• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Name The Weapon!!!

MG34 said:
Another for you guys, country, caliber,etc

38 Views and no ID yet, come on guys this thing was the grandfather of one of the best Light Automatic Rifles of it's day

Ok MG34, I'll take a stab at it, but this is just an uninformed guess....

Maxim 08/15 7.92mm  aircraft mount....w. perf. barrel jacket?

So I'm guessing a Lewis predessesor - or a BAR predessesor.

Damned thing looks like it'll shoot backwards!!!!

" Hey, let me try that "

C'mon MG what is it?

An early Madsen of some sort?

Let me spend some quality time tonight with the MGB and I'll see if I can track down an answer for ya....

NS

My google-fu has failed me.  I've been looking for the last few days and nothing yet.  Not even close. Obviously gas operated, air cooled, AC mounted but I can't find a damned thing that even looks similar.

Not AC mounted, it has both a folding carry handle and a folding monopod, it is an Infantry weapon intended for use within a "Combat Cluster" of 13 men and an automatic weapon. I'll post the answer tomorrow if no body gets it, along with the entire family of these weappons so you can see it's eventual result

OK Ican't stand it the mystery weapon is ............................
A Czech Praga IIA it is the grandfather of the BREN Gun by way of the following

PragaIIA.jpg
  Praga IIA which became

PragaI-23.jpg
  Praga I23 which became

PragaM24.jpg
  Praga M24which became

ZB26.jpg
  ZB26 which became

ZB27.jpg
  ZB27 which became

ZB30.jpg
  ZB30 which became

BrenMkI.jpg
  The Bren Mk1

Kind of neat the entire lineage was designed from a modified Maxim called Praga 1.

Photo and info credit http://www.cruffler.com/trivia-December00.html

Soooo.....you're saying that it's not a Madsen then....right?

Dang, back to the drawing boards for me!

NS

:warstory:

Damnit!!!!

I was on the trail. Reached the M24 by way of the Czech ZB27 from the Bren when you posted the answer  :P

Ok I had help though MG34 gave me a hint at work

I find it amazing that it started off as a boosted recoil operated MG and evolved into a gas operated mag fed LAR, it went through several caliber changes as well starting  with 7.92Mauser to 6.5 Arisaka back to 7.92 then to .303 Brit

Damn! I was onto the ZB26/27 but couldn't follow it far enough back.  Good on ya.  :salute:

I got back as far as the Praga I-23 but could not find anything else, which is why I was looking for an earlier JMB gun.

Well, I thought it had a Maxim look about it.........?  That pistol grip out of the bottom of the reciever was pretty distinctive.

That was a good one though, quite obscure...

Ive got a pic of a gun Id like identified. How do I post a pic on this site?

OK let's see now

Zastava M21, 2x Sig 552 Commando,Para FAL,M4 (I-6 Modified Still have the BM?? ;) ), home built 1911,Glock 19, Upper receiver for M4 16 inch bbl

Pyro: Looks like an Arges or Mecar grenade,M84 DD, another Ages/Mecar (?),M67 Frag,M8 Smoke, AN M14 HH3 Incind. Gren. The frags escape me but I'm sure have played with them before in Germany, then again they could be MK2 "Pineapple" Grenades from the angle of the pic

Back