• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Great Gun Control Debate- 2.0

This is not a question designed to elicit a "gotcha" moment; as a non-hunter I am literally just ignorant:

How many of you and/or how often while hunting did you:
a. use a semi-auto rifle while hunting; and
b. actually use the semi-auto function in the process of taking down the animal? (i.e. shoot 2-3 times in quick succession)

I have it in my mind that hunters only ever fire one bullet and one bullet only to take down a target, and I want to figure out if that's a wild and incorrect assumption or not.

Waterfowl hunters in high winds enter the chat…

Don't ya'll use pump-action shotguns for that?
Semiautos actually. Many traditional hunting shotguns for waterfowl, particularly break actions, are semi-automatic.

I'm talking about the classics you always see as well with some nice Italian and Turkish craftsmanship.

TBH, everything this Government does seems like an attack on some of my extended family's businesses and way of life.

I wouldn't consider a pump action semi-auto...

I personally like these beauties. Not "Black and Scary" they are sexy like an Italian racecar. Design basically unchanged since 1925 😎

Also, Caesar Guerini makes a sexy gun as well! They also show the love for the ladies:

Trudeau moving the goalposts again. Now he's blurring the line between 'assault style weapons' and hunting guns. Still pushing the inevitable creep towards total confiscation. Especially if we let leftist politicians continue to define firearm types, instead of technical experts..

"Our focus now is on saying okay, there are some guns, yes, that we're going to have to take away from people who were using them to hunt," Trudeau said.
"There are some weapons that are used for hunting that unfortunately fall on the wrong side of the line. Not many, but there are some that are slightly overpowered or have too large a magazine capacity or technical reasons like that," Trudeau said. "Nobody wants assault-style weapons anywhere in this country. You don't use them for hunting, and you shouldn't have them for any other reason."

I wonder how long before people start putting a set screw and their lever guns again and how the miscreants will define those.

Trudeau moving the goalposts again. Now he's blurring the line between 'assault style weapons' and hunting guns. Still pushing the inevitable creep towards total confiscation. Especially if we let leftist politicians continue to define firearm types, instead of technical experts..

I wonder how long before people start putting a set screw and their lever guns again and how the miscreants will define those.

But think of the children!?!

Been out all morning with two kids and another adult hunting grouse. Semi auto .12ga guns.

No mass murders or illegal killings. Weird.
Dance Dancing GIF by U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service

The grouse beg to differ!!!!

Don't ya'll use pump-action shotguns for that?

Yes, I’m a pump 12ga guy myself. But a semi is generally better and they usually have a recoil reduction system which makes them a better choice, IMO. Semi’s can also be more accurate for older folks, which means more ethical harvests ( cleaner kills).

I can rack 5 shells out of my Winchester as fast as I could put them out of a semi, or pretty darn close.

I can also swing a shovel pretty fast, so I expect a bill to control dangerous garden tools to follow under this govts logic.

One voice that seems missing from the discussion regarding the “semi auto” and “mag capacity” is what i will call the ethical hunter/amateur conservationist voice.

Those of us that fall into this category believe in things like ethical harvest, clean kill, limiting suffering, and game should become tablefare. We care about wildlife and nature. We want the proper tools for the job to be done.

Some of us are also unhappy with the “grocery store” selection of meat (and other products) as we’ve become more aware of the problems in our food supply. And we want to reach back to when things were more natural and healthy.

Saying “if they want meat, they can get it at a grocery store” is now the government deciding what I should eat and where I should get it.

That isn’t the right of any government, IMO.

Reasonable firearms control; sure we’ve had that for years. The hunting firearms attempt is crossing a line.

Justification for semi auto and more than 5 round capacity firearms? These animals are in Canada now and spreading rapidly.

If the current pressure on the provincial health care systems persists into February, I suspect Trudeau will tell the premiers that more health dollars will flow if they support and enable his assault weapons ban and Bill C-21.

If the current pressure on the provincial health care systems persists into February, I suspect Trudeau will tell the premiers that more health dollars will flow if they support and enable his assault weapons ban and Bill C-21.

…and then, after the Bill gets done what he wants done, and they ask for their money…

cbc i dont remember GIF by Kim's Convenience

Back