• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Sound off: What are you doing right now? Aside from the obvious being on here..

R. Jorgensen said:
Recovering from a nasty sinus cold and fever; it struck me within 15 minutes of getting home the grocery store.

I think I know that bug.  Drops you to your knees without warning, makes you wish you were dead for about a week, then it's a long slow 2-3 week climb back to feeling OK again.

Hope I'm wrong and yours goes away as fast as it appeared.

Michael O`Leary said:
I think I know that bug.  Drops you to your knees without warning, makes you wish you were dead for about a week, then it's a long slow 2-3 week climb back to feeling OK again.

Hope I'm wrong and yours goes away as fast as it appeared.

Well, the symptoms are exactly as you explained, I am feeling A LOT better than I was yesterday but I'm still have spontaneous Hot and Cold spells and my ears are still annyoingly sore.

I hope that it goes away in time for Christmas so I don't pass it off to the rest of my family however, sometimes it can't be helped.

Michael O`Leary said:

I'm just getting over that one  ::)

R. Jorgensen said:
Recovering from a nasty sinus cold and fever; it struck me within 15 minutes of getting home from the grocery store.

I found DayQuil/NightQuil worked wonders.  It at least let me get through the work day (I'm to stupid to go to the MIR for the flu  ;D).

Just getting ready to head back to the Cape for Christmas...and enjoy the remaining time with my daughter before I head to the Mega. Only a week and a half to go!  :eek:

I hope everyone has a good holiday! 

Spent the night throwing snowballs at a pesky family of raccoons in a tree.

I know, I'm filled with Christmas cheer.

Happy Saturnalia folks.

Putzing around here, listening to Mannheim Steamroller Christmas CDs on stereo.

Seasons Greetings to all!!

Cheers,

tango22a

Now? Just finish posting up some funnies.  After, I"m going to hit the Xbox 360 for some COD 4... Yeah I poor for the new game.. Hint hint Santa..

Mr Plow said:
Now? Just finish posting up some funnies.   After, I"m going to hit the Xbox 360 for some COD 4... Yeah I poor for the new game.. Hint hint Santa..

I've never played any COD's before, but I am also going for CoD5 for my Ps3. Sounds good.

Merry Christmas All  ;D

Marshall said:
I've never played any COD's before, but I am also going for CoD5 for my Ps3. Sounds good.

Merry Christmas All  ;D
That is an AWESOME game!

The eldest nephew and I played through it last night on coop mode, and man, is he ever good with a browning! LOL

Merry Christmas folks! Stay safe!

Unloading and unpacking from our holidays to the coast. Now to get ready to get back at 'er.

Settling into my new home and preparing to start at my first "working" posting. Enjoying my last few days of leave.  ;D

Also potty training the new puppy.... now that's a ton of fun.  ::) (It's a good thing she's really cute!)

XBox sounds good right now..maybe 9er will let me have an hour or 2 with my new games..... :'(

31 Dec 2008

Well, its just before 1000h, At 0800 I cut the grass, then went for a swim to cool off.

It was 35C yesterday and the same will be today, but tonight I will head to the beach to watch the firerworks for 2100h, then most likely to the RSL www.bribiersl.com for NYE, going stag.

Bad storms in the arvo yesterday with some 'quarter' sized hail. some are suppoed to fire up again today also.

OWDU

Trying to get over this weird fluish thing! I've got a strange bacterial infection and such of my lungs... Eek...

Just counting the hours till New Years! Then... Well tomorrow's another year!

1000 h NYD, and its already 34C.

Laying low today because of the heat.

Air-con on full, all ceiling fans and pedistal fans at full.

Going to make some of my Mom's home recipe of fudge today.

Squirley Shirley's Fudge consisting of:

1 cup brown sugar,

1 cup white sugar,

1/2 cup of Beehive corn syrup

1/4 cup real butter; and

1/2 cup homo milk.

Next boil the mixture until a 'thread' appears after it drips off a spoon; and

then drip some of the melted fudge into a cup of cold water, if it 'balls', its ready.

With an electric beater, beat the shyte out of it ( still in the sauce pan) until it begins to go creamy.  Finally quickly pour into a greased pan. It solidifys real fast, let cool end enjoy.

Since I was a kid, this fudge was a family treat only at Christmas, and the recipe comes from my American born Grandmother originally (we are direct blood relations to the extended Jesse James family). She was born in the mid 1880's, so its been around the family for a long time.

OWDU

Trying to find the cheapest vehicle transport company, cuz the army won't pay for my move back to gagetown after OJT. Damn Administrative loops holes. haha

Back