• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Great Gun Control Debate- 2.0

The Ruger No 1 is not banned. Some bureaucrat found an example of a Ruger No 1 chambered in something that can exceed 10kJ at the muzzle, and any example of that specific Ruger No 1 is banned.

Communicated for maximum confusion to prevent well organized and articulated pushback and modification

Fair point. It's just the 460 Wheherby Magnium that is prohibited. I thought it was more calibers than that.

The GSG-16 is on the list. It's a .22caliber semi-automatic rimfire rifle. Is that more dangerous than something used to hunt bear?

The Ruger No 1 is not banned. Some bureaucrat found an example of a Ruger No 1 chambered in something that can exceed 10kJ at the muzzle, and any example of that specific Ruger No 1 is banned.

Communicated for maximum confusion to prevent well organized and articulated pushback and modification
But it is the whole No 1 family, right now, though. The problem being is that one particular cartridge is not specified in the amendment. The list simply says Ruger No. 1 is prohibited. Not the Ruger No. 1 chambered on .458 African is prohibited. The Crown won't make that distinction, if you are using a No 1 chambered on .300 Win Mag. Their lack of firearms knowledge and their rush to push an unvetted list has produced lots of confusion. It puts many firearms and owners unnecessarily at risk of having to spend thousands of dollars to fight a court battle against an overzealous Crown who is following a flawed list and definition. Once again, this vindictive government have almost succeeded in making many gun owners criminals over a piece of paper, lousy research and total ignorance of firearms. Meanwhile, the firearms owners did everything to follow the law and do what they were told to do to enjoy their sport, but are now backed up to the wall, again, through zero fault of their own. Watching, in some cases, tens of thousands of dollars of their personal private property just disappear from existence with zero recourse or compensation.

Last edited:
But it is the whole No 1 family, right now, though. The problem being is that one particular cartridge is not specified in the amendment. The list simply says Ruger No. 1 is prohibited. Not the Ruger No. 1 chambered on .458 African is prohibited. The Crown won't make that distinction, if you are using a No 1 chambered on .300 Win Mag. Their lack of firearms knowledge and their rush to push an unvetted list has produced lots of confusion. It puts many firearms and owners unnecessarily at risk of having to spend thousands of dollars to fight a court battle against an overzealous Crown who is following a flawed list and definition. Once again, this vindictive government have almost succeeded in making many gun owners criminals over a piece of paper, lousy research and total ignorance of firearms. Meanwhile, the firearms owners did everything to follow the law and do what they were told to do to enjoy their sport, but are now backed up to the wall, again, through zero fault of their own. Watching, in some cases, tens of thousands of dollars of their personal private property just disappear from existence with zero recourse or compensation.
Not to mention the few Canadian Firearm manufacturers including Colt Canada who designed got approval from the Federal government, then built and sold these firearms only to be told a couple years later nope we banned your fully approved firearm type. The feds have used the term "circumvented" when talking around these manufactures. Who closely worked with the RCMP Firearms Group to ensure they complied with Canadian Firearms Laws so they could provide a safe reliable product for Canadian Law abiding Firearm Sport and Hunting shooters. All that money, all that R&D down the drain after a couple of years. It is sickening to see this for the family's of those companies and also the people who bought these firearms with the understanding they were not going to be confiscated under lawful use.

I saw that somewhere too - what fucking idiot said that?

This Murray Smith guy is an expert at one thing and its not firearms. I will let you imagine what he's an expert at.
I knew Murray when he was still in the RCMP.
He’s pretty knowledgeable, the issue is at some point in time he became less interested in firearms and more in politics and growing an empire. So he in my opinion has kicked his ethics to the ground and will do what ever is wished by the government (PMO).

Not sure if this factors into the gun grab but I can’t imagine it doesn’t.

No more than the NS massacre did. This is not Liberal ideology. This is a campaign stunt. Only votes matter and gun bans are an easy path to urban votes.

Last edited:
I knew Murray when he was still in the RCMP.
He’s pretty knowledgeable, the issue is at some point in time he became less interested in firearms and more in politics and growing an empire. So he in my opinion has kicked his ethics to the ground and will do what ever is wished by the government (PMO).
Then I will leave it to your imagination what I think he's expert at.

Mind you several RCMP commissioners have cozied up to the PMO so why not him too?

No more than the NS massacre did. This is not Liberal ideology. This is a campaign stunt. Only votes matter and gun bans are an easy path to urban votes.

Maybe, but the “drives truck thru gates” one was more personal, IMO.

Since the original list came out, there has been accusations that it wasn't vetted, it wasn't researched and that it was mostly cut and paste from an algorithm result.

These two firearms have been on the list since April 2020, almost three years ago, and it hasn't been corrected. Even though it has been brought to their attention more than once. They obviously are ignoring us and think they know better..

On page 54, at lines z.085 and z.086

(z.085) AR15.Com ARFCOM;
(z.086) AR15.Com AR15.Com;

The expert that put these firearms on there never even checked their own work or insured the list was correct. Just banning stuff willy nilly.

There is no way possible that these firearms would harm anyone.

Simply because they are not firearms.

They are websites. They banned two websites as firearms, FFS.🤣

Screenshot_20221222_222413_OfficeSuite.jpg

Last edited:
The "Butt Master" made the list. It's a novelty gun made years ago as a joke. It is like an enhanced pen flare launcher, are they on the list as well?
Butt Master

There may be copies, but there is only one 'Butt Master'. It has never left the possession of the inventor and manufacture. It was never submitted to or registered by, the RCMP. The person is a licensed gunsmith. and is somewhat befuddled as to how his property made the list.

You have to love the trudeau graphic Carlson used in his introduction.🤣

Saying “if they want meat, they can get it at a grocery store” is now the government deciding what I should eat and where I should get it.

That isn’t the right of any.
unknown.png

Exactly.

Since the original list came out, there has been accusations that it wasn't vetted, it wasn't researched and that it was mostly cut and paste from an algorithm result.

These two firearms have been on the list since April 2020, almost three years ago, and it hasn't been corrected. Even though it has been brought to their attention more than once. They obviously are ignoring us and think they know better..

On page 54, at lines z.085 and z.086

(z.085) AR15.Com ARFCOM;
(z.086) AR15.Com AR15.Com;

The expert that put these firearms on there never even checked their own work or insured the list was correct. Just banning stuff willy nilly.

There is no way possible that these firearms would harm anyone.

Simply because they are not firearms.

They are websites. They banned two websites as firearms, FFS.🤣

View attachment 75581
I'm not so much upset at the elected officials for this. They are gonna do what they are gonna do but......

I'm more upset at the poor work and people who we call "the professional civil service" for putting out such a dogshit staffing effort. This is what your tax dollars are paying for.

And they want to work from home 🤣

Nah, I think a pay cut is in order and the only billable hours are the ones spent at the office under max supervision.

Back