• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Military Singles

Fry said:
How's the situation in Borden?

Bleachers on a thursday night is pretty decent. But if its one night stand type action you want then Queens in Barrie is the place for you ..

WHOA!  Wait a minute.. You mean you wear civvy clothes too?  Hmmm.. Gonna have to talk to ex bout that.. He said they weren't allowed to so we was always nekky! ::)  Three Thrashings for a WO who shall remain nameless  :-*

Lace

Steve said:
Bleachers on a thursday night is pretty decent. But if its one night stand type action you want then Queens in Barrie is the place for you ..

Don't tell Fry about Bleachers.....recruits can't go there  :crybaby:

WEll , well well..  Wheeeeee !  Then you must know about how independence comes easily for me then!Yay!  You must be one heckuva person to do that and be in the military all at the same time! 

I salute you love!  :salute:

LOL!  Unfortunately, I am in South Manitoba and no I don't believe we have a club like that here.. We do have an Armoury though.. My ex is an instructor and came out here to teach courses to the guys, some from Alberta too.

*SIGH*  Maybe some day I shall find what I am seeking!

Lace

Wow really? I never knew about that rule, then again I only ate there once (on a thurs night) and it was crazy packed. Some guys go there to pick up girls, I guess it's sort of convenient what with our barracks about a 5 minute walk away and all

lacedtia said:
WEll , well well..  Wheeeeee !  Then you must know about how independence comes easily for me then!Yay!  You must be one heckuva person to do that and be in the military all at the same time! 

I salute you love!  :salute:

LOL!  Unfortunately, I am in South Manitoba and no I don't believe we have a club like that here.. We do have an Armoury though.. My ex is an instructor and came out here to teach courses to the guys, some from Alberta too.

*SIGH*  Maybe some day I shall find what I am seeking!

Lace

If you're talking about living in/near Brandon or Winnipeg I can think of several right off the top of my head in South Man. right off the bat

LOL!  If you name a few from Shilo I bet you would hit head on with that one!  I have tried searching for some on LL and Y! Personals.. But, no such luck and no bites.

Actually, The ex gave me a lead on one that might have been compatible with my search, but there was no initial "spark" of interest.

That one was interested in only a "fly by night" type deal, so it was all good that he was up front about the whole thing. 

Lace

Steve said:
Wow really? I never knew about that rule, then again I only ate there once (on a thurs night) and it was crazy packed. Some guys go there to pick up girls, I guess it's sort of convenient what with our barracks about a 5 minute walk away and all

Yes, recruits are limited to the "O" Club. It never was open when I was there. I couldn't figure out why they gave us leave and gave us an O Club card but the damn club (as far as I heard) was never open when we were on leave.

We did, however, run past Bleachers almost daily and see several people having what appeared to be a very nice time in there!

lacedtia said:
WEll , well well..    Wheeeeee !   Then you must know about how independence comes easily for me then!Yay!   You must be one heckuva person to do that and be in the military all at the same time!  

I salute you love!   :salute:

I just joined the navy reserve. My son is 13 and it seemed a good time to do something for me. I have a full-time civvie job (19 years in January) so I joined late...better late than never :D

Shilo: Without a doubt .. Cecils

Brandon: Gravity

Winnipeg: Palminos club and some place close to Sargent street but I forgot the name

Scummy places but ... nature of the game I guess

Well you go then!  Show these guys how to do it right! LOL  Mine is 16 years old now... I have devoted quite a few years to my son.. I love him very much.  Now I seek something for me and me alone.  That may sound a bit selfish, but we all need something for ourselves at some point!

You sought a career.. and now I'm seeking a life partner who understands a bit about struggle and how to persevere through tough times.  Maybe that is one of the qualities I'm looking for. Someone who knows how to actually work through the tough times to achieve their goals and dreams.....I know my ex knew how to do that. They don't give up very easily and do have a staying power, as long as all the ingredients are there to begin with!

Lace

Lacedtia

You should come to Shilo for Oktoberfest if you want to meet the Reg. force Army type. I think you might be able to buy tickets at Sobey's in Brandon. I will check the poster if you like.

Actually, I live in a town between Brandon and Wpg.. The only time I go to Wpg. is for my son's Dr. Appts. and that is by bus....

But, I have never been to Brandon before..

I have really no friends who are interested in Military men either.. So, if I go.. I go solo.. No fun in that!  LMAO!

I only have 1 person I know who is married to a man in the Military, and they don't go to socializing events. As far as I know my abilities are limited to hopefully falling into one over the net or strictly by chance.

Lace

LOL!  I just checked out your profile.. you were probably one of his students out there this summer! 

What a coincidence!  Shhhhhhh.. don't divulge too much info... HEHEHE  ::)

Lace

So basically on leave... what can I do in borden? Like many clubs/bars? I'm big into darts, lol.

buell gym .. WASAGA BEACH (its awesome), going into Barrie for the bars/clubs, the O club..

Look there are a lot of stuff you can do if you look around, but wasaga is definately a big plus

Don't want to offend, but i really think that it's silly only to date a man based on what he does for a living. Why rule out someone who could be a good match just because he is not in the service? You are limiting your options significantly especially since you say that you don't have many options for military men in your area. I say give the civilians a chance too, you never know who you are going to meet.

lacedtia said:
Well you go then!  Show these guys how to do it right! LOL  Mine is 16 years old now... I have devoted quite a few years to my son.. I love him very much.  Now I seek something for me and me alone.  That may sound a bit selfish, but we all need something for ourselves at some point!

You sought a career.. and now I'm seeking a life partner who understands a bit about struggle and how to persevere through tough times.  Maybe that is one of the qualities I'm looking for. Someone who knows how to actually work through the tough times to achieve their goals and dreams.....I know my ex knew how to do that. They don't give up very easily and do have a staying power, as long as all the ingredients are there to begin with!

Lace

Thanks :D I think you really are on to something here. I think you will make this happen and that is great! I completely understand doing for yourself and I applaud you for it. We can't really be good parents if we aren't happy within ourselves and each person decides what that personal happiness is. I know my original post was a bit tongue in cheek but I think you understand it was a 'conversation starter'. Now you're invited to Brandon! Whoooo hoooo I might just join you there! Sounds like good times are a rollin!

Fry...as Steve says...Wasaga Beach for the younger people was fine...me, I went to Barrie and relaxed after one weekend at Wasaga I knew it wasn't my bag but plenty of fun was had there I'm sure :D You'll find out once you get there! Oh and beware taxi drivers who want you to pay a return fare...there's a reason they aren't welcome in Wasaga Beach

camo she's dead set on a military man, I see where you're going with this and you know you just have to let people be people sometimes.Personally, of the men I've met in my short military career, I wouldn't hook them up with my worst enemy but to each their own.

camochick said:
Don't want to offend, but i really think that it's silly only to date a man based on what he does for a living. Why rule out someone who could be a good match just because he is not in the service? You are limiting your options significantly especially since you say that you don't have many options for military men in your area. I say give the civilians a chance too, you never know who you are going to meet.

Good point!  But I am 38, For about 10 of those years I did date civvies. It seems to me they are the ones with negative baggage and looking for woman to blame or take their problems out on. I was made to feel as though I was beneath them, being a single parent, alone, and struggling. The 2 longest term relationships I have had in my life were with Military men.  They treated me with respect, honour and never once was I made to feel beneath them in any shape or form.  It's like I stated earlier, men in the military have a unique personality that is separate from the men out in civvi land.  They know their values. They know how to respect. They know how to treat you with dignity and are mostly, not afraid to show it.

Now, I had my questions about all this stuff before.. It is something within me that says that is the type of person I want to spend the rest of my life with.

Does that make any sense?
Lace

Back