• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Two Canadian Armed Forces members face drug/weapon charges

MilEME09

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
Two members of the Canadian Armed Forces (CAF) are facing drug charges, according to the Department of National Defence (DND). One of them is also charged with possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose
The charges stem from a complaint filed against the two members stationed at CFB Petawawa, about an hour and a half northwest of Ottawa. According to the complaint, filed with military police, two CAF members trafficked cocaine and other drugs to military members, as well as area residents.
During the arrest, authorities claim personnel from the Canadian Forces National Investigation Service seized cocaine, crack cocaine and methamphetamine "with an approximate street value of $35,000," DND wrote in a news release. DND also reportedly found $5,000 in cash and a handgun.
Bombardier Nathan Saunders is facing drug possession and trafficking charges, as well as a charge of careless storage of a firearm and possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose. Cpl. Rickardo Bryce also faces drug possession and trafficking charges. Both men were charged on Feb. 6.

Sad, but probably not surprising. The military is a microcosm of society at large. I have heard on some large US bases and ships its almost like an organized crime syndicate.
There have been many instances of things like this throughout my career. A guy from my section in basic was charged with trafficking back in the early '00s, and there was the big bust on HMCS Yellowknife back in the late '00s.

Those are just two instances I recall off the top of my head.

There have been many instances of things like this throughout my career. A guy from my section in basic was charged with trafficking back in the early '00s, and there was the big bust on HMCS Yellowknife back in the late '00s.

Those are just two instances I recall off the top of my head.
Don’t forget HMCS Grasskatoon. I think the Coxn got busted for dealing, there.

Back