• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Russian Spetsnaz in Bosnia

First of all, I aint a kid, second of all I dont live in Russia... I am currently station in Japan, I told you I was a Marine. :threat:

Grom said:
Some more.... :salute: Ruskies   :)
Yeah, OK. So if you're a Marine, you should know a thing or 2 about marksmanship... so you surely realize the first pic in that post is a comedy. No Sniper would try a shot in that position: no support, high elevation... Heck, there's a whole different set of firing tables for that kind of angle shooting.
So is that a hobby of yours ? Download Russian Army pics from the Net ?

Who said he was a sniper... I never said... it's a standard procedure to issue SVD-Dragunov Sniper rifles to gruntz, or recon teams... second of all he might be just spoting, who said he was actually shooting... and yes... the standing position might be difficult and unstable, but if some are better a standing position than in kneeling or prone... and no its not a hobby of mine to download pictures off the internet of russian military... I would post my military pictures taken of me, but I don't have them on me...unfortunatly they are back in the states at my brothers house.

Grom,

really do you really want this abuse??

Stop it please the BS meter is running high man...

I would post my military pictures taken of me, but I don't have them on me...unfortunately they are back in the states at my brothers house.

yep, just like your fake i.d and the original boxes for all of yer Tom Clancy PC games, that gave you your info....

man oh man oh man...I am off to bed...

Jungle,

Say no more, You don't have to prove your self amongst us mate, ignore the pups who need to spam us with their crap...especially ones that are posted in "Japan, so far away from their pics"

tess

We had a Coy of Russian Naval Infantry co-loc with us in Vukovar on Harmony 0.  They are unbelievably fit little buggers, and are very hard workers, when given immediate close supervision.  As soon as they are required to take any initiative, however, you can hear the light switch click to the OFF position.  Disciplin for them is brutal:  2 youngsters stole a 3 pack of Fanta juice boxes from our kitchen.  They were beaten and humiliated in front of  our barracks for 2 hours.  Not relevant, I know....just had to chime in...

CHIMO,  Kat

the 48th regulator said:
Grom,

really do you really want this abuse??

Stop it please the BS meter is running high man...

yep, just like your fake i.d and the original boxes for all of yer Tom Clancy PC games, that gave you your info....

man oh man oh man...I am off to bed...

Jungle,

Say no more, You don't have to prove your self amongst us mate, ignore the pups who need to spam us with their crap...especially ones that are posted in "Japan, so far away from their pics"

tess

Okay... since you insist so bad and call me a liar, fine... I will request my brother to send me my military pictures taken of me when I was stationed in California, Camp Pendleton than that will make you happier... as a matter of fact... I'll take a digital picture of me over in headquarters and I'll post it here...on the web site...so you would stop crying abuse... and than I'll post other pictures...

HERE IT IS!!!!! :gunner:
This is my current picture, but my better pictures of my funner days in Camp Pendleton California are at my brothers house... so when he sends them out to me... I'll post them when I have the time... :threat:

Alright, alright, can't we all just get along? This thread is turning into a real pissing contest. My point is, they're cool pictures, and I don't care much beyond that. Flame wars ain't popular anywhere, so lets not start one here.

Right then you lot, off to bed.

Don't make me open up this conveniently placed can.

Kat Stevens said:
We had a Coy of Russian Naval Infantry co-loc with us in Vukovar on Harmony 0.   They are unbelievably fit little buggers, and are very hard workers, when given immediate close supervision.   As soon as they are required to take any initiative, however, you can hear the light switch click to the OFF position.   Disciplin for them is brutal:   2 youngsters stole a 3 pack of Fanta juice boxes from our kitchen.   They were beaten and humiliated in front of   our barracks for 2 hours.   Not relevant, I know....just had to chime in...

CHIMO,   Kat

Funny, that sounds like the exact same description you hear from Germans who fought against them in WWII.

Plus ca change, Plus ce la meme chose....

Grom,
Good on you for being willing to back your identity up - the Internet can be a murky place.

That being said, I am unsure of what you are trying to do by "Calling Out" a Senior member here who has definately "walked the walk" as a Been-There-Done-That type.  He related his working experience with the Russians, as have others.  Aside from all the snazzy "Soldier of Fortune" pics, what is your working experience with them.

Im talking from no experience what so ever, but I have a friend whom I did my SQ with who's brother is a conscript in the Russian army. 

He said his brother went through 5 days of beatings and learning how to use their weapon, was tossed a uniform and sent to fight in Chechnya. 

Anyone know if there's any truth to that?

Lost_Warrior said:
Im talking from no experience what so ever, but I have a friend whom I did my SQ with who's brother is a conscript in the Russian army.

He said his brother went through 5 days of beatings and learning how to use their weapon, was tossed a uniform and sent to fight in Chechnya.

Anyone know if there's any truth to that?

From what I know, and I know my experience about the Russian Military aint that vast... I'll admit... I worked with some, and chichated with High Ranking Russian Military Officer (because I can speak the langauge...with an accent of course)...and I know a few Russian military personell...that got out already, one was in Spetsnaz and the other one wont say exactly...but I know him real well, a bad old man... but from they tell me their boot camp or A.K.A. korse molodova boitsa(course of a young fighter) is 4 months long... and comes other special training depending on what job you get... yes it is true that a lot of young 18 year old boys were sent to battle in the first Chechen war.. that were strait out of boot camp or halfway done with boot camp... and that had no experience what so ever... my friend who was in Spetsnaz said it was a political war...not something Russian people wanted...the government and the corrupt military officials were "washing money" basically taking money for themselves and saying they spent it on war.... but still it was a war against muslim militants... and mercineries from Iran, and Afgahn... well my friend also told me...over a cold beer... that they would be ordered to take a village...they come in at night... plant stealth charges... kill any resistance...than they would either be ordered to blow the village up or to pull back out.... sometimes he also said they would be sent on survailllance missions... he said that during the day the village would be really friendly and peaceful(of course they did not come out) but once night began to settle in, you can hear the squeeking of armor... from the wheels of BMPs to the old T-model tanks.... there were many other more interesting stories he told me...but those were personal stories... and I'm sorry I can't share them with you gentlemen...

I hope you gents have a good one, :salute:  I'm out...its 8am...and I'm at my usuall place...work .... (got here at 5am...but we Marines like to run a lot... so guess what i was doin at 5 am....running....than took a quick shower...changed on to my Service Bravos....today is PAYDAY!!!!! ahhh and a nice Friday in Japan... I should be have a great evening tonight....  :gunner:

Before I go... here is a picture...
Here is the descripition on it...so you know...a few good men...

Marine 1st Sergeant Brad Kasal (in the middle).  This photo is from the most recent major offensive in Fallujah.  1stSgt Kasal sacrificed his own safety to save a room full of fellow Marines.  He ended up taking several AK rounds in the leg.  Most of his lower leg was blown away but you can't tell it from this pic.  He took rounds in the back which his armor saved him from.  He took one round through his butt which passed through both cheeks leaving 4 holes in him.  And he also took the brunt of a grenade blast.  He jumped on top of a younger Marine to cover him from the fire.  He killed the enemy who did most of the damage to him and his men, and despite a massive loss of blood he never stopped fighting.  Notice that he's still holding his pistol.  He has been put in for the
Medal of Honor for his actions on that day.  He already has several Purple Hearts for previous battles throughout his career and he has turned some down so that he could stay with his unit.

Grom said:
From what I know, and I know my experience about the Russian Military aint that vast... I'll admit...
Hmmm... and you're telling me not to make stuff up.  ::)
I was not so far when I asked you where you were from in Russia, right ??  ;)
Anyway, good on you for coming forward with some info so we get to know you a little better. You're welcome to participate on this site, but remember, even though we have no Marines, some of us here have been around a bit...

1st Sgt Kasal looks like an outstanding Marine, I hope he recovers well.  :salute:

Oh, and no pics from me... OK Tess ?!?  8)

hehe cheers Jungle,

I think your words and History says enough that you don't have to prove it!

cheers

tess

Jungle said:
Hmmm... and you're telling me not to make stuff up. ::)
I was not so far when I asked you where you were from in Russia, right ?? ;)
Anyway, good on you for coming forward with some info so we get to know you a little better. You're welcome to participate on this site, but remember, even though we have no Marines, some of us here have been around a bit...

1st Sgt Kasal looks like an outstanding Marine, I hope he recovers well. :salute:

Oh, and no pics from me... OK Tess ?!? 8)

Well Gent, I said its not big....but I never said I dont have any... I went hunting with my Russian friends many times... he showed me some moves with a K-bar(knife) and he threw it into many diffifrent objects...never cut his finger and the knife stuck 99.9% of the times... we even had a target for him most of the time it was dead center... he did it at diffirent distances too... I was amazed... so when you said that the Spetsnaz that came to visit you were throwing knifes were cutting their fingers and while the knife would not stick to the target... it just seemed to me too unreal...

You have a good one :salute: I'm out for afternoon chow!!! 1130

http://desantura.ru/index.php?ind=gallery  Real  Russian  VDV .

http://www.amic.ru/report/landing_troops2003/?001 

http://www.amic.ru/report/landing_troops2004/?001

right, sorry to burst into this flame war with some relavent info, but those are not spetsnaz. note the following things, blue beret(airborne), light blue striped undershirt(airborne), blue airborne patch on uniform(airborne again), and the regular army issue uniform, which the spetsnaz do not wear.  while the russian airborne is very tough and badass, they are not spetsnaz.

one more thing, ill bet ya 5000 iraqi dinars that this isnt even in bosnia, more likely at a graduation or something along those lines.

wack-in-iraq said:
right, sorry to burst into this flame war with some relavent info, but those are not spetsnaz. note the following things, blue beret(airborne), light blue striped undershirt(airborne), blue airborne patch on uniform(airborne again), and the regular army issue uniform, which the spetsnaz do not wear.  while the russian airborne is very tough and badass, they are not spetsnaz.

one more thing, ill bet ya 5000 iraqi dinars that this isnt even in bosnia, more likely at a graduation or something along those lines.

http://www.nato.int/sfor/indexinf/119/p12a/t0112a.htm

I suspect this should clear up all doubts.

Back