• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Name The Weapon!!!

Interesting

fixture above the barrel jacket gives me think this was a waist gunner's gun - soo....
German MG34 bomber variant
7.92 x 57 mauser

I think Wes' pic is of a German MG 15 in 7.92 x 57.  It was a aircraft defensive armament, in more than just the waist position, In fact, I don't think the Germans had much in the way of waist positions on other than on the He 111.  Also, I think it could be twin mounted and as such was called the MG 81.

Also, I'm still curious about MG 34's pic.

Steve

I miss wrote earlier.  The MG 15 is distinct from the MG 81.  The MG 15 is a Rheinmetal design, replaced by the Mauser MG 81, a development of the MG 34.  The MG 81Z was the twin mount version. 

I think MG 34 is still up.

Garage Guns Inc....

a 7.62X54R Chechen homemade job. ???

ANH_TuskenRaider_PD.jp

Did Jawas sell it to you?

Almost looks like a prototype for the Sten gun - or something the SOE came up with.

OR - did someone's kid toss it together in metal shop at school for show and tell?

MM

Found It!!

On September 28 1937 Johnson's first U.S. Patent, number 2,094,156 was granted. The first of over a dozen different US patents concerning firearms (and bayonets for them).

It's the first Ptype of the Johnson rifle.

This first rifle was made from scrap firearm parts and had a knitting needle for a firing pin. Despite these rudimentary beginnings, the design worked fairly well but needed major refinements.

Hence the "Zip Gun" appearance.

Back