• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Michael Yon on Canadians, Menard, (violating) OPSEC [merged]

This is what that fat-fuck three peanut butter sandwich eating mother fucker said:

When the Canadians took on the Afghan district 4-4 Cav is now operating from, they had a difficult time with the 82mm recoilless rifles.  Lately, the history of the Canadian troops is softly being rewritten as successful in Afghanistan.  Reality differs.  The Canadians troops have an excellent reputation and they served with distinction, but after nearly being swallowed whole, they were ordered to abandon their battlespace.  There were many causes.  The Canadian combat forces could have prevailed, but Ottawa is weak.  The prime cause for the Canadian defeat was that tough men in mud homes without electricity defeated comfortable politicians in Ottawa, who seem to think that manufactured history will make them victorious.

In the book, “A LINE IN THE SAND: CANADIANS AT WAR IN KANDAHAR,” the author Ray Wiss writes:

“Very few will recognize the names of Shah Wali Khot, Arghandab, and especially Panjwayi and Zhari.  Those are the province’s districts where virtually all the combat in which the Canadians have been involved has taken place, an area roughly the same size as the Greater Toronto Area.

“Why did we expend so much blood and treasure in such a small area?  Because it is the birthplace of the Taliban, and the area where they have the most support.”

The Canadians are gone from the area described above.  Canada came late (in force), and left early.  If they had stayed, neither 4-4 Cav nor I would be here as witness this night in Zhari.

The slimy little bastard forgot that the US forces conducted a RiP with Canadian Forces in 2006, and we went it alone there from 06 to sometime in 08 when 2-2 Inf (US) deployed to Maywand.  And I know I'm preaching to the choir here, but as best said by MGen Vance:
"In Kandahar, we didn't win, but we didn't lose.  And we didn't lose, very well".  In short, we held the line until relief came.

He also advocates not abiding by the Laws of Armed Conflict:

"We play by dumb rules.  For example, we are not allowed to shoot at known enemy during the heat of battle when they are collecting their wounded.  These enemy are the same men that do not hesitate to shoot at our helicopters emblazoned with Red Crosses when they are being loaded with wounded.  Some people outside the war zone talk about the Geneva Conventions, which are as relevant here as are the laws of Bolivia.  People love to say, “According to the Geneva Conventions (as if they’ve read them), blah blah blah…”

Source here

The world according to the dishonest hack in question, "The USA rules!!! Everyone else is incompetent and incapable!!!"

Needless to say that the hack in question makes my blood boil way over. Haggis, this is one character that can, repeatedly make me angry and raise my voice. In fact, I am turning red in the face right now... Blood pressure rising.

Logging off...

Apparently he is alienating himself from his former SF brothers. Looks good on him:

http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35602

Wow! That made my day!

ETA: Just visited his FB page... The sharks are circling, and Michael insists on slashing his own wrists. I can honestly say, I have never seen anyone so successfully self destruct so completely on-line before.

He's a mad hatter.  When he claimed that he was responsible for BGen Ménard being sacked, I asked MY if he were a blonde Cpl sleeping with the general. 

I'm not sure what happened to MY, but he's certainly gone 'round the bend.

Thanks Ex.  That was entertaining  to see him getting his balls kicked like that in a forum of that stature.  Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

"tomahawk6
Milnet.ca Fixture

Rate Post

Re: Michael Yon Violates OPSEC
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2010, 21:52:07 »QuoteActually he sounds more and more like COL Hackworth. "

I certanily hope that your not referring to the late COL David Hackworth, who is the way I understand it one of the most decorated solidier int he US miltary.

Kalatzi said:
I certanily hope that your not referring to the late COL David Hackworth, who is the way I understand it one of the most decorated solidier int he US miltary.

Is that the same one who retired, became a reporter and wrote a series of articles that lead potentially to the suicide of an American Admiral? Being a decorated soldier does not preclude the possibility of becoming a badgering reporter who supplants the story for humanity.

That was worth every second spent reading every word.

Yon's ego just "black holed"....

Good2Golf said:
Yon's ego just "black holed"....
Doubtful. Sadly.

Much like some Canadian whiz-bangs (whose names either cannot or shouldn't be mentioned here), it doesn't matter how often informed people say ":facepalm:" or ":not-again:"... they retain their delusions of competence.

Agreed. 

I should have been more accurate and added "...himself with the SF/SOF community."

Regards
G2G

Hackworth's military career was exceptional right up to the point that he didnt get a star.In a huff he retired and became an anti- general officer crusader.He had an agenda and a platform,much like Yon.Hack did some good things with his platform but essentially devolved into a pain in the ass.

His latest appeal (no link, lest we drive up his hit rates)....
The United States faces greater threats at home than we face in Afghanistan.  The Mexican border, for instance, is being described as a war zone.  People have been warning about it for years.  Over time, I have seriously considered changing focus to the more proximate and bigger threats.

I am ready and willing to change primary focus to the home front.  This will require setting up shop and living in a place like Texas or Arizona.  Probably Texas.

I am testing the winds.  If the funding is there, it will happen.  I will move home to America and get to work.  If you are willing to support coverage on the home front, this is a situation where money talks.  If you vote “Yes, I will support it,” please annotate your vote with a note.

The bottom line question: Will you financially support this coverage?  The quality will be high.  So will the price.

Michael

P.S. - Also merged all the Yon-isms into a single thread.

Is it possible that Mr Yon is now having a difficult time finding units willing to allow him to tag along? He has spent a fair bit of time over the last couple of years alienating pretty much everyone above the rank of Sgt., sounds like he needs to move on to his next bound.

Teeps74 said:
.... sounds like he needs to move on to his next bound.
But only if.....
220px-TheNighttimePriceisRight.jpg

How much of a premium are YOU willing to pay on this lovely piece of gently-used equipment with the patina of none other than Michael Yon?!?!  Highlights mine....
The Canon [LINK=http://usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/cameras/slr_cameras/eos_1ds_mark_iii]Mark III 1ds[/LINK] is one of the finest cameras in the world.  Mine has seen combat in Iraq, Afghanistan, and has been used around the world from Nepal, to the Philippines and elsewhere.  The photos from this Mark III 1ds have appeared in my two most recent books, and countless other places. 

These bodies still go for about $7,000 brand new.  Though this body has seen much combat, the camera is in perfect operating condition.  This fantastic machine is rugged.  It has photographed al Qaeda, Taliban and US and British forces in two wars, and come back ready for more.  It has photographed some of the thought-shapers of this generation, such as General Petraeus, and also Sherpas near Mt. Everest, and former guerrillas in the Philippines.

It is with heavy heart that I want to sell this camera to buy two more cameras.  In 2012, Canon will introduce a newer model with fewer megapixels, but it should work better in low light.  If I decide to cover the Mexico issue, low light shooting will be of great value.  The total price of the two new cameras, along with GPS and an IR modification to one, will be about $15,000.

I am in hopes that a buyer will see the potential historical value of this camera, and the great value in bringing two new workhorses in the stable.  And so with that in mind, I am starting the bidding at $10,000.

Thank you for your consideration.

E-bay is standing by for your bid right now!

Back