• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

October 2009 BMQ

Hey guys,

I'm starting October 5th(English) and flying in from Toronto the day before that. I'm going for armoured crewman after BMQ. Hope to see you there!

Salut tout le monde, si vous aller au BMQ pour le 5 Octobre, nous avons un froupe sur facebook. Ceci est pour le "platoon" peloton francais!!! J'espere de vous voir dans notre groupe. Voici le lien:
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/group.php?gid=121582572054

Arthur.K.ogichidaa said:
Update:

My file manager is back early and I just got off the phone with him. Swearing in on 01/10/2009 DET London and then BMQ 19/10/2009.

I'm swearing in on the same date in London so I guess I'll see you there. 

Why am I so worried?
Most of the people that are from Montreal have already been sworn in...mine is only on the 23rd and I am starting October 5th. Should I be worried? I will call them tomorrow just to make sure I am really going crazy  :-\

Miss.Meteo said:
Why am I so worried?
Most of the people that are from Montreal have already been sworn in...mine is only on the 23rd and I am starting October 5th. Should I be worried? I will call them tomorrow just to make sure I am really going crazy  :-\

I have a shorter gap between my swearing in ceremony and my BMQ start dates than you , AND i'm on the other side of the country. They aren't just throwing random numbers at us. Everything will work out accordingly, relax :)

Thank youuu  :) I thought so too..it's just I will have less time to pack and all that nice stuff.

Do we write our autobiography before?

October 19th as well here. Looks like there are a few of us so far. Looking forward to, after some hard word, becoming a member of the Combat Engineers!

Cheers, and I'm excited to meet you folks at BMQ.

Miss.Meteo said:
Thank youuu  :) I thought so too..it's just I will have less time to pack and all that nice stuff.

If you want a head start on things go here: http://www.cflrs.forces.gc.ca/menu/pd/ir-ji/index-eng.asp#Ad

It has a kit list of what to bring and all kinds of information, and yes it says to practice the autobiography beforehand.

Miss.Meteo said:
Why am I so worried?

I swear in on the 30th of September, then I am off on the morning of October 4th. I wouldn't worry about it. Like Ako mentioned, just check out the CFLRS website to get the heads up before your swearing in.

Miss.Meteo said:
it's just I will have less time to pack and all that nice stuff.

There is 11 days between your swearing-in ceremony and you course start date. How much time do you need to pack ?

Fatalize said:
I haven't kept up with the times, I don't have a facebook/myspace/twitter/AIM etc

That's fine. You'll be less of a security risk.

Baden  Guy said:
Miss your morning coffee CA !

In truth, I'd had the same thought as him.

But then, I have seen the enormous plastic tubs/baskets of hair and other products that a few women lugged to the shower shacks in KAF. . .

Miss.Meteo said:

Or you could pack BEFORE you're swear in date......crazy I know.

And be thankful you have 11 days rather than complain about it.  When I joined a few years back I got a call on Tuesday asking if I was busy Saturday.  When I said no the guy said excellent because we are flying you out for BMQ.  I swore in the next day.

I had been waiting months for the call so I was kind of caught off-guard.  I had Three days to get everything in order from the day I was given an offer to the day I was on the plane to BMQ.

CDN Aviator said:
There is 11 days between your swearing-in ceremony and you course start date. How much time do you need to pack ?

Well...I am a girl  ;) ! Hehe. I guess I like stuff packed in advance? I know I am quite lucky to have a few days I wasn't really complaining it was more of me being a bit worried. But seeing some of you didn't have that much time I feel better thank you. It just kind of clicked it that maybe it was because I live in st-jean so I don't have to get any plane tickets and stuff. I'm a nervous wreck!

But thanks Arthur K. for the link ! Really interesting.

[quote author=Miss.Meteo]
[/quote]

From the CF Facebook group discussion:

The CFLRS Joining Instructions found online at http://www.cflrs.forces.gc.ca/menu/pd/ir-ji/index-eng.asp

In the section titled: Documents to Bring/Arrival Procedures, item G it states, "Autobiography: All candidates must also write their autobiography. We strongly recommend that you do so before reporting to CFLRS (Annex F). "

Simply put you are not required to do a Bio ahead of time. Consider this though, you have time now to start writting a Bio and get it to fit the format shown in Annex F. If you wait until your course, the Bio be one more challenge to complete among the other things you will be expected to do.

Back