• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Military Singles

as long as I can get to a bar/pub/club that has decent booze prices and great people, I'll be happy :p

NavComm said:
Thanks :D I think you really are on to something here. I think you will make this happen and that is great! I completely understand doing for yourself and I applaud you for it. We can't really be good parents if we aren't happy within ourselves and each person decides what that personal happiness is. I know my original post was a bit tongue in cheek but I think you understand it was a 'conversation starter'. Now you're invited to Brandon! Whoooo hoooo I might just join you there! Sounds like good times are a rollin!

Yes!  I knew what you are all about.  Don't worry about it!  You need someone new every now and then just to spice things up a bit.  Otherwise what a boring world this would be!  :-*

Fry said:
as long as I can get to a bar/pub/club that has decent booze prices and great people, I'll be happy :p

OK reality check: You can get to a bar about week 4 if your unit did all the right things. That bar will most likely be in Wasaga Beach. Expect to go without all the comforts of home/life-as-you-know-it for at least 4 weeks. It's not all bad. In fact, it's good. It's hard and it's stupid and it makes no sense, but it's what you want. It's what you signed up for. Play the game and get through it. There's plenty of fun and drinking to be had AFTER basic. It's 8 weeks of your life. I realize when you're 20 something that seems like a long time, but in the big scheme of things, it's nothing. Do you want this or do you have to have 'fun'? You'd better redefine 'fun'.

OK all!  Seems as though my computer is going to clonk out on me here for the night!  It was very nice to have met you all!  If I have upset anyone... I apologize.  I am looking forward to coming back soon to check out some more of this site. Very interesting in here..  Loving the different view points.. Gives me a chance to voice some of my opinions on relationships..

Take care and Stay Safe!
Lace

Fry said:
For that my friend, I would heartily recommend the Hug and Slug.  You've never been to Borden until you've been bagged and tagged by one of the ladies with great big, uh, hearts who frequent that fine establishment.  Please note that this is not the proper name of the venue, as we don't want the secret getting out, but if you ask your instructors, they'll be more than happy to provide you with directions.

Haha, I know... I'll be lucky if we get out to a club or a pub...

8weeks? thought it was 10? oh well, it's all good... Hug and Slug? I'll keep that in mind :p

Hobbies I love and volunteer work has always worked for me which is exactly why I'm on this thread today. I just moved to Toronto and need to get involved, make some friends etc. In Vancouver I did some volunteer work for mililtary family services helping people with their running programs, taking people mountain biking etc. Toronto seems to be a different climate though - any suggestions? I'd love to get involved in anything to do with sports - running, climbing, skate skiing, mountain biking, adventure racing - helping with sporting events, helping with cadets and camping trips, training?  I will get in touch with military family services and cadets but ALL suggestions are welcome. (p.s. used to work as an outdoor guide, fitness expert, mountain bike coach in van but Toronto is sooooo different (not looking for work just wanna VOLUNTEER doing the things I love to do for the millitary).

merlane

Merlane I'm dissappointed that someone with your interests has left Vancouver! Where were you when I was begging people if they wanted to go hiking in Chilliwack? :D

I wish you the best of luck in Toronto. I don't know much about TO, only been in the airport a few times. You are fairly close to Borden though and there are a lot of military people there! You might want to take a drive there and hook up with some people at the gym.

NavComm said:
Lace, good reply! I too have a special needs child so I know how that goes. I think you might be onto somethng here! How close are you to that isolated guy in Alberta? Do you hike? Are you a member of the Alpine Club?

If this all works out I want to be referred to as "She who hooked up those two ships in the night...." no money please, just send referrals :D

You know Nav?  Good idea!  >:D  Well, email and phones are alot of fun now!  ;D  Where do you want referrals sent out to?  ;) 

Nav!  I salute you !  :salute:

Take Care and Stay Safe
Lace

now I'm not sure if you're mocking me lol but in case you're not just text me here :)

No mocking.. Me and redneck been chatitng it up!  He's cute and nice..  I'm serious..  You had a great thought and I did it! 

IT WAS WORTH IT!  ;D

LOL!  No Alpine Club here unfortunately!  But hey..  I really gotta run now.. got a phone call to make  ;)

I would just like to say that I am impressed that you would notice those three things.  I am not a very judgemental woman, but I will admit that the first thing I look at when I see a man, is his footwear, and then, yes, to see if he is wearing a belt.  The watch to is a part of it, but not really as big a part for me.  The next thing I will look at is his hair cut.  Given that military memebers are supposed to keep it above the ears and off the collar, does not mean that a person takes pride in their hair and the way it loosk.  I think if a man takes the time to do something with his hair before leaving the house speaks to his character.

Always
M

Redneck ... if it makes you feel any better, I'm in exactly the same position .... except I dont have the same "excuses" that you do.  I think the older you get the harder it is to find someone.

oh ... and be very careful of those internet dating sites & chat rooms ..... if it wasnt for those types of sites, I'd probably still be married (remember, if you're not looking someone in the eye, the may not be telling the entire truth)

I'd love to offer some wondeful advice, but unfortunately I have absolutely no ideas .... I've just learned to keep busy, and have gotten into some wonderful volunteer work.

good luck !!

I guess it boils down to that old line from the 60's:  "If'n the Army wanted ya to have a wife, they'da issued you one!"

BTW, the buffalo here are starting to look good... need a step ladder but the darn critters won't stand still!    ;D

Steve said:
...WASAGA BEACH (its awesome)...
...Look there are a lot of stuff you can do if you look around, but wasaga is definately a big plus...

For sure! I live here, and its a great place to be when long weekends/vacations come around. But I'm gonna let all of you guys on a little secret! If you are looking to meet someone, take up skiing!! I don't know if there are places to ski where you live, but there are atleast 4 or 5 within short driving distance of my place. Skiing is great for meeting people if you are alone because you're always sitting with different people on the lift (unless of course you meet someone that day  :blotto:). People who ski/snowboard are generally fun and exciting, plus you already have something in common! I am usually able to strike up a conversation, even though I am shy around people I don't know because its easy when you are sitting with a person alone for a few minutes. If you are having trouble, start with "It's a great day on the hill, don't you think?" or "Do you come up here often?" or even "Are you from out-of-town?". You should go one better and pick up a pair of Snowblades. YES! Those short, awesome looking skis. They are fun and people ask me about them 80% of the time right off-the-bat. A great topic starter - they'll usually ask me things like "Are they fun?" and they see you as an adventurous person who likes to try new things. Romantic moments are not uncommon up on the hill, especially during the night. But you just have to make sure you don't have boogers running down your nose, cuz its hard to tell when your face is numb from the cold!! (NOT speaking from personal experience  ;D)

I hope my advice helps you guys out. Good luck on the hunt!

Back