to oranges, but comparing crime statistics to accidental, firearm related deaths in children is masterful to you.

Your double standards are astounding (ok, not really)

Back