• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Next selection board June 9?

Gunner_Pyza said:
Oh just a question, I didn't really want to start whole new thread for it.   But can you also do basic in Borden??   ...I always thought it was only St. Jean.

Borden is for the reserves.

oh I'm sorry. I emailed my recruitment officer just wondering if he could give me an estimate about when I might leave for basic.   He said he called their HQ to see when I was most 'likely' to leave.   He said, as it stands I'm going to Borden for basic starting September 26th to December 9th.

Of course things might change of course.  I was just surprised it said Borden.

Gunner_Pyza said:
oh I'm sorry. I emailed my recruitment officer just wondering if he could give me an estimate about when I might leave for basic.   He said he called their HQ to see when I was most 'likely' to leave.   He said, as it stands I'm going to Borden for basic starting September 26th to December 9th.

Of course things might change of course.   I was just surprised it said Borden.

This is the second time today that I have heard that a Reg F BMQ is being held in Borden.  Hmmmm must check it out.

kincanucks have you heard anything on when they are going to start the new combined bmq/sq or if they even are?

Regarding the combined BMQ/SQ, second hand info here but the rumour I'm hearing is it is starting in September.

kincanucks said:
This is the second time today that I have heard that a Reg F BMQ is being held in Borden.    Hmmmm must check it out.

Thats pretty weird. Yesterday at my CFRC the recruiter told me my BMQ was most likely going to be 11 weeks long, SQ of course still remains, but there is going to be an overflow at St. Jean and there going to start sending Reg force BMQ there. She guaranteed me mine was at St. Jean but said soon she wont be guaranteeing recruits that it will be.

Awww..I was looking forward to St Jean and Quebec's drinking age.  ;D Still hope though I suppose.

Hello, I finished Basic about 2 weeks ago in St. Jean and we heard that Borden was going to be a second BMQ point for Reg force because there is an influx in recruiting. We also heard that basic was going to 13 weeks starting in Sept.  Hope this helps and defintely needs some confirmation.

Cheers
-Buzz  

Does anyone know when the next board is? 

Not sure if anyone will know the answer to this one, but I had to ask anyway.  If your second choice is one of the trades being boarded in real time but your first choice isn't will you automatically get selected for your second choice if you are acceptable?  Or, do they wait for a full board to sit to see if you get selected for your first choice?  I hope that makes sense. 

Thanks!

Lan said:
Does anyone know when the next board is?  

Not sure if anyone will know the answer to this one, but I had to ask anyway.   If your second choice is one of the trades being boarded in real time but your first choice isn't will you automatically get selected for your second choice if you are acceptable?   Or, do they wait for a full board to sit to see if you get selected for your first choice?   I hope that makes sense.    

Thanks!

This was on the first page of this thread!!  And the fourth page.

NCM Selection Board dates:

28 Mar 05, 9 May 05, 13 Jun 05, 18 Jul 05, 5 Sep 05, 17 Oct 05, 28 Nov 05, 9 Jan 06, 20 Feb 06, 3 Apr 06, 15 May 06, 26 Jun 06, 31 Jul 06.

Real time boards will be for first choices only.

Thanks Kincanucks!

That did sound like a stupid question about the date of the next board but they do tend to change sometimes.  :)

haha, read his profile. There are no stupid questions, only stupid people. hilarious.

:cdn: On the july 18 Board, do they select for all the trades? I applied NCI OP, SONAR OP and NES OP

:salute: :cdn:

Seaman_Navy said:
:cdn: On the july 18 Board, do they select for all the trades? I applied NCI OP, SONAR OP and NES OP

:salute: :cdn:

Yes for all the trades that are still open.

Back