• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Staring BMQ in July 2007?? Roll Call!!

Brett said:
Sell me some Inuit art D!!  8)
What, you need some extra weight in your rucksac?
I find a large bear carving in my back-pack during my lunchtime run helps build endurance  ;)
Anytime Brett!
D2

I posted earlier on another thread it must have been moved to this one, I am new to this site and I've been reading alot of threads before deciding to post, I am leaving for the 16th of July as I mentioned earlier and I can't wait to get there. I am going  for Aviation Tech. Air Force. Besides all the great advice I've gained from threads like "no excuse", what can i do to prepare myself for BMQ, is it a good idea to begin waking up at 5 oclock to get used to it, also I know they only have runs 3 times a week, and I have a training schedule now that requires me to run 6 times a week, should I scrap it till BMQ is over or is it possible to do extra PT?

Congrats Jesse, as you have probably read, i will be there for July 16th as well.

As for your Running schedule, dont scrap it, keep it up till you leave. You will have to put it on hold once you are there, as you have to do the PT they set out for you. But until then, happy running. I currently run 4 times a week and also incorporate about 2 days of sprints. Ill be keeping that up till BMQ starts and afterwards, ill start again.

Who here is going to be in Borden for the July 2nd BMQ?

I'm in the naval res., as an RMS clerk.

Jesse Christie said:
is it a good idea to begin waking up at 5 oclock to get used to it, also I know they only have runs 3 times a week, and I have a training schedule now that requires me to run 6 times a week, should I scrap it till BMQ is over or is it possible to do extra PT?

Getting into the pattern of early morning runs can only help ya during BMQ... up at 5 (4:30 if your pl cheats) running by 5:15- brekfast at 6-6:30... am's when pt and inspections (7 am) are together can be tricky.

Prairie Cowgirl said:

This is interesting.... I have a July 2nd start date for Reg Navy, but I always believed that I was going to Quebec (not that it matters). But everyone who has posted with an early July start date is headed for Borden.

I did get a package that included a letter from the recruiter which stated when I'll be leaving, but not where I'll be headed.

I should give them a call.

Prairie Cowgirl said:

I'll probably be there. Res inf. My start date is 3 July, though.

I am going Reg navy and headed for St Jean July 16th start...so no not all Navy goes to Borden. Stop assuming...and call and ask.

My buddy joined reg navy, he was sent to St. Jean but he left before he finished... Said he wanted to go to the army, but I think he was just worried that he wouldn't get to go home after his basic.

I'm not headed to St Jean for BMQ but Chiliwack, 4 July to 3 Aug then off to SQ :warstory:. Who else is going to be there?

LK21 are you by chance from the RHLI?

I know a few guys from my regiment [rhli], are headed down there for the early july bmq.. I've heard meaford, borden and chiliwak... I heard from one of the guys from my rc that I was heading to borden... but it could always change.

1) So far three i have currently met three people that are going to be on the July, 16th BMQ.

2) I have received my joining instructions, also have started my autobiography Blah.

3) June 20th i am no longer a civilian.

Im going to St. Jean on the 15th of july for the 16th start date. Im going for avionics system tech. Email me if your gonna be there thatguyfromelenors@hotmail.com Ièd like to meet some people before I get there.

I haven't received any instructions per say as of yet, I imagine that will come soon.

Ok, so is anyone going to the July BMQ in Borden, who is over 17?  :P This is gonna be interesting.

I've heard both July 2nd and July 3rd for start dates.  I believe the 2nd is a Monday though, so that would make more sense.

I think I'm flying out June 30th, if I'm not mistaken.  I'm both excited and nervous about BMQ, I can't believe it's almost June already!

What do you guys figure, do you think they'll lock us all up on base for the July long?  :P I'm thinking yeah, seeing as how we'll probably arrive maybe on the Friday before. 

you will be confined to barracks for at least the first 4 weeks of basic....To get you used to military life.

Back