• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Task Force 3-09

transvap0r

Inactive
Reaction score
Does anyone know who will be deploying on TF 3-09 (Aug 2009) and which Fd Amb will be deploying with them? (assuming we extend the mission past Feb 2009). I've searched EVERYWHERE, asked everyone, and nobody seems to know who. Thanks.

3 PPCLI will provide the battle group designated for High Readiness in Aug 2009.  It currently, in keeping with GoC policy, doesn't have an assigned mission.  They don't have an assigned Field Amb, although it is pretty safe to assume that 1 Fd Amb and the Edmonton-based HSG will be the primary force generators.

Actually that may be a tough call....You would figure it would be based on 1 Fd Amb, it might be more of a national conglomerate using thier building. I say this because unless there are some major shuffle of the that fd amb after the next tour, the majority of 1 Fd Amb medics should be going over this Feb, and not back in time to begin the year long training cycle for the tour.

And besides, haven't you been watching the news. We aren't sending anymore soldiers to Afghanistan after Feb 09.

Yeah, everyone's feeling the pinch out West, hence my hedging my bets ever so slightly ("primary force generator").

As I said, 3-09 doesn't have an assigned mission yet - it's being described as a "high readiness" task force until direction is received.

Are there any preliminary timelines regarding training, as well as what everyone is expected to support (Reserve) wise?

I have a big vested interest in this, as I am really hoping that I will be able to be on this last ROTO.

MedTech said:
I have a big vested interest in this, as I am really hoping that I will be able to be on this last ROTO.

- What makes you think it will be a last roto?

;D

To quote one genereal I heard:

"The exit strategy for Afghanistan will probably have us going into another theatre"

I don't think there will be a lack of opportunities for tours in the foreseeable future...

Exactly.... plus I don't think we will be pulling out of Afghanistan completely in Feb 09... just my thought. I will be going on this roto if it goes ahead.

Hahaha just going with popular Canadian belief there TCBF. I want that tour!!! Be it 3-09 or 1-04 don't care just want in!

Don't forget the OMLT for 3-09, which will also require Medics.

With the theme of TF3-09 - one lesson learned that we're seeing from some tours is that with the addition of reservists, we are having to do a lot of trg within the work-up that could be done before (meaning some of the valuable work-up time is spent doing crses for the tour). What I'm getting at here is that if you are kean to go on 3-09, pass it up your CoC. There is a 1HSG Ops/Trg conference later this month and it's one thing that is going to be addressed and perhaps deals can be made to try and get reservists the trg prior to the standing up of 3-09. For example, Crew Comd, Bison Dvr, etc, etc.

Cheers

If that can be done independant of the TF standing up, great.  I know the 11 months that those drivers have been in Edm is a source of major dissatisfaction, which may have adverse effects down the road.

Telling them they need a year in the hatch to deploy, and then having not spent any time driving for the bulk of their contracts....well, I think we saw the results of that at CMTC.

Are our boys and girl still grumbling there PMT?

I think they're all in Vancouver, grumbling. They're all on leave, but some are less then happy.

Well, if the training calender holds true from the last 2 rotos to the 1- 09...

They should begin pre-pre-predeployment tng right after Christmas.

ParaMedTech said:
I think they're all in Vancouver, grumbling. They're all on leave, but some are less then happy.

huh... that's not cool. Speaking of leave got my PM? BTW never got a msg from Derek.

St. Micheals Medical Team said:
Well, if the training calender holds true from the last 2 rotos to the 1- 09...

They should begin pre-pre-predeployment tng right after Christmas.

Stand up is officially Aug 08 - which is dumb.  Excpect to see a more likely Feb 09 date.

Formal standup for TF 3-09 will be Jan 09.  We're likely to use a "compressed" training timeline, but many issues are still to be resolved.

Teddy Ruxpin said:
Formal standup for TF 3-09 will be Jan 09.  We're likely to use a "compressed" training timeline, but many issues are still to be resolved.

Amazing that the issue could get so clouded between your level and mine.... ;)

Back