• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New Brunswick Shale Gas Protests

Robert0288 said:
Because a chunk of the left of center leaning population of this country believes that such action is justified and violence only brought on by the arrival of the RCMP. :facepalm:

I'm not Twitter mastermind but some of the stuff they're saying  is absolutely absurd.

"Wouldn't have firebombed their cars if they didn't pepper spray/aim rifles at children"

Ahahaha right. You're not convincing anyone.

George Wallace said:
Of course these can not be religious folk either, as there is no justifiable reason here to be violent.  That leaves little other than Anarchists.  Which means, like the most of the other OCCUPY MOVEMENT types, they are professional protestors, bent on destroying our way of life, not bettering it.......Does that not justify the Police arriving and restoring ORDER?

To use someone else's words:  I don't think many of them know what the frack they are talking about.

I 100% agree.  Living in Ottawa, and having gone to one of the universities here.  I've had to deal with the professional protester a lot.  How can you blame the RCMP for causing violence when somehow firearms, explosives and Molotov somehow appeared in the middle of nowhere at a protest illegal blockade on a highway?  Someone had to have brought them out, and it wasn't the RCMP.

if the police/courts do not do enough to deal with this, it will encourage them to do more, if they go overboard, then that will encourage others to do similar. The politicians can help by dealing with legitimate issues and peeling off as much support from the protesters as possible.

Out west it's slowly dawning on people that linear infrastructure in remote areas is rather vulnerable.

Observing.

The Warriors are a criminal organization that wraps themselves in "protecting our people" BS.

Colin P said:
Out west it's slowly dawning on people that linear infrastructure in remote areas is rather vulnerable.

I heartily agree with that statement.

More from the Twitter machine:

"@davidakin: Lots to read in feed of APTN reporter @Osmich. Don't see reports of a tank yet."

"@RussDiabo: @davidakin @Osmich it was an armoured personnel carrier w/ a big *** gun mounted on it. There is a pica round."

"@davidakin: Help me out: Some Canadians in New Brunswick, upset about a judge's decision, thought the best response was to burn RCMP cars. Why?"

"@KSeesequasis: Come on @davidakin, you know better: some people also thought it was best to enforce said decision with sniper rifles. #Perspective"

And this piece of biased work: http://indigenousnationhood.blogspot.ca/2013/10/throne-speech-in-action-canada-is-at.html?m=1

The Elsipogtog protest started on Sept 30, the court injunction was issued on Oct 03. They've had 2 weeks to vacate and negotiate peacefully.

Footage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjfMx-qf2wY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

PrairieThunder said:

Those RCMP officers had the patience of saints. You can't huck an open bottle of fluid at someone and claim "its just water". How about just not throwing things at all? Sure saw a lot of sniper rifles and tanks in that footage. I also saw a nice clear shot of someone's face talking into the camera "Get the rocks". Inciting violence is a crime, I'm pretty sure.

PuckChaser said:
Those RCMP officers had the patience of saints. You can't huck an open bottle of fluid at someone and claim "its just water". How about just not throwing things at all? Sure saw a lot of sniper rifles and tanks in that footage. I also saw a nice clear shot of someone's face talking into the camera "Get the rocks". Inciting violence is a crime, I'm pretty sure.

Totally agree with you. 

Whats all this about a "tank" or "apc with a big *** gun" ?

Halifax Tar said:
Totally agree with you. 

Whats all this about a "tank" or "apc with a big *** gun" ?

Classic Palmater sensationalistic, media manipulation. Disregard.

At least 5 guys there wearing the "Warrior" symbol, wonder if local or they came in for the fun?

If they'll shoot at police and fire bomb cars just imagine what they would do to civilians who get in their way.

ObedientiaZelum said:
If they'll shoot at police and fire bomb cars just imagine what they would do to civilians who get in their way.

Beat them into a coma, with construction materials, like they did in Caledonia? :dunno:

Many reserves have high unemployment and young population, always a problem. One of the fall outs of the changes to the Environmental Assessment Acts is that a lot of the smaller reviews which required some on the ground assessments have gone away and that will impact the available employment on the reserves out here in the northern half of the Province. Much of the employment that comes out of the actually construction or operation does not benefit the reserves as many have no qualifications to do the work. The pre-assessment work was well suited to what they could do. (Also reduces the work available to many smaller consulting firms in the small towns).

recceguy said:
Classic Palmater sensationalistic, media manipulation. Disregard.

I saw one of those RCMP armoured trucks on a flat bed on the TCH early this morning.  Maybe that was the tank.  In any case, judging from the video so far it appears to have not been used.

Colin P said:
At least 5 guys there wearing the "Warrior" symbol, wonder if local or they came in for the fun?

Dressed in US Army surplus?  Yup, saw that pic too.  Some in sneakers, some in Mark IIIs and few in work boots with their uniforms.  What pees me off is the guys wearing expensive REALTREE hunting outfits.  It is like showing up to an occupy protest in Armani!  Most of the uniformed warriors came from Cape Breton last week according to an interview with the maritime head chief.  He did not seem to want them there either.

Colin P said:
if the police/courts do not do enough to deal with this, it will encourage them to do more, if they go overboard, then that will encourage others to do similar. The politicians can help by dealing with legitimate issues and peeling off as much support from the protesters as possible.

Unfortunately, governments inaction (both federal and provincial) in regards to events in places like Caledonia, has only given the troublemakers the idea they can act with impunity.

The weapons haul is 2 SKSs, 400 rounds for them, 1 scoped P14 and 100 rounds, 2 bear spray, 12 pipe bombs of various sizes, fire bombs were mentioned but not displayed. A cop friend says the SKS were unpinned mags.

Back