• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Parachutist wings from cadets on my PRes or RegF uniform

• Thread starter silentseaforthsoldier
  • Start date
Getting your wings means you have the right stuff, not that you are the right stuff, many people who did get their wings did not pass the Maroon beret course and did not get a chance to join the Airborne Regiment, and many members of the Airborne did not pass the Pathfinders course, one of the most gruelling courses the Armed forces has and did not mean they where not tough. Today many men who have their wings do not pass the JTF2 screening.

If you are a cadet and want your wings then go for it, there only difference is red leaf did not serve in a jump regiment or company and white leaf did, but you will get the respect from everyone who has wings.

When you have your wings wear them with pride because it shows that you have the right stuff in you, it does not guaranty you are the right stuff but have the potential. And in the same right not having your wings does not mean you are not a good soldier.

Originally posted by Matt0304:
[qb] 1 man, 1...just barely.

Yeah, Potter only had CL this summer too. I dno how that works. [/qb]
Scores on NSCE would determine that, if you go to Para or not.

Getting your wings means you have the right stuff, not that you are the right stuff, many people who did get their wings did not pass the Maroon beret course and did not get a chance to join the Airborne Regiment, and many members of the Airborne did not pass the Pathfinders course, one of the most gruelling courses the Armed forces has and did not mean they where not tough. Today many men who have their wings do not pass the JTF2 screening.

If you are a cadet and want your wings then go for it, there only difference is red leaf did not serve in a jump regiment or company and white leaf did, but you will get the respect from everyone who has wings.

When you have your wings wear them with pride because it shows that you have the right stuff in you, it does not guaranty you are the right stuff but have the potential. And in the same right not having your wings does not mean you are not a good soldier.

I posted this in a other area and posted it here as well, all I can say is go for it, I respect eveyone who has wings does not matter from what country or how he received them, wear them with pride and dont take **** from anyone.

It was my goal to get Para Wings but I had a knee surgery which unable me to jump. So I turned blue to get wings of a different type .

*Note I was applying for cadets only have CL in my other post.

I would agree with all that was said here. Its the only (CDN)ARMY Course that is still offerd to Army Cadets,Thats why they want it so bad.

Did Air Cadets ever take Para at any time?

If so , when?

I hope not. We are supose learn how to fly not jump out of planes.

Originally posted by Cadet810:
Did Air Cadets ever take Para at any time?

If so , when?

I hope not. We are supose learn how to fly not jump out of planes.
Not to my knowledge. I believe parachute training has always been the army‘s responsibility, although I wouldn‘t be surprised to learn that RCAF NCOs trained at the RAF jump school during WW2. Maybe Danjanou or Dorosh would know?

Air cadets wanting to jump will have to do what I did -- go to camp as a staff cadet, save your pennies, and then just go to the nearest drop zone without telling your mama. Once you‘re 18 you don‘t need parental supervision.

Just be prepared for the sh!t to hit the fan when you get home with your fancy new first jump certificate! :mad:

Yes , that would work.

I am sick of hearing Air Cadets complain about it.

i had an air cic officer tell me that he did his course this summer with the cadets.. he said he didn‘t have to do any of the pt and just had to study, then they let him jump. he said he got to do 15 jumps.. B/S..... i cant believe how he even said that.. and if it is true and you know something about it.. please let me know... LOL

The Air Cadets did have a jump course called Para Rescue Back in the late 70s and early 80s. I know of one CIC officer that has the wings.they are a little different. They dont make them anymore so now he uses the cherry wings.

Originally posted by hopefully airborne soon:
[qb] i had an air cic officer tell me that he did his course this summer with the cadets.. he said he didn‘t have to do any of the pt and just had to study, then they let him jump. he said he got to do 15 jumps.. B/S..... i cant believe how he even said that.. and if it is true and you know something about it.. please let me know... LOL [/qb]
BS!!! First of all, if you don‘t do the PT, you are not on the course. Second, the largest number of jumps I have seen done on a J-stage is 9.

Originally posted by hopefully airborne soon:
[qb] he said he didn‘t have to do any of the pt and just had to study, then they let him jump. he said he got to do 15 jumps.. [/qb]
I think he must have been confused, I never heard of a course doing more than 9 jumps, most or almost all are 8. And as far as the PT goes I find that hard to believe, I think he took a civilian course through the military, you can take tyhe course through most base clubs but that does not entitle you to wear the wings.

Okay, lets set some things strait....

1. Air cadets cannot do the course, it requires NSCE to get on it. This is not offered in air cadets (I love the idea of a pararescue course!).

2.Alot of people will lie about being airborne. Example: an "aquaintence" of mine told me he did his mock tower training in Borden...please. 15 jumps on a J-stage is the same type of BS.

3.It was the best summer of my life. If I had gone to Germany (and realized what I missed out on) I would have regretted it. Take the course if you can get it.

4. Those who haven‘t done the course think that its different. Its not. Its the same course, same instructors, and same standards, no exceptions No exceptions. No exceptions. Enough said?

(we did our course with a group primarily 3rd Royal 22nd, who are deploying to ASTAN and were on thaty "Truth Duty Valour" show).

5. Your wings instill a sense of pride. If you allow yourself to become lazy and huge, you‘ve failed your wings. We won‘t fail our wings, they mean more than: "I jumped out of a plane". It takes a certain type of person to do the course (thats why 1/3 failed). If you don‘t have them, you couldn‘t possibly know, so don‘t bother commenting on the validity of that statement.

6. Alot of people can‘t get on jump courses, so remember that when you read posts from ignorant (sorry, but its true) reservists (not all, of course). Remind yourself of their motivations for saying what they do.

7. Military Parachutists, yes. Paratroopers, no. I agree.

8. Airborne, yes. Airborne, yes. No one can say otherwise...so don‘t waste your breath east (or anyone else for that matter). Don‘t bother.

Originally posted by East Side Soprano:

[qb] People assigned to logistics units can do the para course...airborne Quartermaster!!! Hooo-aahhh!!! Hardly seems all that hardcore. [/qb]
Yeah, go tell that to a rigger, they‘re Loggies, huge, and mainly ex CAR...see who wins that fight...

Know the facts before you comment. Make informed opinions and you won‘t look like ______________.

Figure it out.

You can go to this web sight http://www.commando.org

It is a Canadian sight about the Canadian Airborne Regiment. The forums are very interesting and full of information. Past members of the Airborne and current members of the jump company‘s post here. You can also ask questions to people who taught the course or took the course.

Run, Run, Run, you will be thrown out of bed at 5 am and PT starts at 5.30, where you will run from at least 5-10 km with push-ups and sit-ups and all other kinds of pain in between. Push-ups will be the biggest part of daily life.

Any Air Cadet that tells you they did the Para course is pulling your leg, unless for some reason they were an NCSE Army Cadet that did it, and switched elements - kind of unlikely, I‘d bet.

As for Air CIC... stranger things have happened, but I‘m sure there is no shortage of deserving Army CIC dying to take the course.

Get in touch with Maj Serge Eric Boudreau. If you are a 2Lt in the CIC, as you say you are, then you have access to the DIN. He has been an instructor on the Para course for the past few years. He should be able to help. Tell him Franko in the gilly suit sent you. He‘ll know what you mean. Or just e-mail me. I‘ll send it his way.

Cheers :salute:

I don‘t know about the 2Lt, but I know I sure haven‘t had the pleasure of accessing the DIN. Just CadetNet :(

Back