• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Leopard 2 Pictures

Is there a 120mm HESH round? No, its not a op sec issue either so please answer, thanks. The curious grunt.

Is that an MG3 on the ground, in the pics? Are they not mounting c6's on top?

HULK_011 said:

IIRC our weapons can't use the german mounts

Well looks like the issue of the standard 3-colour NATO camo paint job didn't last long... the dust changes the colour pretty quick!

Has any sort of Canadian identification been added yet or plans for?

HULK_011 said:

That is what I am wondering. Anyone comfirm it?

TN2IC said:
That is what I am wondering. Anyone comfirm it?

Almost 100% guaranteed, look at the shape of the butt with the extra piece facing downwards, the flash suppressor is conical, square receiver assembly, elongated holes on assembly, the rear site folded down ahead of the feed tray, etc.

Compare to image below:

Machine-Gun-MG3.jpg

Love to have a go at that little beauty!

Sweeeeeet.  I'm still in mild shock that we, CANADA, have a good tank.  Next thing you know we'll be getting attack helicopters.

And next think you know hell might freeze over.

Bobby Rico said:
Sweeeeeet.  I'm still in mild shock that we, CANADA, have a good tank.  Next thing you know we'll be getting attack helicopters.

And next think you know hell might freeze over.

Funny thought it already did  ;D

It did, when The Eagles got back together.

Bobby Rico said:

Jeez... It's like we're actually trying to build an army that can fight... Didn't think I'd see that in my life.

Lookin' at those pics really makes me wish they (the tanks) were there last September...

RHFC_piper said:
Jeez... It's like we're actually trying to build an army that can fight... Didn't think I'd see that in my life.

Seriously.  I'm sure had a conservative government not been elected, we'd probably still have the Leopard 1s in storage, and be a non-tank supporting army.  What a concept.

Now, as for those attack helicopters.  ;D

WRT the MG3, if anyone had bothered to follow the various threads concerning the Leo2A6Ms borrowed from Germany, the vehicles are borrowed "AS IS" and are to be returned "AS WAS".

No Canadian modifications permitted till we get our own slighthly used Leo2A4s upgraded to 2A5(M?) or 2A6M.

Bobby Rico.... the Leo1s were in storage cause the Brass hats in the CF decided that is where they were going.  Until the military told the Gov't that the Leos were needed and lives depended on it, the Gov't wasn't required to make any decisions.... BUT, if you go back on some threads on this site, you will find that there were some staff checks done to source Leo2s prior to the election of the Harper Gov't.

Geo,

Wasn't that as a result of lack of budget to be able to continue supporting the Leo 1?  (serious question- not trying be a prick, I'm legitimately curious)  I'd thought financial constraints played a part in the decision to sideline the Leos.

yup.... but that would have required forethought ;)

New pix:

- http://s87.photobucket.com/albums/k130/ldshrecceboy/?start=0

Regards,
ironduke57

If you would like to see and learn a bit more about the tank check out the following Army News links.

http://www.armee.forces.gc.ca/lf/English/6_1_1_1.asp?id=2226

http://www.armee.forces.gc.ca/lf/English/6_1_1_1.asp?id=2264

armynewsguy

Back