• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMQ intake intake times?

CivJuniorProgrammer

Reaction score
Hey everyone! Just wondering if anyone could tell me if there are particular intake dates for BMQ per year or does it just depend on body counts for eligible candidates and could happen anytime of year?

I'm at the point in my recruiting process where I'm just waiting for my security clearance to come back and to be put on a competition list, then after that is BMQ. So any info on BMQ dates would be great as I can't find anything online about it.

Hey everyone! Just wondering if anyone could tell me if there are particular intake dates for BMQ per year or does it just depend on body counts for eligible candidates and could happen anytime of year?

I'm at the point in my recruiting process where I'm just waiting for my security clearance to come back and to be put on a competition list, then after that is BMQ. So any info on BMQ dates would be great as I can't find anything online about it.
after your security clearance comes back you are not guaranteed to be put on the competition list.
If you get put on the competition list, you are still not guaranteed of getting an offer. For Reg F BMQ occurs every week of the calendar year, with a pause for 3-4 weeks at Christmas.

Could you elaborate a little more on why I wouldn't be guaranteed an offer or not guaranteed to be on a competition list?

Could you elaborate a little more on why I wouldn't be guaranteed an offer or not guaranteed to be on a competition list?
The only two reason you're not guranteed to be on a competition list I can think of is if they deemed you medically unfit or your background history in the past 5 years have some problems that CAF discovered and you didn't disclose them those information during your interview. It's best that you contact your recruiter monthly about your security clearance process and they'll tell you if you're good or not. But I think you'll be fine getting on the competition list.

However, even if you do get on the competition list, you still won't be guranteed an offer since you're not the only one applying for the designated trade you've picked. There are other applicants along with you competing for the amount of spots avaliable, either nationally if going regular or locally for reserves, and they picked the best applicants to fill those spots in. Your CFAT score is mostly the main factor of how competitive you are compared to other applicants' scores, and some of them may out compete you if they have a better score and better behaviour/personality during the interview. It all depends on how competitve your trade is, and how many applicants they accepted.

The only two reason you're not guranteed to be on a competition list I can think of is if they deemed you medically unfit or your background history in the past 5 years have some problems that CAF discovered and you didn't disclose them those information during your interview. It's best that you contact your recruiter monthly about your security clearance process and they'll tell you if you're good or not. But I think you'll be fine getting on the competition list.

However, even if you do get on the competition list, you still won't be guranteed an offer since you're not the only one applying for the designated trade you've picked. There are other applicants along with you competing for the amount of spots avaliable, either nationally if going regular or locally for reserves, and they picked the best applicants to fill those spots in. Your CFAT score is mostly the main factor of how competitive you are compared to other applicants' scores, and some of them may out compete you if they have a better score and better behaviour/personality during the interview. It all depends on how competitve your trade is, and how many applicants they accepted.
Thank you for clarifying! :) I was told by my career counselor my medical looks great and was initially approved by someone higher up its just waiting for final approval with someone even higher on the command chain and with my background I was completely honest and upfront so hopefully that will be processed soon. She did mentioned it'll only take 10 to 12 days apparently to come back and I'm skeptical of the time frame but everything else with this process has been moving so quickly so I figured it won't be that long.

As for the competition list I was told I did extremely well on my CFAT for my chosen occupations ( don't know if thats true or not haha) and I also have a software development background and I'm going in for Information Systems Technician so I'm hoping that will give me a little edge on the competition at the very least!

Thank you for clarifying! :) I was told by my career counselor my medical looks great and was initially approved by someone higher up its just waiting for final approval with someone even higher on the command chain and with my background I was completely honest and upfront so hopefully that will be processed soon. She did mentioned it'll only take 10 to 12 days apparently to come back and I'm skeptical of the time frame but everything else with this process has been moving so quickly so I figured it won't be that long.

As for the competition list I was told I did extremely well on my CFAT for my chosen occupations ( don't know if thats true or not haha) and I also have a software development background and I'm going in for Information Systems Technician so I'm hoping that will give me a little edge on the competition at the very least!
Yeah, you'll be fine if your recruiter said you did really well on your CFAT. It's just a matter of playing the waiting game from here on out.

Back