• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Question on unit Pt gear

Not very sharp for a WO to be saying trash like this.  Besides, Poko, you are given a Clothing Upkeep Allowance every month and it is Tax Free.  It is for clothing purchases and the upkeep of your clothing.......not an extra slush fund to buy beer with (or anything else).

I guess your comment only applies to the Reg force, we in the Reserves do not get a clothing allowance. I didn't see any specific reference in the posts thus far stating this was just a Regular type issue.

Awww, the joys of being in the regular force and having a clothing allowance.

Sharp WO

My unit does have an initial issue of one Regt PT shirt, for the rest of the kit it is optional but now no one has an excuse for not being in Regt kit for PT and sports events.

E45

Chimo!

GerryCan said:
Franko said it best:

Have some pride in your unit and support your kitshop.

Thats a much better alternative to wearing the original issued PT gear...ugh.

tuesday morning PT if you're not on advance party lets show up with our grey slacks on! the lady killers!
Greg

Poko

Its better to ask your chain of command for what PT dress required.  Depending on the unit
and its respective ROs, it could be anything. 

Some units on my base wear their own t-shirts, others its any t-shirt and shorts as
long as it meets the gym's safety/dress regs, or dress as ordered by the WO (usually marches). 
The BMQ issued PT wear is standard kit and should be good to go until you get sorted out.

SHARP WO said:
I guess your comment only applies to the Reg force, we in the Reserves do not get a clothing allowance. I didn't see any specific reference in the posts thus far stating this was just a Regular type issue.

Awww, the joys of being in the regular force and having a clothing allowance.

Sharp WO

You could always transfer to regs.......or get out if you don't like it !

First of all i like to thank all of you for your answers. I understand unit pride and i do have that pride also that I bought and wear the pt gear of my Unit.
Now as of  the clothing and upkeep allowance

Clothing Upkeep Allowance. After completion of one year's service, officers and NCM of the Regular Force shall be paid a CUA to enable them to maintain their Permanent Allotment Kit.
ALM-007,CFSS Procedures, Chapter.3, Sec 1, Para 300, Sub- Para-7

An initial free issue of the permanent kit is made to Regular Force personnel on enlistment. After 12 months, a monthly CUA is credited to the individual's pay records for maintenance of permanent kit items. CUA is authorized by Compensation and Benefit Instruction (CBI) 205 .54, Clothing Upkeep Allowance and is applicable to personnel detailed therein.
ALM-007,CFSS  Procedures, Chapter. 3, Sec 2, Para 310, Sub-Para A
That is the only thing your CUD  should be used for!!

:warstory:

Hey Buddy

Thanks for your PM.   If you will note your own quote, the Clothing Upkeep Allowance is for the upkeep of your clothing.   AS I SAID,
you are given a Clothing Upkeep Allowance every month and it is Tax Free.   It is for clothing purchases and the upkeep of your clothing.......not an extra slush fund to buy beer with (or anything else).

You were issued PT Gear at Recruit School, now you have to buy it.  As the PT Gear in Recruit School is for the Recruit School or Generic, your new unit may want you buying their PT Gear. Clothing Up Keep Allowance is for the purchase and upkeep of your uniforms.   PT Kit can be considered a uniform dress.   So CYA and buy your units kit.   Just as you quote in your post.

GW

poko said:
First of all i like to thank all of you for your answers. I understand unit pride and i do have that pride also that I bought and wear the pt gear of my Unit.
Now as of the clothing and upkeep allowance

Clothing Upkeep Allowance. After completion of one year's service, officers and NCM of the Regular Force shall be paid a CUA to enable them to maintain their Permanent Allotment Kit.
ALM-007,CFSS Procedures, Chapter.3, Sec 1, Para 300, Sub- Para-7

An initial free issue of the permanent kit is made to Regular Force personnel on enlistment. After 12 months, a monthly CUA is credited to the individual's pay records for maintenance of permanent kit items. CUA is authorized by Compensation and Benefit Instruction (CBI) 205 .54, Clothing Upkeep Allowance and is applicable to personnel detailed therein.
ALM-007,CFSS Procedures, Chapter. 3, Sec 2, Para 310, Sub-Para A
That is the only thing your CUD should be used for!!

:warstory:

Back