• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Next selection board June 9?

A little update:

I just got off the phone with my recruiting officer. He told me that RMS is taking skilled or semi-skilled only. Perhaps this is what was meant by your other respective recruiters saying the trade is closed, cause technically it is.

My file went in as semi-skilled and a suggestion to look at a RSBP on it. Even then, my chances of getting accepted are really only average as a fair deal of the other applicants are people remustering to RMS from other trades and will thus get first dibs.

He told me the Supply board just sat again as well. I asked him to me put down for Supply as my 2nd choice in case I don't make RMS as they are taking a pretty healthy dose of supply techs this year.

For those of you applying to RMS who aren't skilled/semi-skilled, you may want to call your recruiter and ask them about what I was told today to see what they say, and you may want to begin talking about your 2nd and 3rd choices.

I was told I would hear back any RMS offers within 3 weeks (which as usual I'm taking with a grain of salt).

I just got off the phone with my recruiter. She suggested that I add a 2nd and 3rd choice for MOC's as I had originally only applied for RMS. She advised me that my chances of getting selected for RMS as a new recruit are pretty much non-existent at this point in time, since there are people that are remustering to these trades at the moment and entering as Skilled or Semi Skilled.

I have done some thinking and searching through the available trades these past few days, and I have decided to select 737 Medical Technician as my 2nd choice. I have always been interested in this field of work, and took sciences in high school. The recruiter told me that they are looking for quite a few med techs so hopefully I will get selected for this trade soon.

and took sciences in high school

High School Diploma with Grade 12 Biology and one Grade 12 Science (Chemistry or Physics) right?

High School Diploma with Grade 12 Biology and one Grade 12 Science (Chemistry or Physics) right?

I have a High School Diploma with Biology 30 and Chemistry 30. Do I need to have high marks in these courses? Are they looking for a certain grade like College's do?

I will assume that 30 is Alberta speak for grade 12 level?

Not at the selection level only at the initial assessment for suitability/competitiveness level at the CFRC/Ds.

Sorry, I always forget that "30" is not how grade 12 is represented in other Provinces. Thanks for the info!

First off, thanks to kincanucks and everyone else for all the great info.

I submitted my applications to the Mississauga office on May 4th. The recruiter said that there's a review board once per week. He said i'd hear in just over one week. If Positive, file would be sent back to Mississauga, and they contact me, if negative, the toronto office will send out a letter.

From these threads, i've learned that i need to become patient. But just a question... are the board held weekly or monthly? and is selection board (before interview and medical and fitness test) same as the "merit board" some refer to on the site?

Anyone have any info about AVN Tech. I know it was supposed to be high demand.

Thanks

dk said:
First off, thanks to kincanucks and everyone else for all the great info.

I submitted my applications to the Mississauga office on May 4th. The recruiter said that there's a review board once per week. He said i'd hear in just over one week. If Positive, file would be sent back to Mississauga, and they contact me, if negative, the toronto office will send out a letter.

From these threads, i've learned that i need to become patient. But just a question... are the board held weekly or monthly? and is selection board (before interview and medical and fitness test) same as the "merit board" some refer to on the site?

Anyone have any info about AVN Tech. I know it was supposed to be high demand.

Thanks

This was on the first page of this thread!!

NCM Selection Board dates:

28 Mar 05, 9 May 05, 13 Jun 05, 18 Jul 05, 5 Sep 05, 17 Oct 05, 28 Nov 05, 9 Jan 06, 20 Feb 06, 3 Apr 06, 15 May 06, 26 Jun 06, 31 Jul 06.

Selection board is where merit listed applicants are boarded and selected of not selected.  You must be fully processed before you can be merit listed.

I am assuming that the review board your recruiter is referring to is the internal board the CFRC has to assess the competitiveness of the applications they have received.  Remember it is your right to apply but not your right to be processed.

SeanPaul_031 said:
eh what is RMS out of ??? curiosty

Resource Management Support Clerks (RMS Clk) provide administrative financial support to all military activities. This career field is one of the largest in the military. Consequently, it offers a wide scope of employment opportunities in a variety of environments.

Human resource administration and services

Financial management support services

Personnel support services

Corporate and general purpose administration

http://www.recruiting.forces.ca/engraph/army/jobs_e.aspx

I'm just wondering if anyone has heard anything new about the May 9 selection? It's only been 19 days but it just feels so long when your waiting :-\

hey I didn't recieve an offer from Mar 28th selection yet, and I was selected. So be patient you might still be waiting for a while.

Cheers

Kincanucks wrote me and told me that i was selected on the may 9 selection, if you want to see if you were selected just pm Kincanucks and i am sure he will help you out. But remember its not official until your recruiter calls you with the offer.

A little off-topic but I wonder if kincanucks can get brownie points for his PR for all of his service here? He sure should! I mean that as an honest compliment. I've never seen a recruiter take such an active roll in promoting the CF AND helping candidates. (I'm not saying recruiters don't do their jobs, I'm just saying kincanucks sure seems to go above-and-beyond.)

True, I wish the people involved in processing myself showed as much interest or gave as much feedback.

13 Jun 05 board is cancelled and the next one won't be until 18 Jul 05.

people won't like this but that is ok news with me.  My file will hopefully be back in time for that board.  There wasn't a chance it would be back for the June one. 

Back