• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Great Gun Control Debate- 2.0

…and then, after the Bill gets done what he wants done, and they ask for their money…

cbc i dont remember GIF by Kim's Convenience's Convenience
Talk about channeling CAF career managers

I don't think I've seen him keep a promise yet. Unless it's to make himself money or to ingratiate himself to his facist masters.
Trudeau's Promises summary. I think There's a few in there that don't have anything to do with making himself money:

1000001204.jpg

Trudeau's Promises summary. I think There's a few in there that don't have anything to do with making himself money:

View attachment 75557
How does one keep part of a promise?
One could equally label that partially broken…

NR sounds a lot like ignored, and in progress sounds like on the way to being ignored.

So 30% have been carried out. A breakdown of that 30% would be nice.

NR sounds a lot like ignored, and in progress sounds like on the way to being ignored.

It's a single graphic. Doesn't count for much. Polls can be spun however the writer chooses. You could probably find in that 30%, many instances where his promise was kept, but only benefitted himself or his cronies. Solid promises that actually benefit the Canadian people and landscape, not so much.

Much like he told the 'truth' at SECU that he never called anyone names. Stared right at the camera and lied, under oath, about his own recorded and publicized words. That really wants to make you trust him.

It's a single graphic. Doesn't count for much. Polls can be spun however the writer chooses. You could probably find in that 30%, many instances where his promise was kept, but only benefitted himself or his cronies. Solid promises that actually benefit the Canadian people and landscape, not so much.

Much like he told the 'truth' at SECU that he never called anyone names. Stared right at the camera and lied, under oath, about his own recorded and publicized words. That really wants to make you trust him.
1. It's not just a simple graphic. The website actually lists every single one of the 1274 promise with references explaining the promise and the assessment.

2. You said "I don't think I've seen him keep a promise yet. Unless it's to make himself money or to ingratiate himself to his facist masters." You can find plenty of promises in there that disprove your hyperbolic assertion.

I can use the same example to explain both (part promise or in progress). In progress does not mean ignore. For example, Trudeau made promises WRT getting clean water on reserves. They are actually working on that so it's still in progress.

I agree though that part kept could mean broken, but not always. If, for example, the liberals said "good enough" and stopped with the clean water on reserves project, you could say part kept, but also part broken, because they chose to jsut stop. However, some promises cannot be kept through no fault of the government. Perhaps a project that required international support fell through only partially realized, through no fault of the government. You could say it was part kept.

This is a perfect example. Sure, you could make the tinfoil hat argument that he "only" did it because he or his friends had shares in pot companies, or you could accept reality, in the the whole God dman country wanted pot legalized, and the decision to make it part of their platform was grass roots.

So, there, thank you @Humphrey Bogart foe providing the one example needed to disprove @Fishbone Jones assertion that JT hasn't kept a single promise that wasn't done solely to benefit him and his friends.

I apologize to the whole for dedicating so many posts to calling BS on FJ as opposed to actually discussing, you know, gun laws.

I fear JT has timed this right. When we find out exactly what hunting rifles he's considering banning, there will be outrage, but it won't last until the spring election, at least not in a way that it could be a serious election issue.

I apologize to the whole for dedicating so many posts to calling BS on FJ as opposed to actually discussing, you know, gun laws.

I fear JT has timed this right. When we find out exactly what hunting rifles he's considering banning, there will be outrage, but it won't last until the spring election, at least not in a way that it could be a serious election issue.

The list is already out.

This is one of them. It's a single-shot rifle. Ruger No.1

ruger-No.-1-RUGER-4E7OFURY-P.jpg

If the list goes after single shot firearms, this govt can no longer claim “it’s about gun control”.

It’s disarming the population (you believe votes against you).
The Ruger No 1 is not banned. Some bureaucrat found an example of a Ruger No 1 chambered in something that can exceed 10kJ at the muzzle, and any example of that specific Ruger No 1 is banned.

Communicated for maximum confusion to prevent well organized and articulated pushback and modification

This is a perfect example. Sure, you could make the tinfoil hat argument that he "only" did it because he or his friends had shares in pot companies, or you could accept reality, in the the whole God dman country wanted pot legalized, and the decision to make it part of their platform was grass roots.

So, there, thank you @Humphrey Bogart foe providing the one example needed to disprove @Fishbone Jones assertion that JT hasn't kept a single promise that wasn't done solely to benefit him and his friends.

You’re far more trusting and forgiving of this govt than they deserve. Do they REALLY deserve the benefit of the doubt on anything anymore? Honestly.

Making pot legal is also a way to pacify part of a population.

This govt has demonstrated a lack of ethics, honesty and integrity too many times…and gotten away with it. So they will continue because there is no consequence to their ways.

The Ruger No 1 is not banned. Some bureaucrat found an example of a Ruger No 1 chambered in something that can exceed 10kJ at the muzzle, and any example of that specific Ruger No 1 is banned.

Communicated for maximum confusion to prevent well organized and articulated pushback and modification

You’ll note I said any single shot firearms (to me includes Centre fire, rim fire or shotgun).

I was specific in my choice of words.

Back