• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The War in Ukraine

I stated last year that the F-16 (or other modern fighter) doesn't matter if there isn't the accompanying NATO style support/control mechanisms in place. Having a Swedish AWACS in the air over Ukrainian airspace will be a key step to taking over the skies.

Taking over the skies will enable Ukraine to control airspace, and deny knowledge to RUS about troop concentrations.

We've heard many times that UKR is unable to mass more than a Company for anything due to the prevalence of UAS/etc in the sky, so, if they can take at least local air superiority, they can mass a larger group, and maybe actually attack successfully and break-through?
Maybe? I’m not sure how well-suited AEW&C aircraft are to detect small UAS, which is the majority of what’s being used.

Still, even if they’re detected, they need to be hit with something…

A little help from Denmark ....
More on what they've handed over to date via their info-machine ....

A little help from Denmark ....
More on what they've handed over to date via their info-machine ....
Its been a long, long, long time since Canada announced any sort of meaningful arms contribution. Have to wonder if we continue to blow cold over the summer/fall months or is there a potential radical shift in what we are willing to send over about to happen.

Interesting donation pledged by Sweden: an ASC-890 Airborne Surveillance and Control aircraft. Basically a late 1990s AWACS. If used properly - and I imagine the U.S. will help them learn how to use it properly - this could be a really potent tool.

So, I haven’t seen a primary source on this (probably because I can’t read IKEA), but apparently the Swedes are actually donating two AWACS? Friggin’ awesome if accurate.

It appears that Russian manpower concerns might be seriously overblown...

I guess they will try to get back the death benefit - assuming they ever paid one.

Its been a long, long, long time since Canada announced any sort of meaningful arms contribution. Have to wonder if we continue to blow cold over the summer/fall months or is there a potential radical shift in what we are willing to send over about to happen.
do we have anything left in the closet to send?

8KOZSql.gif

"Sir, why haven't I been paid?"

"Your pay was stopped. It says here you are dead."

"How can I be dead, I'm talking with you!"

"True, you are clearly alive, so that must be an administrative error. Which means you were absent from your unit, failed to do any of your normal duties, and did not submit a leave pass. You will be joining a punishment unit."

Back