• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Sound off: What are you doing right now? Aside from the obvious being on here..

I thought something was going on about 8-9 hrs ago, as I seen some info on Fox, and saw what appeared to be the deliberate use of Smk from either Arty, Armd or both, to possibly obscure open ground for a push into Gaza. Fell asleep shortly after, and only been up for a short time.

Anyways, going for a swim, pool temp 29C, followed maybe by a trip to the range to warm uo my 1896 vintage Martini-Enfield .303 CC Mk1, all before it gets too bloody hot and sticky out.

Cheers,

OWDU

Overwatch Downunder said:
Ahhhhhhh,

0830 Sun.

METREP here www.bribie.com.au is 27C, some wind and partly cloudy

Just had a traditional Canuck pancake breakfast with Canadian Beehive golden corn syrup, some real butter, and light crispy bacon, with some of the bacon harmoniously shared with Sam the Siamese cat. Wierdly enough washed down with ice cold orange Gatorade.

OWDU

6:00 pm, Ontario, Canada: minus 7 celsius (19 Farenheit)  and clear

OWDU,

If you send  us, in southwestern Ontario, some real Australian sunshine, I'll send you some real French Canadian maple syrup and real Canadian bacon--I'll even throw in some extra cans of Canadian beer and tomato juice to wash it down with!  ;D

Yum yum. good maple syrup is not only expensive, but hard to come by.

Good offer there OWDU. You should take it.

Nites

leroi said:
6:00 pm, Ontario, Canada: minus 7 celsius (19 Farenheit)  and clear

OWDU,

If you send  us, in southwestern Ontario, some real Australian sunshine, I'll send you some real French Canadian maple syrup and real Canadian bacon--I'll even throw in some extra cans of Canadian beer and tomato juice to wash it down with!  ;D

Well Leroi, perhaps you should also send yourself too... Ha!

Plenty of sunshine at my place  ;D

Cheers,

Wes

OWDU, that's tempting! Too bad I've gotta go back to work Jan. 5th!

Best regards and keep posting about the wonderful sunshine "down under."

It gives us northerners something to look forward to!!

Watching Indy at San Diego AFC wild card game. Indy leads 17 to 14.

Hanging out in Singapore, spent yesterday touring the battle box and the Army Museum. Afterwards my friend took to downtown to quaff a few pints and discuss the world's problems! If you are single and have money this is the place to be, it's crawling with stunningly beautiful women!!!! Singapore is also freakingly expensive. The price of beer goes up as the night goes on if you are in the downtown core. The Hawker stalls have lots of good food at reasonable prices.

I can't beleive Indy lost... to cry baby Phillip Rivers. The humanity!!!!!

I'm going to go to the Rideau Canal and get pushed around one of those chairs with the skates on them, because I can't skate and want to do it for kicks.  Then go eat sushi.

getting ready to go to an adult Toys 'R us (Home depot)

Colin P said:
Hanging out in Singapore, spent yesterday touring the battle box and the Army Museum. Afterwards my friend took to downtown to quaff a few pints and discuss the world's problems! If you are single and have money this is the place to be, it's crawling with stunningly beautiful women!!!! Singapore is also freakingly expensive. The price of beer goes up as the night goes on if you are in the downtown core. The Hawker stalls have lots of good food at reasonable prices.
One of my favourite cities.  I once contemplated doing a masters of architecture there. 

I'm sitting at home on a beautiful 28degree day, watching the cricket. And its looking good, Australia made a good total and the Sydney pitch is notorious for not being a good batting pitch. Hopefully South Africa do ok though, i'm keen for this to last the full 5 days.

Cricket ?

Is that something like watching paint dry ???

geo said:
Cricket ?

Is that something like watching paint dry ???
I dont bag your sports, you shouldnt bag mine. Personally, i find ice hockey really interesting, its the bit where they play best of 47 to see who wins that bores me.
Cricket is an absolutely brilliant game, how could anything where a team scores over 400 runs be boring? And have you ever seen a fast bowler like Brett Lee or Dale Steyn bowl? The batsman has to stand there while a ball travelling at 150kmh ricochets off the pitch towards him AND not only does he have to avoid being killed by it, he's got to play a shot and make runs off it. Its exciting and full of action. A test match goes (best case) for 5 days. And everyone of those days is worth watching. Last week i spent ever day at the cricket watching South Africa play brilliantly to win in Australia for the first time in 16 years. That was a fantastic test.

Best of 47 wins ?
What sport is that ??? Or are you refering to the full league season ?

BTW - not attempting to "bag" your sport - it just doesn't do much for me BUT, give me a good game of Rugby (League, Union OR Aussie rules) OR Lacrosse OR Irish football OR Hurley....

Back