• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Mar 28 Selection Board?

It's my understanding that there was a selection, but the offers haven't been released yet (I would guess that it takes time to get them all together). I suspect that they should be out soon.

But that's just my read on things. :)

kitrad1 said:
It's my understanding that there was a selection, but the offers haven't been released yet (I would guess that it takes time to get them all together). I suspect that they should be out soon.

But that's just my read on things. :)

They haven't even got all the offers out from the 16 Feb board so don't expect these to happen too fast.  I heard that there was a board this week but no results yet and there will be another one at the end of Apr.  Will let you know when I get the results..

kincanucks said:
They haven't even got all the offers out from the 16 Feb board so don't expect these to happen too fast.   I heard that there was a board this week but no results yet

Ah excellent. To think all the offers from the 16th board hasn't been out yet and the recent board this week gives me quite a lot of hope, I'll take any I can get at this point.

Steve said:
Ah excellent. To think all the offers from the 16th board hasn't been out yet and the recent board this week gives me quite a lot of hope, I'll take any I can get at this point.

Me too.. That explains why they know nothing about recent offers at my CFRC. For a moment I toughed I hadn't been selected, but i'll have to wait more to know if i'm in or not!

Cheers!

I really hope I was picked on this selection.... I am crossing my fingers...

Same here. The unpredictable wait is just BRUTAL!  There's another thread floating around here somewhere from some guys who were selected in the next batch of Infantry recruits. The jealousy I've got here is nuts. But it's awesome to see these guys get in. More hope for me.

Yeah, it's a pain in the ass to wait for so long just to start your career. Eventually, every good candidate will get in, it's just a matter of time. Let's not give up, hey, we WILL get in!

Maybe the guys who were called for infantry were selected on the february board... I hope!

Cheers

INGm,

A lot of recruiters do actually participate in many of the discussions here on the forum and answer our many questions - which is much appreciated. Also, many of them just lurk around and read posts. They're vurry vurry sneeekay..  :eek:

Cheers

My father called the recruiting officer to see how things were looking. (they are friends)

Good news: I passed the medical board in Borden. If anyone was aware of my situation I was very concerned because of previous scopes done on my left knee. The RO said all I am doing now is waiting for an offer once they get the courses loaded with applicants, and that it looks good.

I hope this gives some more hope to everyone still waiting to hear back. I haven't gotten the call per se, but the medical was a giant hurdle for me. The RO said the call will come, so I am hopefully as good as in.

That is great news!!!!  I wish you all the luck...  I hope that you get that call soon.  It is the best feeling in the world.  Once again cograts on that and keep a positive attitude that always helps and I am sure that call will come soon. :salute:

Steve said:
My father called the recruiting officer to see how things were looking. (they are friends)

Good news: I passed the medical board in Borden. If anyone was aware of my situation I was very concerned because of previous scopes done on my left knee. The RO said all I am doing now is waiting for an offer once they get the courses loaded with applicants, and that it looks good.

I hope this gives some more hope to everyone still waiting to hear back. I haven't gotten the call per se, but the medical was a giant hurdle for me. The RO said the call will come, so I am hopefully as good as in.

So does this mean the results of the end of march selection board are out?

No no.. not what I said.

My file was in Borden for medical review for the selection. I was worried I would not be accepted into the military cause I had two scopes on my left knee. I am happy because they approved me and sent my file into .. wherever the hell it goes to get looked at to decide where/when I go.

I am waiting for my job offer now.

I am happy because everything looks good now and there is no reason why things should go wrong, and why I shouldn't get that offer. The medical review board was a personal obstacle and a very serious one for me.

I did not say anything about the march end selection boards being out.

Ah I see, so by the sounds of it you are merit listed or soon to be and congratulations on that. I just got merit listed on March 22 and that was a huge sigh of relief.

Heheh, much rather be merit listed like yourself but I will definately take this :) and yes, I should be merit listed soon

Still no word on results from last selection board on 28th. Has anyone heard anything yet?

I got my call last week.  I do my swearing in on April 20th and then on a train on May 1st and my BMQ starts on May 3rd.

I don't know I am not sure I was just thrilled to finally get that call.  I am thinking about the rest of you guys that are still waiting and I have my fingers crossed for you.  Good luck and I hope to see some of you in St.Jean.

Back