• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Kijiji Launches Program to Help Veterans Struggling to Find Work

Bradboy

Inactive
Reaction score
For anyone looking to release from the military into the Construction Industry, this could be a great opportunity for you. It's nice to see that civilian employers are realizing the skills that military members bring to the workforce. Check it out.

Here is a link to the article on the CTV news website:

http://canadaam.ctvnews.ca/new-initiative-to-help-veterans-struggling-to-find-work-1.2445140

Not just the construction industry, although the guy who spearheaded everything is a big name in it. Really cool initiative, wonder if Monster or the other job search agencies will do something similar.

Thanks for posting this Bradboy, will be of use to some out there.

PuckChaser said:
Not just the construction industry, although the guy who spearheaded everything is a big name in it. Really cool initiative, wonder if Monster or the other job search agencies will do something similar.

Thanks for clearing that up PuckChaser. Any employer can add the yellow ribbon to their ad if they're interested in hiring military members. Doesn't have to be in the construction industry.

I believe the guy spearheading this initiative is the site supervisor from the Holmes on Holmes show?

Yes, the very same Damon Bennett, and in one of the episodes of Holmes on Holmes, they work on a log house for an RCAF pilot and employ two soldiers, one of which I believe is Mr. Blasman, who are ultimately hired (by the end of the episode) to become part of the crew. All it cost them was getting the rest of the H on H team to repel down a training tower  ;D.

That guy (Mr. Blasman) scored big time with that job! I wonder if Damon is still hiring veterans for his company...

Did my QL3 with Blasman was a really good up beat guy. Glad to see this.

Back