• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New Army Equipement and CTS Update

The one glaring thing that stood out to me in that presentation (the first one Director Land Requirements), was that they are already contemplating a NEW uniform!!  I hope that means a few cosmetic alteration (like pockets on the sleeves), and not an entirely new uniform.  But at least they are looking at some form of "underarmour" type of shirt to wear under the combat shirt.

Hatchet Man said:
they are looking at some form of "underarmour" type of shirt to wear under the combat shirt.

Kinda ironic since <A  HREF="http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/42140.0.html">this Policy</A> is taking effect in A'Stan.

There was a question mark besides fire resistent so they will probably incorporate that.  Probably reinvent the wheel while they are at it too.

Mike_R23A said:
So did I, until I saw a MWO wearing a pair at NDHQ last week... yes they are fabric uppers, I for one want the extra breathability...

Now, on to important issues... what do I have to do to get your rainjacket??  ;D

Awww Mike, you wouldn't want it anyway...it's got those flashy little reflective tape strips on it.  :o  Oh yeah...sure, they're neatly tucked under a flap and held in place with velcro so you can't see them, but just knowing they're there and could be ripped open (making a horribly velcro-ish sound at a tactically inopportune time) and showing your position to anyone with a covert or non-covert light source...well, I know you wouldn't want to take the risk...no matter how comfortable and dry and warm and effective it made you...  >:D  You had your chance, buddy...nothing ventured, nothing gained!  :P

On the fire retardant front, I would never wear UA with any of my nomex flying gear.  Not that someone should be wearing non-standard kit...*ahem*... ;) ...however...hypothetically, if there were any non-standard kit I would consider (as aircrew), it would be several sets of Simpson Safety Systems nomex long underwear right out of my Summitt Racing catalogue.  I hear that it wicks moisture away (achieving some of what UA clearly does very well) all the while providing better FR capability than any CF-issue undergarment does.

Cheers,
Duey

[
Hatchet Man said:
The one glaring thing that stood out to me in that presentation (the first one Director Land Requirements), was that they are already contemplating a NEW uniform!!  I hope that means a few cosmetic alteration (like pockets on the sleeves), and not an entirely new uniform.  But at least they are looking at some form of "underarmour" type of shirt to wear under the combat shirt.

Not really an underarmour shirt per se but just a better T-shirt than the current cotton one.  We did the first trials as did the 3rd Bn just last fall.  Underarmour is not allowed to be worn anymore due to the melting/shrinkage effect it has when exposed to high heat ie: explosions

Hatchet Man said:

The way it was phrased seems like they do indeed want to make some alterations to the design.. things like "improved compatibility with protective equipment". Maybe this means arm pockets? 

Does anyone know if the changes to the AR uniform will also happen to the TW version?

Hopefully the troops coming back who have used the sleeve pockets on the AR uniform will generate enough positive 'press' to facilitate a changeover on the TW uniform. I do not see that happening quickly, though. Maybe the MKIII combats...?

:dontpanic:

This may be common knowledge but talking with one of the troops going over soon, they said that they were told to take the inside pocket out of the cargo shirt pocket and sew it on the sleeve.

Would be a good idea.....seeing...as you cant get to your pockets when your wearing your Body armour and TV and everything else!!! You think they would have thought about that long ago!!!

Who did they interview about the small pack system? Have you guys tried to carry any weight in the damned thing? I'm 6'2" and when I have it loaded and I'm wearing it, the 'waist' belt is up above my frigging belly, and the shoulder straps slide off of my shoulders. Its acceptable as a book or gym bag, but I think thats about it...

I'm only 5 11 and its fine on me full loaded, but I can see what your saying..it does ride high!!!

Yes but have you worn it fully loaded (and I mean fully loaded) with plates, frag vest and your tac-vest?  IMHO (and my Platoons it seems) that the bag isn't cut out for even overnight trips and we all carry our rucks overseas now even for small trips.

Great cadpat book bag though......

Same guy that designed the Small PAck is the designer of the new ruck, get ready.....

I've worn the cadpat ruck that certain CF SOF types have, and that seems to be a pretty sweet pack. However, I don't think that its the CTS ruck - does anyone know?

Yes, that very ruck....

Does it have exceptionally stiff "ribs" on the back pad, kind of like a really well defined 6 pack?  If so, then yes, that be her.  I also know that we sent a bunch of them to "those guys" and they weren't overly thrilled with them.  BUt they wouldn;t give them back, the more people change, the more they stay the same.

I also replaced all the drawstrings on my trial one with boot laces, makes the openings about 3 times larger.  Only a Tetris wizard can pack it with the original strings.

The one I have seen appears to come in woodland dpm as well... Perhaps an earlier trial version? Why we wouldn't just contract Arcteryx or MEC to do a pack, I'll never understand (well I do understand how projects in Ottawa work... so nevermind.) They could even just scrap it now and buy Kifaru of the rack...

Back