• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

You know the army is getting to your brain when... [Compiled]

170. you always wear an army issued OD green t-shirt to the gym, and people think you wear the same shirt everyday

Originally posted by scm77:
[qb] 166 You can wear a beret and not worry about looking gay. [/qb]
Correction - you can wear a beret in the hopes of looking gay, but the Army still won‘t discharge you....

Edited some of the new ones in, see the begining of the thread.

This is a bit old now, but is it ok if I post a few things here to add to the list? Or is it finished?

Better to add here then start a new one. But I seem to remember a longer  and more recent one in radio chatter ...

You use the proper NATO phonetic alphabet for letters over the phone and not Alice, Bill, Clifford, David...
Yup...I have to suppress using NINER on the phone/dictation software when giving numbers/lab results

Yup...I have to suppress using NINER on the phone/dictation software when giving numbers/lab results
I’ve always thought that it should be taught in schools. It was designed to prevent misinterpretation. And that’s when I want to use it. As a recent member, I love being able to call HR and spell my name ONCE and have it understood.

I used to work with a guy (recently passed) who could string together the most obscure words to do a phonetic spelling over the radio that would leave dispatchers in stitches, or say some complex eastern European-type name and just say 'usual spelling'. It's a learned craft.

I actually printed a copy of the phonetic alphabet a couple of weeks ago and gave it to one of our clerks. She was killing me trying to spell stuff over the phone.

Back