• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Mar 28 Selection Board?

dan476

Inactive
Reaction score
Ok I was told by my recruiting center that there is a selection on 28 Mar, also a good friend of mine that is dealing with a different CFRC was told that too. Selection includes AVn 514, for both of us. I asked Kincanucks and was told he hasn't even heard about it. If anyone else heard anything about it, can u let me know.

The monday after Easter is supposed to be a holiday... maybe the military doesn't recognize it as a holiday too.. keep us informed about that..

Cheers!

NiTz said:
The monday after Easter is supposed to be a holiday... maybe the military doesn't recognize it as a holiday too.. keep us informed about that..

Cheers!

It is a government holiday and therefore we will be at home eating the ears and tails off chocolate bunnies. >:D

Oh yes eating baby lambs too.

Lol Kincanucks..

I love easter and chocolate!

Cheers!

p.s. : thanks for the info!

Yes you are right, my recruiter told me there will be a selection board this coming March 28th as well. 

I wonder who will go to select recruits on a holiday.. Some people must really like the army!

Cheers!

:threat: I have no comment on this right now, because if I start writing I will get banned from this board. The only thing I will mention is that Recruiting system for the CF is by far the WORST system there is in government. There is a great deal of misscommunication and lack of drive between CFRC's and its staff.   :rage:

dan476 said:
:threat: I have no comment on this right now, because if I start writing I will get banned from this board. The only thing I will mention is that Recruiting system for the CF is by far the WORST system there is in government. There is a great deal of misscommunication and lack of drive between CFRC's and its staff.  :rage:

What happened?

dan476 said:
:threat: I have no comment on this right now, because if I start writing I will get banned from this board. The only thing I will mention is that Recruiting system for the CF is by far the WORST system there is in government. There is a great deal of misscommunication and lack of drive between CFRC's and its staff.   :rage:

I have complained a lot about my recruiting process but the staff at my recruiting centre, with the exception of one individual, have all been quite helpful and have done what they can within their power to help me. Yes the system is infuriating to say the least but the staff do what they can with what they have.

dan476 said:

Then, if you don't plan on explaining your point (without being banned), why bring it up?   ???

Maybe you should write suspense novels, as you have the technique of providing a "cliffhanger" perfected.

OK here's a short story, I have been doing my CT for close to 3 years, after many loops I had to get through, I was finally merit listed on Oct 3rd, everything was fine but the trade I was merit listed for was closed until new fiscal year, well no problem there I could wait. Feb 16th rolls around with a big intake for my trade and other trades. Mysteriously my name disappears from merit list just for that board and then appears again. This is the reason why I do not have any respect for a recruiting in the CF. As for the Kitrads point, do some reading before you comment, I have posted about this before. And common Novels? What IS THE POINT of your post?

My point is many people are being lied to, and this is one of those examples - selection board on 28 mar.

Dan476

The point of my post is that not everyone is familiar with your situation, but I suppose that I could have read your previous posts.

Okay, thanks for the info...now I see part of your story.

Did you ask them why your name was there and then it wasn't?

What trade were you going for? Was it just one or three?

If you haven't already asked them, why not go in, ask to speak to the person who interviewed you and find out. While you're there, confirm that you are on the merit list for your selected occupation.

Good luck. Hope it works out.

Right..........
So is there a selection board tomorrow or not?

Since it is a day off for the government, I highly doubt it but don't worry because like the municipal garbage pickup it will happen the next business day.

Kitrad,
Yes I did ask them why my name magically disappeared and answer was Borden screwed up, and the problem was addressed. Its good it was addressed but it still didn't get me in. Also I was told that people that were merit listed after me have made it on that board, which totally left me pissed off. The trades were AVN Tech, ACS Tech and EGS Tech. As for the clerk that works on my file I cannot complain there as she has been nothing but helpfull since she took over my file.
As being in the forces for 5 years I did expect to see many snags on the way but not logs like this one. I am pretty bitter about the whole recruiting process, at the point where i am now, I have dealt with many people that have dealt with my file and so far only one that actually cared. This would be 4th clerk to work with my file. Again I am not trying to point fingers at any people at all just very disappointed with the process.

As for the selection board well the answer would be NO. Just another example of recruiters providing us with wrong facts, from either miscommunication in the whole recruiting system or just because they want to go home early on Friday afternoon, and we happend to call them than.

Well, I called them on a Monday and I pissed off some random recruiter, and then he/she just hung up on me because he/she couldn't answer my questions and I wouldn't answer his/hers.  Then a few minutes later, the recruiter that handled and signed my PT papers called me, and he/she told me that there will be a selection board on the 28th of March and the 1st of some other month(forgot).  I've been on the merit list for 8 months now, since Aug '04 and now I've been told that I got re-merit listed since Mar 15th '05.  Do most recruiters know of this army.ca forum?

dan476

Kincanucks said it best.

As March 28 is a statutory holiday, I can't see a selction happening, unless people are working on their day off. I think that the last selection was around Feb 17, so if selections are happening every six weeks, then it should be happening this week. Whether it is actually the 28th or the week of the 28th seems acceptable to me.

I do hope that it works out for you this time around.

INGm said:
Well, I called them on a Monday and I pissed off some random recruiter, and then he/she just hung up on me because he/she couldn't answer my questions and I wouldn't answer his/hers. Then a few minutes later, the recruiter that handled and signed my PT papers called me, and he/she told me that there will be a selection board on the 28th of March and the 1st of some other month(forgot). I've been on the merit list for 8 months now, since Aug '04 and now I've been told that I got re-merit listed since Mar 15th '05. Do most recruiters know of this army.ca forum?

Do you mean today or last monday?

Back