• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New Army Equipement and CTS Update

MPSHIELD

Inactive
Reaction score
Didn't see anyone so far post this info. Thought I would pass on some info regarding new clothing equipment that will be coming down the pipe. The links discuss new clothing and equipment that the army will be getting, including the converged cadpat rain gear, new boots, and duffle bag to name a few.
Director of Land Requirements
http://www.textiles.ca/_static/webUpload/193/143_1.pdf
Clothe the Soldier
http://www.textiles.ca/_static/webUpload/193/142_1.PDF

If the links don't work, try refreshing them or visit this site:
http://www.textiles.ca/eng/nonAuthProg/redirect.cfm?path=GovtProcurement&sectionID=6718.cfm

Enjoy

Thanks for that.  I see most of that stuff they want is currently out there yet they continue to trial it.  Give me a break CTS.  Should have "trialed" the snowshoes a bit more.

I see they are looking into a CADPAT Urban as well.  Isn't that nice will the ruck is still in development.

Urban cadpat?

I fail too see the advantage of such a thing.  Even of the colors were right your still going to silhouette off everything around you.  Maybe they should just make a uniform that will make me look like a mailbox.

So they are delivering AR TacVests...................

Also....I come from the workd of construction....and contract bidding usually doesnt go on for what.....2-3 years like the ruck has....Me and my dad are usualy given a month if we are lucky to get a bid in. I understand that it is different, but still. I could have found, trialed and gotten rucks deliverd in just over a year with the budget they have...

With the money CTS has wasted I think someone in the know how could have gotten the Cmbt arms kitted out with all the kit they were looking at within 5 years of the intial start up of CTS.  The biggest hurdle getting CADPAT made and put on the various kit.  I threw out the figure of 5 years because it doesn't take rocket science to see what is working and isn't with our allies in similar combat/terrain/elements and to go with something they are using.  Now if CTS hands are tied by politics and or the procurment process so be it but there is some kit that side tracked the whole procurment process so I can't see why it would be different for the rest of the kit issued to us.

Although I'm not in anyway an expert in R&D, bidding and trialing of soldier field gear, it does seem a little lengthy in some of these projects. The only thing I can think of is that they only get "X" amount to spend on certain projects during a certain period of time. Also, I think the bidding process take a long time because there is so much red tape regarding the rules and regulations that govern the bidding of contracts for companies which slow the requisitioning system down. But who knows! :D

It is good to see that some some more stuff in on the way down the pipe. The good news is, according to the presentation, everyone in the LF might be issued the CAMELBAK (just waiting for funding and approval).

For me, personally the only real item I'm looking forward to is the Rain Gear. I Can't wait- no more sweating in the rubber suit :P. It will be unfortunately, be 2-3 years before i see it.

Hi all:
Thanks for the link. What a bummer the artice on Canadian camo uniforms 1750-2050 isn't available online. I'd've been very interested in reading it.

xavier

The problem MPSHIELD is that by the time the troops get some of the kit it is already outdated and the troops could have had awesome kit right of the bat.
What do you need the rain jacket for.  You can't get that wet rolling down your cruisers window. ;)

CFL-IMHO, you are absolutely right. Some of the equipment the troops need take too long to get to the soldiers on ops.

What do you need the rain jacket for.  You can't get that wet rolling down your cruisers window.
LOL-Good one.

I have a word for the CF CTS program, "Military boondoggle".

Seriously this clownery is not putting priorities where it should be. How about the new rucks get issued first? How about a hell of alot less time "researching this and that" and get on with it. Hell buy something american, canadian, aussie or whatever works well, slap some cadpat on it and issue the damn stuff.

My opinion is that the CTS program could have been alot more efficient. Get 5 switched on CPLs from each of the combat arms and have them do all the "research and what not". They would have gotten this done in a very timely fashion.

ArmyRick said:
I have a word for the CF CTS program, "Military boondoggle".
:)

ArmyRick said:
My opinion is that the CTS program could have been alot more efficient. Get 5 switched on CPLs from each of the combat arms and have them do all the "research and what not". They would have gotten this done in a very timely fashion.

Just thought I'd throw this out there for all the non-Supply Tech types.....

Clothe the Soldier IS ALREADY overwhelmingly manned by combat arms types with only a couple of the 'other' types. Interesting isn't it?

Yes but Vern those types are officers and senior NCO's who by all accounts have lost touch with today's battlefield.

Yup CFL, too much time (as in years and years) in Louis-Standaround dulls the memory of operations...  :-\

It's hard to believe that I've had my TW 2-1 for almost two years...not that I don't think the Air Force would usually have a hard time getting itself out of a wet paper bag, but the responsiveness (or lack thereof) of CTS towards the operational community is mind boggling.  There is something amiss when the only guys who believe that things are fully responsive and effective are the guys in the project themselves.  CADPAT Boots...man oh man, I thought those things died a while ago!  ::)

Cheers,
Duey

Duey said:
CADPAT Boots...man oh man, I thought those things died a while ago!  ::)

One can only wish they had...

It seems they're going to be jungle boots... what's wrong with a basic leather boot? Take what we've got now, make it brown, stick on a vibram sole, bam, ideal combat boot.

Duey said:
CADPAT Boots...man oh man, I thought those things died a while ago!  ::)

So did I, until I saw a MWO wearing a pair at NDHQ last week... yes they are fabric uppers, I for one want the extra breathability...

Now, on to important issues... what do I have to do to get your rainjacket??  ;D

CADPAT TW Boots....hmmm, I wonder if they will make them in CADPAT AR. Oh dear, better not give them any ideas! ::)

Back