• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Officer occupations – Which one should I choose?

krimynal said:
this is an old post , but I was wondering , as far as the program goes , is there a certain list of University Programs that YOU NEED to do if you want to have access to this ?

The question is :`What if I wanted to do a Degree as a teacher? eventhought this is not going to lead me to any distinctive job in the Canadian Forces.  Would the CF still accept this as a choice of degree? Or do I have to do a degree in let's say administration or something more distinct towards the job you want to do as an Officer?

( I'm looking through the site right now , I've seen numerous post about which program to use to switch , but no one really ask about which degree you need to select )

can this post be moved to this forum : http://air-force.ca/forums/threads/171/post-576.html#msg576

thought it was the right merged one , didn't see it was in the application process forum

krimynal said:
this is an old post , but I was wondering , as far as the program goes , is there a certain list of University Programs that YOU NEED to do if you want to have access to this ?

The question is :`What if I wanted to do a Degree as a teacher? eventhought this is not going to lead me to any distinctive job in the Canadian Forces.  Would the CF still accept this as a choice of degree? Or do I have to do a degree in let's say administration or something more distinct towards the job you want to do as an Officer?

( I'm looking through the site right now , I've seen numerous post about which program to use to switch , but no one really ask about which degree you need to select )

Every Officer trade has certain degree requirements IE a person with an Arts degree is not able to apply for electrical mechanical engineering officer.

There is a site on the DWAN which lists all acceptable degree paths for each occupation.

yeah I know that , but the question was meant more towards the fact that knowing how these programs in particular are REALLY hard to get to , and the spots are REALLY limited.  If one would one to try to become Pilot / Aerospace Control Officer or Air combat system Officer. 

Technically speaking , a degree as a Teacher would not do anything in these specific trades.  At the very least, a degree in administration would benefit more.  So would the CF look at my degrees choices as a "Bad Investment" and decide to pay for someone that chose a degree aim towards the occupation he decided to apply for?

Or that wouldn't change anything in the selection process ?

is it okay if I copy paste my question in the "NCM to OFFICER mega thread" ? feels like it belongs there more than in this forum post !

Krimynal you should see if you can speak to a BPSO. They will have the best and up to date info for the questions you have.

not completely sure with the term BPSO , I'm currently in a CT to NCM Reg Force, But I'm still looking at different options for "down the road" decisions.  I want to start night school and try to get a degree out of it but I figured I was gonna ask around here since we have a lot of people that have WAY MORE experience about the system than I do !

but yeah I'll try to get a hold of a BPSO ( once I find out exactly what BPSO is ) lol

Base Personnel Selection Officer. Giving info on career options like that is part of the job description.

krimynal said:
yeah I know that , but the question was meant more towards the fact that knowing how these programs in particular are REALLY hard to get to , and the spots are REALLY limited.  If one would one to try to become Pilot / Aerospace Control Officer or Air combat system Officer. 

Technically speaking , a degree as a Teacher would not do anything in these specific trades.  At the very least, a degree in administration would benefit more.  So would the CF look at my degrees choices as a "Bad Investment" and decide to pay for someone that chose a degree aim towards the occupation he decided to apply for?

Or that wouldn't change anything in the selection process ?
When you apply to utpncm and you have a degree but not appropriate for the trade there is a waiver that needs to be signed.....how that affects the app, im not sure.
Def have a chat with a BPSO!

I have started this process a long time ago it seems, partially due to the fact of having long gaps in-between various aspects of the recruiting process. Just a quick timeline of everything;

Choice 1: Avionics Systems Tech
Choice 2: Aerospace Control Op
Choice 3: Air Weapons Systems Tech

Applied Online: Sep 26th, 2013
First Contact: Oct 4th, 2013
Supporting Paperwork: Oct 15th, 2013
CFAT & TSD: Dec 4th, 2013 (Passed and qualified for all trade choices)
Interview: Jan 14th, 2014
Medical: Nov 19th, 2014...Handed in Supporting Paperwork Nov 28th, 2014 (Visual, Heart Test *not sure of the name of the test* and blood work)

I gave them a call on Jan 20th, 2015 to see if everything was okay and I didn't require anything else for my medical. They pulled up my file and I was told that my medical was in Ottawa at this time. They were just waiting for it to come back to start background checks. He said the next call I should get from them is a job offer.

May sound like two silly questions, but they have been on my mind for a week or so.
1. Was my medical sent to Ottawa because of my trade choices?
2. My interview has expired, so would they still be going ahead with everything else despite that? Or once everything else is settled they will bring me in to update it?

Thank you for all your help,

River  :) :cdn:

Hey guys I'm hoping to apply In April, for a reserve unit for infantry. If anyone has anything about joining, pay anything at all would be great thank you.

like I said in the other forum where you posted the same EXACT question , learn to use the search function.

You also need to read the rules , since spamming the board isn't allowed , trust me you are starting on the wrong foot right now .....

Pay attention to what krimynal said, nickbond1266. He is correct on both counts. Thou shalt not ask the same question in multiple places.

Hey I did my aptitude test on the 28th of July, I got told i got the position I wanted, waiting for my phone call to go in for medical exam, what happens after that and when should I be sent for training?

Hewittknewit said:
Hey I did my aptitude test on the 28th of July, I got told i got the position I wanted, waiting for my phone call to go in for medical exam, what happens after that and when should I be sent for training?

Well... I would strongly suggest you seek out MY friend - the "search" feature. Honestly, there are no solid answers to your question. Read other applicants rants and raves and see if that placates you.

Also, one doesn't "get" told, one "is" told... Punctuation will be your friend in the CAF. BTW - what was the "trade" (not position) you were accepted for?

HI,

Wondering if anyone could answer a couple questions for me. I have applied about a week ago for the army reg force and am very eager, though I'm sure this may be a relatively long process. Hope for the best

- I was in the reserves a couple years ago and completed bmq and sq, and later voluntarily released throughout the school year as I was accepted into a coop program in university placing me on summer workterms and limiting my ability to complete any trade courses as a combat engineer. Will re applying into the reg force be an issue at all?

- I got in the reserves a couple years ago, will getting into the reg force be the same? As in I.should have no problem meeting the criteria again?

- I applied for three trades. Electrical generator technician (in demand), electrical distribution tech, and combat engineer. I currently work.civilian as a electrician. Since only one of my trades are in demand, and the other two I don't even know if they're hiring at the moment , should I.not.get accepted for my first choice, will my application simply be closed?

I am really interested in getting back into the military, I've forever regretted not going reg at forst and staying with it, and also regretted quitting the reserves in the first place. I grew up in the cadet program and stayed working with them after I released for.another couple years as a cic officer voluntaring. I am now 25 and want to do my full 25 years before.mandatory retirement, am I looking at a long application time to the time I may end up on bmq?

Gsc023 said:
am I looking at a long application time to the time I may end up on bmq?

This may help,

TIMINGS - ESTIMATED TIMES FOR_______________ 
http://army.ca/forums/threads/81054.0

Thank you

Anyone else have insist regarding my other concerns?

I submitted my application to the CAF last week and received my email saying I am accepted for further processing. I am now waiting on an appointment for my interview/medical. I already completed the aptitude testwith prior experience in the reserves and will not have to write again.

Does getting accepted for further processing mean the trades, or some of the ones I applied for are open? And am I being considered already for one of these positions pending my results from screening/medical/interview (which I never had a problem with 5 years ago)?

Thanks

Back