• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Reserve Engr Sp Sqn in Chilliwack

Spr.Earl

Army.ca Veteran
Inactive
Reaction score
Yes folk‘s is has come to light that there will be a Reserve Support Engineer Sqn (Hvy Equip) moving into the old Base Maintenance Building and Compound in Chilliwack!!!
I have not heard yet what equipment will be moved in,yet but it has also been suggested the Reg.Force Engineer‘s will be using this site because of all year round training as the Reg.Force Unit‘s don‘t have this ability any were else in the country.

Er reactivation of the Wack in drib‘s and drab‘s?
I hope so!!

All from several VERY reliable source‘s!!!!!

Yes it's true.
It's in the work's now a,Sup.SQn is going to be set up in the Wack.
I have had several people ask me would I go over.
Future heavy training area?

By Engineer Support Squadron do you mean Something Similar to 4 ESR or Just a New engineer Unit? :warstory:

It's a reserve incarnation of 4ESR, but Sqn size, so Eng Support Sqn, our Heavy Equipment, bridges, etc.  AFAIK, talking to the Engineers tasked with recruiting for it, it will be part of 6FES untill big enough to be self-supporting, at which time it will split off to become their own Sqn.

Clear as mud?

Hey, I just finished the application process, and I am waiting for a call back telling me wether I am hired or not. Im going to be joining the new engineer sup. sqn. in chilliwac (hopefully). I was just wondering about the different courses, I know there is BMQ (6 weeks?)
and SQ (4weeks?) but i remember my recruiter telling me about specialized engineer training, is that what the Soldier Qualification is for? or is that something else. I also wanted to know how intense the basic training really is, is it seriously really tough or can most people do it? Any tips on preparing myself for theses courses? thanks alot for your help in advance
-Brett J.

Youll Do: BMQ, SQ,

Then Shipped off to CFB Gagetown for a 6 Week Ql3 (Engineer Training) :cdn:

Hey, whats the BMQ and SQ training like? Whats a normal day like? And are you on base for the entire time or do you get to go home on weekends or something? Or just some day passes and stuff... thanks for the info :cdn:

Spr.Earl, could you define a future heavy training area for me?  Thanks.

Spr. WIlliamson said:
By Engineer Support Squadron do you mean Something Similar to 4 ESR or Just a New engineer Unit? :warstory:

I expect not.  Every regular force CER has a Support Squadron which consists of heavy equipment troop, construction troop, and resource troop.  I would imagine the reserve support squadron to look like this but with out the construction troop (because Constr Tp is only administratively attached in peace time and because construction MOCs only exist in the regular force or the air reserve).

In a reserve unit, heavy equipment normally consists of one or two dump truck and back hoe.  A reserve support squadron may see some of the traditionally regular force equipment such as the HESV, front end loader, or dozers.

The resources troop holds all of our â Å“specialâ ? equipment and provides transportation for what is external to the regiment.  A ROWPU section is part of the troop and conducts all of the brigades water purification.  There is a mine/counter-mine section which holds the mine layers, mine cache stores, bomb suits, and is seen as the source for current mine warfare training.  The stores section hold boats, TMHTS, portable wood-mill, etc.  The stores section also provides transportation of MGB, MFB/MR, bulk mines, and other assets external to the unit.  Often, many of our BBE Ops will be from the stores section.

4 ESR is a "division asset" (yes, I know Canada does not have a division).  Of the elements that I do not expect to be reproduced in a reserve support squadron, 4 ESR has a construction squadron of four troops (however, three of these troops are administratively attached to the various CERs in peace time) and a Field Squadron.

I have heard that the support squadron & 6 FES will eventually be permanently fused under 7 FER (which is the engineer regiment which historically existed in southern BC).

I do what I can.

It will be interesting to watch this Squadron take shape.  It will be a first for the reserves and I have not heard a firm idea of which capabilities of a regular force Sp Sqn it will mirror (or even which capabilities it may have that would not normally be found in a regular force Sp Sqn).

Hooray!!!

Long Live the Wack!!!!!!!!

Keep us all in the loop Earl!

Ok I know way to many exclamation points but hey I am stoked.

GF

Sounds like it will become the MR/MFB unit for Canada or atleast the west.

Yeah, that'll happen...........................you think that the Army will get the bldgs back that they sold for cheap? Yeah, that'll happen..................

Listen, the army can't even man the MTC and you guys are going on about building chilliwack back up? Come on, that is so low on the list right now.

CHIMO

BMaint/BSup wasn't sold. They are being maintained by the caretaker contract holder. Since it is right across the street from the ASG, it makes sense of a sort. Stranger things have happened. :-\

Mike Cotts said:
Yeah, that'll happen...........................
The Army has already decided to stand-up a reserve Sp Sqn and the pontoons & BBE have already been sent.  It is happening.

Where is the kit being kept? How much? Who is resp for it? Who is the EET storeman?

The EET is in Wainwright.  The MR/MFB will be the responsibility of the reserve Sqn in Chilliwack.

Back