• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The War in Ukraine

People buying their own weapons? Don’t give the CAF ideas…
Privateers have rights to plunder…

Ladies and gentlemen I think we might have just found a use for the LCS’s the USN want to scrap. Mind you, not sure how much plunder we will find in Russia.

Well, Putin seems to have found plenty.
Yes, one reason it’s hard for anyone else to find ;)

I think one could get rich quick by robbing Swiss banks of Russian money these days.

His house is by the sea, isn’t it?

Perfect!
Perfect target for 5 long range CessnaBombs, even with an S400 on site. Coming in at cruise missile altitudes will negate it and a swarm 5 should overwhelm any manpad/sentry defense. Target 1 for each corner and one for the middle (very slightly behind the others)

Tactically pointless as Putin is unlikely to shift frontline AA/AD assets there, operationally it will distract and contribute to/enhance a concurrent infowar effort, but strategically it might contribute to the internal FSB/Army conflict and likely make a bunch of non Muscovy Russians very happy and more discontented with the state of affairs.

Interesting donation pledged by Sweden: an ASC-890 Airborne Surveillance and Control aircraft. Basically a late 1990s AWACS. If used properly - and I imagine the U.S. will help them learn how to use it properly - this could be a really potent tool.

Interesting donation pledged by Sweden: an ASC-890 Airborne Surveillance and Control aircraft. Basically a late 1990s AWACS. If used properly - and I imagine the U.S. will help them learn how to use it properly - this could be a really potent tool.

It also reduces dependence on other nations for information - which means the national caveats those nations apply would not apply to information UKR generates themselves.

It also reduces dependence on other nations for information - which means the national caveats those nations apply would not apply to information UKR generates themselves.
It also pushes the aerial radar coverage over Ukraine proper and extending father into Russia. I expect this will give them options they don’t presently have with NATO AWACS info being provided from aircraft over Poland or the Black Sea.

I stated last year that the F-16 (or other modern fighter) doesn't matter if there isn't the accompanying NATO style support/control mechanisms in place. Having a Swedish AWACS in the air over Ukrainian airspace will be a key step to taking over the skies.

Taking over the skies will enable Ukraine to control airspace, and deny knowledge to RUS about troop concentrations.

We've heard many times that UKR is unable to mass more than a Company for anything due to the prevalence of UAS/etc in the sky, so, if they can take at least local air superiority, they can mass a larger group, and maybe actually attack successfully and break-through?

Back