• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

MP recruiting 2017/18/19

Thanks for the quick reply Garb. With the newly revised MPAC kicking off mid month, I wonder how many people are left on the selection list. Any one have any ideas on the remaining positions for the 2017 fiscal year? 

Don't get wrapped up about the numbers left for FY 2017 (particularly since 2018 numbers are just around the corner as well), concentrate on being the most attractive candidate out there.  Be the best candidate and it doesn't matter if there are 10 positions, tank the process and it doesn't matter if there are 1000...

I know people want to try to figure out their odds but there are more important things to focus on.

Got some great news today!  I'm in on the MPAC on the 18th Feb, Like a couple of posts back I did notice they're still doing the BII at this MPAC.  Super Stoked! Now lets hope I merit high enough to be selected this year. Woot Woot!

There was quite a few name on the list, 45 or so! it'll be nice to meet some of the new candidates and some of the VOTs like myself.

garb811 said:
ideally it would be a quick notification, then BMQ, BMQ-L, brief stint on OJE somewhere (probably near where you were recruited) then the August start for QL3 with you on the road in January 2019.

So not one Reg F candidate did their BMQ-L before our QL3. I think most are going right after course or at least before QL5, they haven't heard anything about it yet. Luckily I did it back in my PRes days and it's still valid so I'm in the clear. Also, some did OJE for 3 days, others for a couple weeks. Then again they had the Christmas break in between basic and QL3 so that could be why they didn't do the BMQ-L. But yah like garb said, you'll be loaded on the August QL3 if your selected from this feb MPAC. My offer came December 23 and I did BII on October 23.

EpicBeardedMan said:
You will be posted where the CF needs you, you have the option of picking where you'd LIKE to go but inevitably it is where they need you. Your element has no bearing on where you're posted in any purple trade in the CF. Search the forums, all these questions have been answered multiple times before...good luck.

Thank you

I got invited today to attend a MP BII on Feb 17th as a last minute replacement. I'm in Vancouver and flying out on the 16th. I understand it's a interview  but can anyone provide any details what it means?

Congrats!  The name says it all, Background Integrity Interview. 

See you both at MPOAC tomorrow @armyhopeful1993 and @FRSQRN; waited a year and a half for this cause my CFRC lost my medical forms and my interview expired the same month as the last MPOAC in November

garb811 said:
Congrats!  The name says it all, Background Integrity Interview.

I have no reason to be nervous about them asking about my past...  Put I tell you, I'm more nervous than a long tailed cat in a room full of racking chairs.  But I think it's more so that this is basically starting my military career from the beginning all over again. The unexpected, they can rip my past apart i don't care lol.

How did the interviews on the 18th go for everyone? Did they give you an idea of when you should hear back from them?

Mine went well yesterday.

No indication of when i'll hear back, for me being an occupational transfer though it has to go to my Career Manager first to approve me leaving my trade.

I did mine on the 17th and went well. However they mentioned I won't know till after 4 weeks.

Champcamp94 said:
How did the interviews on the 18th go for everyone? Did they give you an idea of when you should hear back from them?

Mine went good. A few things that tripped me up but all and all it was good. I was told they would be done all the assessments in 4 weeks but couldn’t even give me an estimate to when I would hear anything. I’m assuming if it goes past the August course I’m SOL for the year.

Does anyone know of the numbers they are looking to recruit for the fiscal year? Also how many are usually in a course?

Wait...so all you guys did was the BII, nothing else?

garb811 said:

That’s all I did and they said that was the last step in the process.

danteh said:
Does anyone know of the numbers they are looking to recruit for the fiscal year? Also how many are usually in a course?

I’m Not sure about recruiting numbers. The career manager today said the trade is sittin green right now. As for the course numbers, 60 or so on the last 3s and 40 on mine right now (NCM). That’s not including the 30 or so officers (20 English, 10 in French platoon, roughly). Also if you are VOT or have recruit school bypass they might load you on the course last minute like myself and a few others. Or toss you on OJE for a little bit until the startup in August.

garb811 said:

Yep,  Went to Borden on Saturday for a Mid Morning interview, and was back home in Toronto by 1300.

They must be in the transition back to the old MPAC??  As I've heard of the MPAC and the BII, but never heard of it as the MPAC/BII lol.

Maybe the last group of BIIs before they return to the true MPAC, but you would definitely know more about that than I would.

coyote489 said:
I’m Not sure about recruiting numbers. The career manager today said the trade is sittin green right now. As for the course numbers, 60 or so on the last 3s and 40 on mine right now (NCM). That’s not including the 30 or so officers (20 English, 10 in French platoon, roughly). Also if you are VOT or have recruit school bypass they might load you on the course last minute like myself and a few others. Or toss you on OJE for a little bit until the startup in August.

Coyote, how last minute was your course loading lol?

Back