• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

PEIR

Its nice to see that.  I think the last time we sent that many folks over at once was the 2VP Bosnia tour in winter '93. 

:salute:

dapaterson said:
Taken from The Province, 09 Jan 07

The send-off is being hosted by the Honourable Pats Binns, Premiere of Prince Edward Island. Further details are as follows for those who would wish to attend (family & friends of deploying personnel are invited):

Wed 10 January @ 1900hrs, Georgian Room, Rodd Charlottetown Hotel, 75 Kent St, Charlottetown, PEI

And tonight was the PEI Rockets "We Support Our Troops" Hockey game against the Cape Breton Screaming Eagles. CO PEIR dropped the puck with assitance from yours truley amongst the COs of the other Island Res F Units. It was nice to see the troops from the PEIR & 721 Comm who are deploying making it back from Gagetown for the game and they were all honoured on centre ice. The stands were filled with a sea of red and yellow.

Final: PEI: 3 - Cape Breton: 1  ;D

Reproduced under the fairdealings provisions....

Islanders Pack Civic Centre to Honour Troops 
P.E.I. Rocket host Red Friday event with moving ceremony

NIGEL ARMSTRONG
The Guardian

Islanders packed into the Charlottetown Civic Centre Friday night for the Red Friday Support Our Troops hockey game and a moving tribute to soldiers serving in Afghanistan.
Piper Terry Hunter played Amazing Grace at centre ice as images of soldiers from across Canada who have been killed in Afghanistan were projected onto the ice surface.
Cpl. Paul Butler stepped forward to play the Last Post followed by Reveille as the audience observed a moment of silence.
Then the mood changed from somber to an outpouring of emotional pride as most of the 17 Islanders about to be deployed to Afghanistan were brought on to the ice and introduced to thunderous applause filling the arena.
Rocket announcer Kirk MacKinnon, on behalf of the officials on the ice, told the audience that defence chief General Rick Hillier was not able to attend as hoped by organizers.
“General Hillier sends his regrets and would like to thank all Islanders for their continued support our CF personnel and most importantly their families that await their safe return home” said MacKinnon.
Lt. Col. Glen Moriarity representing the Prince Edward Island Regiment, flanked by other commanding officers on P.E.I. dropped the puck on behalf of Hillier.
As the troops left the ice, the Old Abby horn gave a blast of salute and everyone was on their feet for a standing ovation.
The ceremony and the game was broadcast live to Canadian troops in Afghanistan.
“That was great,” said Tyler Coady of Charlottetown who will be off to Afghanistan in a few weeks “It’s awesome to see friends and family come out to support us. Just to know people support you, it’s huge.”

http://www.theguardian.pe.ca/

http://www.peirocket.com/

Coyote43D said:
Mike Cullen is in regimental transport here in Pet.

Already been pointed out.      ;)

Regards

The Librarian said:
And tonight was the PEI Rockets "We Support Our Troops" Hockey game against the Cape Breton Screaming Eagles. CO PEIR dropped the puck with assitance from yours truley amongst the COs of the other Island Res F Units. It was nice to see the troops from the PEIR & 721 Comm who are deploying making it back from Gagetown for the game and they were all honoured on centre ice. The stands were filled with a sea of red and yellow.

Final: PEI: 3 - Cape Breton: 1   ;D

Wish I had of been there.  :salute:

CWO Gary Sherran, for those of you who know him, will be retiring shortly.

He served with the PEIR as Armd Recce, then enjoyed a Reg F career as an Infanteer. He then CTd back to the ResF and returned to the PEIR. He is now reitiring for good and will be recognized with a function here in Feb.

If any of you out there are interested in passing along wishs and thoughts for his retirement, feel free to PM me for my e-mail address and I will further along your messages.

Vern

I remember when the RSM first came to The Regiment as SSM D Sqn.

He has a twin brother, who was a Cpl and was in Admin Tp.

One time, the Cpl was supposed to have the Wpns vault open for Stables.  He was alittle late, and when I saw "Cpl Sherren", it was actually the SSM.

So from a short distance away, I stood there, looked at him and said "Are you gonna open up that f$$kin' wpns vault this century or what?" or words to that effect.  I think it is safe to say that my face was one he remembered after that....

I was alittle more careful after that, ensuring I checked capbadges and did the "SSM or Cpl" verification. 

Ran into Timmy Scants on the ice at IRONSIDES. Our teams were playing each other, and we had one of those "Hey, aren't you...?" moments.

Followed of course by a series of dead soldiers back in the shacks that night.

He went back to school, crossed the wall, and is now a Tp Ldr with D Sqn RCD - good on him!

And he married Nancy M! They have twins!

He hasn't changed much; he's the ringleader of that band of subbies.

DG

Better late then never been on course and havn't had time to post this , FYI Gramps is now a papa to a little Girl

Congrats Gramps

sigtech said:
Better late then never been on course and havn't had time to post this , FYI Gramps is now a papa to a little Girl

Congrats Gramps

Roger that, he emailed me shortly after...

:cheers: Gramps!

Thanks for the well wishes. She is doing great and rarely sleeps. Cheers.

Gramps said:
Thanks for the well wishes. She is doing great and rarely sleeps. Cheers.

Sounds like she is ready for the BTS for Op occupations then  :)

Mud Recce Man said:
I have seen C/S Jamer like that on a Sqn adv before  ;D
Now theres a name I have not heard in a dogs age. Is he still around B Sqn?

Gramps said:
Now theres a name I have not heard in a dogs age. Is he still around B Sqn?

As far as I know, yup.  Working full time as an industrial electrician for Cavendish Farms...has been busy with work lots I hear and not been on a tasking for years now...

Meh most members from Summerside aren't in to do takings, they are mostly there for the mess at the B Sqn Armours

Back