• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Lululemon recalls pants for being see-through

You don't want to meet the ones here in DC.  :(

http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2012-01-27/local/35439741_1_yoga-store-brittany-norwood-jayna-murray

The details are gruesome to say the least. She must have really wanted those yoga pants.  :not-again:

Jim Seggie said:
I was just at Lululemons in Palm Springs. All the young ladies were....qualified to work there.  ;D

I'll report in on the Gold Coast QLD store shortly.  For research, of course.  :nod:

Everybody know the People of Walmart youtube ads? Welcome to the Maritimes, where you're bound to find the same kind of thing, just in less square footage.

ModlrMike said:
"The problem with sweat pants today is too much pant, too little sweat."
Lulu_zpsac97f1c6.jpg

It seems that they are engineered to stretch well beyond their stated size. The recall is unfounded IMO. They need a waist band that only stretches to a certain size to prevent unrealistic expectations.

Is it just me or is this whole thing being stretched out of proportion?

my72jeep said:
Is it just me or is this whole thing being stretched out of proportion?

I think every one is just wrapped too tight.

Is there even a picture of a good looking woman wearing these things, showing the offending condition?

Sheesh ::)

needpics1.gif

MJP said:
I think every one is just wrapped too tight.

Lululemon is a great company, and I think people need to see through these kind of things.

VancouverIslandHunter said:
Lululemon is a great company, and I think people need to see through these kind of things.

;) I see what you did there :nod:

recceguy said:
Is there even a picture of a good looking woman wearing these things, showing the offending condition?

needpics1.gif

When in doubt, go to the source:

http://shop.lululemon.com/products/category/women-pants?ppid=women-clp:r2-l1

cupper said:
When in doubt, go to the source:

http://shop.lululemon.com/products/category/women-pants?ppid=women-clp:r2-l1

One or two minuscule camel toes, but no see through stuff that I could discern. ;)

recceguy said:

needpics1.gif

Someone needs to teach you how to internet D:

I figured I'd follow up on this thread this morning....

8131804.jpg

Here's a comparison photo:

image-3-20-13-at-8-21-am1.jpg

Note, the images posted are purely for the sake of comparison, and from what I'm able to gather, the photojournalists involved in the gathering of them probably had no ulterior motives...at all...when they were snatc...I mean snapping the photos.

The most interesting of them I think is the one with the red arrows photoshopped in, however, there's a couple of problems with it. 

First is the fact that the "see thru" one (the one with the greater "sheerness") is much closer to the camera than the other. 

Second is that we're not certain if the pants are, in fact, the lululemon pants in question.

Third is the consideration that neither of the covered surfaces are of the same exact dimensions, and that brings up the "sizing" effect....if excessively small (or excessively large) pants are worn, it will have a different impact on the sheerness observed. 

The true test of this situation would be to have one model for the test, with two pairs (or perhaps more) of the product pants in question (before and after the fabric change) with constant lighting, constant camera, (fitted to a tripod) and a consistent "bend at the hip" angle maintained for equal stretch testing, with equal/measured distance from the lens of the camera.

AS OF YET, my research has not turned up a scientifically done study such as this, however, if I'm able to turn up a series of such comparison photos that objectify the discussion and remove the variables so that a clear picture of the full scope of the issue can properly be examined, I will do so.

Until then, I'll be surfing the web on Saturday morning for yoga pant pictures...sound like fun?  ;D

NS

And to add some more to the debate, here is a link to a National Post Saturday staple - a week's diary entries by a newsmaker. This week features the musings of the Lululemon CEO on the yoga pants.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/03/22/dear-diary-we-sell-glorified-overpriced-butt-pants-to-people-who-havent-seen-a-yoga-mat-in-their-lives/

Back