• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Re: Army.ca pub night/meet and greet anyone? - Sir John A Macdonald Chapter

Rice said:
...My mom says I'm cool.

Your mom is also overworked and underpaid cleaning up after you and feeding you, so I say we take what she says with a grain of salt.  Poor woman doesn't know if she's coming or going.  ;)

Just so happens I'm on course here. so without reading through 17 pages...(no time) It's at the Tir n'nog at some time like 6pm right?

I copied the salient details to the first post, for those who didn't want to read through the rest. 1800 works, the "official start time" is 1930 but I may try to swing in a bit early too, if Saturday doesn't end up too busy.

I'll also restate that I have room for 3 leaving Ottawa's west end, returning Sunday, probably after a groggy brunch.

Mike Bobbitt said:
1800 works, the "official start time" is 1930 but I may try to swing in a bit early too, if Saturday doesn't end up too busy.

I plan on arriving at about 1900 with D Squared in tow....
drunk.gif
but I'm sure we'll have a couple of drinks at my place before we go. 
As I mentioned before, the booking is under my name (Maureen).  Maybe I'll call and just ask them to put it under Milnet.ca.  :D

So, checking through the 18 pages  :-\ this is what I get:

"Yes"

me (and spouse and friend)
D Squared and her Bodyguard  ;)
Mike Bobbitt
niner domestic (and spouse)
Wookilar
career-radio-checker
Retired AF Guy
Trinity
Rice
Sig_Des
Good2Golf
Exacecr
Brihard

"Maybe"

Journeyman
Bobby Rico
Danjanou
HoM
Bruce Monkhouse
Miss J (and friend)
TMM

Something tells me people did (or didn't) use the vote buttons..... ::)

It's raining buckets right now but is looking to be nice weather for the weekend. http://www.theweathernetwork.com/weather/CAON0349

Again, the booking is under my name (Maureen), timing 1930 (or whenever you want) and looking forward to seeing you all!!  :cheers:

Moe
Thanks for working everything out...it'll be a lot of fun!
I believe villecour also said he would be there in one of the posts.
Can't wait to see you & meet the other faces behind the "names".
D2

note to Danjanou: there's still room in the vehicle for you if 9D approves

D Squared said:
I believe villecour also said he would be there in one of the posts.

Yep, you are so right!  I had him on the list!!  ::)

If a sitter can be found, Mrs Wook would also like to make an appearance, but that's still not confirmed (darn teenagers and their social activities!)

Wook

Certainly not a problem, Wook!!  :)

I'm SO glad I have tomorrow off work to rest up!!  ;D

One more sleep...
Overnight bag is ready:

Pyjamas - check
Army.ca and Milnet.ca coin(s) - check
Little gifties (a D2 tradition) - check
CF Wannabe pin - check

See you tomorrow !!!!

D Squared said:
Pyjamas - check
Army.ca and Milnet.ca coin(s) - check
Little gifties (a D2 tradition) - check
CF Wannabe pin - check

Alcohol - CHECK!!!  ;D

Officially not attending, sorry people reasons are:

A) I have company, and yes this compnay is much better then all of you put together!  ;)
B) I am pretty sure I broke a bone in my foot yesterday and I should probably get it checked out (though it's highly likely I will wait till work on Monday)
C) cash flow is 0 and no no matter how many times I do the math I can't find an equation to make 0 equal to anything other then 0 ( that's not true I can easily make it negative but that still doesn't help!)

You all have a damn good time!

Must be good company!!  ;)

We'll hoist one for ya, HoM!!  :cheers:

Sheesh. I thought it was last night! Hahaha. That is what I get for not being on the site until last night since the wee hours of Wednesday.

Good thing you didn't book a flight, Mike.  You would've been here on the wrong day!!  ;)

Folks,

I regret to say I'll be joining HoM in not joining the shindig tonight. Plans outside my control have changed and I'm going to have to bail. :( Have a great time and post some pics if you can!

Cheers
Mike

Jush got bak and everyone sims to be halfing fun. Lotz of peeeple didn't show up but intelligent discourse was the norm. Seriously, a good time is being had by all and wish I could have stayed longer. Cheers all.

Exarecr said:
Jush got bak and everyone sims to be halfing fun. Lotz of peeeple didn't show up but intelligent discourse was the norm. Seriously, a good time is being had by all and wish I could have stayed longer. Cheers all.

Great to hear! Cheers to all of our friends that are gathering in Kingston this 'eve. I'm currently relaxing with a nice glass of rose wine and listening to some music ;D

~Rebecca (raises her glass to all, near and far)