• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New Dress Regs 🤣

ID in front chest pocket?

The almost 2 decades I wore combats/CADPAT it was there but…in a wallet. That’s how we rolled in Cornwallis and just kept doing it…

Where i work, we have to have our ID and our Restricted Area pass visible walking around and are expected to challenge anyone we see and don’t know that doesn’t have them (which happens). You can’t even get on that part of the Wing without them.

ID tags…in my helmet bag as they are required kit for flying. They go on when I stuff my helmet into it’s place at my station and come off when I stuff my helmet back into the bag.

DAGs, the tasking folks have to physically see and verify your ID and Dog tags. This is pretty standard expectations…so is carrying your military ID on your person at work.

This is exactly why the new dress regulations are coming out.

How would purple hair, a goatee, or pink nail polish impact your ability to lift?

Every car dealership, be it BMW, Acura or Nissan that I’ve been inside the salesmen/women were cleanly groomed and presentable. Any realtor or doctor or lawyer or financial advisor or dealership employee I’ve dealt with didnt have purple hair or pink nail polish, well not the men anyway. You know why, because purple hair and nail polish is unprofessional.

But it’s okay in a “professional” military.:ROFLMAO:

Every car dealership, be it BMW, Acura or Nissan that I’ve been inside the salesmen/women were cleanly groomed and presentable. Any realtor or doctor or lawyer or financial advisor or dealership employee I’ve dealt with didnt have purple hair or pink nail polish, well not the men anyway. You know why, because purple hair and nail polish is unprofessional.

Yet there are no rules prohibiting a doctor or lawyer from getting purple hair or pink nail polish.

They can. And I bet a few do. But the majority don’t. Just like the CAF.

Yet there are no rules prohibiting a doctor or lawyer from getting purple hair or pink nail polish.
I bet a lot of firms and hospitals do have restrictive dress codes.

Not a lot of pink and blue hair or face tattos here.

Last edited:
Show up at a skate board shop for a job interview in a 3 piece suit, chances of getting hired are.....

Go downtown and look at the "suits" they are almost clones of each other. If you don't dress that way and you are not a superstar for the business, then your going nowhere but out.

Every profession has it dress code, most are unwritten.

How would purple hair, a goatee, or pink nail polish impact your ability to lift?

Shouldn't have any impact at all. Gender at birth and lifestyle, however, will have an impact.

Show up at a skate board shop for a job interview in a 3 piece suit, chances of getting hired are.....

Go downtown and look at the "suits" they are almost clones of each other. If you don't dress that way and you are not a superstar for the business, then your going nowhere but out.

Every profession has it dress code, most are unwritten.
Many have written and unwritten ones, the CAF is shaping up to be that sort of organization.

Let's not pretend that we don't already have people pushing the limits of what is allowed at this time. Those people will just have a new limit to push, and the bulk of the CAF will carry on looking somewhere between "average Canadian", and pusser.

(y)

First impressions count. They say you only have seven seconds to make a good one.

ID in front chest pocket?

The almost 2 decades I wore combats/CADPAT it was there but…in a wallet. That’s how we rolled in Cornwallis and just kept doing it…
The ID in front left pocket is just a personal quirk by someone who was trained that way and can't or won't think for themselves. We all have run into the MCpl or Sgt or WO that insists everything has to be done because "its always been that way."

The one out of 30 that shows up with pink or purple hair or whatever will stand out - and I can pretty much safely say that unless they like the attention they will soon conform to a group standard - like all those "suits" in law offices etc.

Adding: Many years ago someone told me that some US Forces used velcro patches to identify what kit was where IE FA Kit etc.

"Oh those stupid Americans" was one comment. After some thought I said to myself that might be a good idea. My FA stuff might not be where others keep theirs. It is a quick way to find stuff especially when it is urgently needed.

The ID in front left pocket is just a personal quirk by someone who was trained that way and can't or won't think for themselves. We all have run into the MCpl or Sgt or WO that insists everything has to be done because "its always been that way."

The one out of 30 that shows up with pink or purple hair or whatever will stand out - and I can pretty much safely say that unless they like the attention they will soon conform to a group standard - like all those "suits" in law offices etc.

Adding: Many years ago someone told me that some US Forces used velcro patches to identify what kit was where IE FA Kit etc.

"Oh those stupid Americans" was one comment. After some thought I said to myself that might be a good idea. My FA stuff might not be where others keep theirs. It is a quick way to find stuff especially when it is urgently needed.

We teach things or rather we teach without explaining things. Things like lacing, ID card in left breast pocket, wearing of kit a certain way (like snailed webbing etc). It’s to get to a standard. Sometimes people leave thinking it is THE standard.

And the instructors that may have spent too much time at the mega, battle school or leadership schools may also start thinking that way as well.

We teach things or rather we teach without explaining things. Things like lacing, ID card in left breast pocket, wearing of kit a certain way (like snailed webbing etc). It’s to get to a standard. Sometimes people leave thinking it is THE standard.

And the instructors that may have spent too much time at the mega, battle school or leadership schools may also start thinking that way as well.
Even outside the combat arms,"schoolitis" is a serious problem...

Too many leaders are inexperienced, and don't know enough to know the difference between "this makes testing at the school easy", and "this is how it's actually done.".

Pink hair. Blue hair. No hair.

I just want a new airplane and some reasonable pay raises so my wife and I are secure when I hand my kit in.

Ball hats and boots and stuff are nice but…peas. I care more about the steak.

You're an AESOP right ? You already make more than most of the the rest of the NCM corps. Mind if the rest of us go to the front of the line this time ? Not trying to be a jerk, just trying to add perspective.

I am so jealous of the RCAF Union. If I wasn't brainwashed into the RCN I may have switched lol

Back