• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Name This Photo!!! - The AFV Recognition Thread

Verdeja No 1 - Spain

The turret of this variant was based on that of the PzKpfw.1 fitted with 45mm gun plus two coaxial MG13 machine-guns.

Blackadder1916 said:
Verdeja No 1 - Spain
Yes.

At some point the Verdeja No 1 was fitted with a new turret based on that of the PzKpfw.1 fitted with the usual 45mm gun plus two coaxial MG13 machine-guns, but not initially. 

mystery12.jpg

;D 8)  :pop:

Regards,
ironduke57

Appears to be a Type 59-II with plenty of fancy accessories. 

Type 62G (G stands for Gai - "Improved") - Most recent Type 62 light tank upgrade with improved armour layout and original cast turret replaced by a new welded flat-plate turret which also incorporates an improved armour layout as well as four smoke grenade dischargers on each side of the turret. It is armed with a more powerful 105 mm rifled main gun with fume extractor in center of barrel, vertical stabilization system, primitive fire-control system, and night vision equipment.

only thing that i can see

Not a guess at the name/origin of the equipment but it seems to me that the the barrel is warped (protruded) on the right side as you look at the picture is that just the pic is showing up on my screen or is that the case?  And if it is the case what is the reason? (I can wait if the answer will give it away)

Thanks

Back