• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Manly Thread

daftandbarmy said:
It tastes good too. Yes really.

Can't say I've consumed enough "Old Spice" to make a definite descision, but I never minded all that much when any "Lemon-Lime Barbasol" made it's way into the ol' maw.

As far as shaving cream goes......nom.

[size=8pt]...And isn't that
just ...
a
little ...
bit...
sad.
[/size]

Hammer Sandwich said:
Can't say I've consumed enough "Old Spice" to make a definite descision, but I never minded all that much when any "Lemon-Lime Barbasol" made it's way into the ol' maw.

just ...
a
little ...
bit...
sad.
[/size]

Which reminds me of a suitably manly prank:

Sitting in an accommodation block at the Norwegian Infantry school in Elverum. Friday night, planning to go out on the local town, me and another Para decide to wind up the closest Marine. He and I fix up a mess tin full of Brut 33, Old Spice, shaving cream and 'coffee doctor' moonshine. We pretend to drink it, pretending we don't know there's a Marine in the area, saying things like "Royal Marines are wimps and could never be tough enough to drink this wonderful Para Reg elixir, slurp, slurp, slurp" or words to that effect. It actually tasted not too bad, compared to the rot got moonshine that Norgies gulp by the pint. Said Boot Neck rushes in, takes the bite full on, and grabs the mess tin, downing the poisonous mixture in pretty much one gulp. Horrified at what we've done, we make 'head for the door' like eye movements to each other. We leg it for downtown, passing through the gates in time to see the ambulance arrive. They pumped his stomach for him.

The best part? They charged him the equivalent of a hundred bucks for the priviledge. It doesn't get much better than that.

Hammer Sandwich said:

just ...
a
little ...
bit...
sad.
[/size]

I cannot say the same for mint, or regular barbasol...

Tuna said:
I cannot say the same for mint, or regular barbasol...

I DID NOT KNOW THEY MADE MINT!

I gotta make 2 trips:

-one to the pharmacy (for mint barbasol)
-and one to the butcher (for lamb)

This will be an epic, (and sickening, if not smooth) meal.
;D

The TurBaconEpic.  True man food.  These guys are great.  They're from Quebec and love their bacon.

I will be making this someday, or at least some variation of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Xc5wIpUenQ&ob=av3e

They got a bunch of other great vids also.  Either follow this link or type "Epic Meal Time" into youtube.

Epicmealtime= one of the manliest YouTube channels

Hammer Sandwich said:
I DID NOT KNOW THEY MADE MINT!

I used to use Gillette Menthol. Was great on summer exercises after spending hours the day before in the sun, but was an even better eye opener when on winter indoc, assuming it wasn't too cold to get the can to work. Many times I needed to plunge the can in an immersion heater to thaw.

Outside in the Mancave, drinking beer, enjoying the wood stove and perusing Milnet, while the wife is inside looking at her old nostalgic songs on Youtube.

The beer is out here. I have the better deal. Especially with Pink Floyd's 'The Wall' looping on the stereo. 8)

recceguy said:
Outside in the Mancave, drinking beer, enjoying the wood stove and perusing Milnet, while the wife is inside looking at her old nostalgic songs on Youtube.

The beer is out here. I have the better deal. Especially with Pink Floyd's 'The Wall' looping on the stereo. 8)

oh yes, the wall, perhaps one of my favorite albums, after dark side of the moon and a few other pink floyd albums... but not the manliest albums of all time by a long shot... I am really not sure which album that title would go to...

I nominate either Dark Side of the Moon, or The Final Cut.

Saw that they are supposed to be releasing a compilation album of greatest hits in the next few days.

really? I am really not sure how that would pan out, I think the wall in particular needs to be cohesive... but yes, the final cut is indeed very manly

Surprised the maintenance dude at the residence this morning when he ran into me shovelling the sidewalks arounf the house...been awhile since I've had that much ice on my moustache  :nod:.

MM

Real men don't make 'top ten lists' about what a real man should do, or subscribe to 'Men's magazines' . http://ca.askmen.com/money/mafioso_60/98_mafia.htm

The only magazine that truly matters, of course, is the 30 round variety...  ;D

daftandbarmy said:
Real men don't make 'top ten lists' about what a real man should do, or subscribe to 'Men's magazines' . http://ca.askmen.com/money/mafioso_60/98_mafia.htm

The only magazine that truly matters, of course, is the 30 round variety...  ;D

Tried the link, but it seems to be broken.

uncle-midget-Oddball said:
It's not broken; It just lacks duct tape!

Hopefully the duct tape worked:

http://ca.askmen.com/money/mafioso_60/98_mafia.html

Back