• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Just begun the Application Process

Mike Baker said:
Haha yeah, the way things are looking now though, Regular Force is looking better then Reserves. I know it may be corny, but I wrote both down and wrote the advantages and disadvantages, and Regular Force is winning so far.

That isn't corny at all. It's a very logical way to make a decision. I was going to apply for the reserves originally, too, and changed my mind. I feel very good about my decision to go reg force. If it feels right to you, then go for it.

Celticgirl said:
That isn't corny at all. It's a very logical way to make a decision. I was going to apply for the reserves originally, too, and changed my mind. I feel very good about my decision to go reg force. If it feels right to you, then go for it.
Thanks. I got the idea from a teacher I once had, and at the time I thought it was pretty weird. Guess he was right ;)

Cheers
Baker

Mike, just caught your decision to go Reg Force instead of Reserves.

Considering your location, it may be a better decision. If I am correct you would have to move to be within driving distance of the Res. Unit.

Hope my "pulling your leg" about how rough I could make your BMQ was not a factor in your decision. ;D

From reading your post to this forum, I know your heart is military. Your decision has to be best for Mike Baker and no one else.

Best of luck

GUNS said:
Mike, just caught your decision to go Reg Force instead of Reserves.

Considering your location, it may be a better decision. If I am correct you would have to move to be within driving distance of the Res. Unit.

Hope my "pulling your leg" about how rough I could make your BMQ was not a factor in your decision. ;D

From reading your post to this forum, I know your heart is military. Your decision has to be best for Mike Baker and no one else.

Best of luck
Yeah, I'd have to move in St. John's to join the RNFLDR.

Your pulling of my leg had no weight on my decision at all ;D

Yeah, the military is what I have always wanted to do, and now I am finally getting that chance, and I will do what will be best for me.

Cheers
Baker

Mike Baker said:
Yeah, I'd have to move in St. John's to join the RNFLDR.

Your pulling of my leg had no weight on my decision at all ;D

Yeah, the military is what I have always wanted to do, and now I am finally getting that chance, and I will do what will be best for me.

Cheers
Baker

Heard your story from the recruiter. Yeah you are a bit too far for St. John's (CO has to get authorization to have people commute long distances.)

popnfresh said:
Mike would you be going infantry by chance in the reg force?
Yeah Infantry is my first choice.

NFLD Sapper said:
Heard your story from the recruiter. Yeah you are a bit too far for St. John's (CO has to get authorization to have people commute long distances.)
Yeah, they only go as far west as Clarenville he told me.

when i joined i wanted to apply for the reg force, but since i was still in H.S. i decided it would be better for me to grad at least before going reg, so i went into the reserves, had a blast in my naval reserve unit, and finally switched 3 weeks ago into the regforce :) so far PRETC sucks, but i'm happy with the choices i have made regarding my career so far. i like to say "to each their own.." as a little motto of my own. you will know what you want to do, and as someone previously stated, "go with your gut". Cheers, Ian

Pte-H said:
when i joined i wanted to apply for the reg force, but since i was still in H.S. i decided it would be better for me to grad at least before going reg, so i went into the reserves, had a blast in my naval reserve unit, and finally switched 3 weeks ago into the regforce :) so far PRETC sucks, but i'm happy with the choices i have made regarding my career so far. i like to say "to each their own.." as a little motto of my own. you will know what you want to do, and as someone previously stated, "go with your gut". Cheers, Ian
Good for you. But the only thing I wish is that I could have joined the Reserves while in H.S., but I never was given that oppourtuinity. Oh well, but I am sure I will still make a lot of friends in the Reg Force, even though I know no one there ;) :D

Mike Baker said:
Oh well, but I am sure I will still make a lot of friends in the Reg Force, even though I know no one there ;) :D

You seem fairly outgoing. ;)

Well, ladies and gents, I have just finished my online application and sent it in. I am joining the 2nd Battalion, RNFLDR. Now I know how everyone else must have felt when they sent theirs in  Cheers!

Cool didn't know you could apply on line..congrats on going for the RNR ..what batallion? Alpha, Bravo or Charlie? I was in Charlie Coy - Stephenville..and I can tell you it was  one of the best feelings in my life to wear the uniform and the cap badge....alot of pride history and tradation in the Regiment..to earn the prefix Royal members of Regiment paid the ultimate sacrifice.

If you don't know the details you should reaad up on the Battle Honors espically Beaumont Hammel - I'd say that's the most important battle the Regiment entered.

Good luck with your career in the Reserves - you'll be part of something great.

Sorry when I said what batallion, I meant what Company..you already said 2nd Batallion..Sorry my bad :)

NovaScotiaNewfie said:
Well, ladies and gents, I have just finished my online application and sent it in. I am joining the 2nd Battalion, RNFLDR. Now I know how everyone else must have felt when they sent theirs in  Cheers!

Cool didn't know you could apply on line..congrats on going for the RNR ..what batallion? Alpha, Bravo or Charlie? I was in Charlie Coy - Stephenville..and I can tell you it was  one of the best feelings in my life to wear the uniform and the cap badge....alot of pride history and tradation in the Regiment..to earn the prefix Royal members of Regiment paid the ultimate sacrifice.

If you don't know the details you should reaad up on the Battle Honors espically Beaumont Hammel - I'd say that's the most important battle the Regiment entered.

Good luck with your career in the Reserves - you'll be part of something great.
Congrats and best of luck to you, but it is looking like I am going Regular Force.
Yeah I know a lot about the RNFLDR during WW1 too. Some very amazing stories from them, like Tommy Ricketts.

Cheers
Baker

Mike Baker said:
Congrats and best of luck to you, but it is looking like I am going Regular Force.
Yeah I know a lot about the RNFLDR during WW1 too. Some very amazing stories from them, like Tommy Ricketts.

Cheers
Baker

Not to date myself but I knew Tommy Ricketts as a young lad. I lived up the street from his store and would always go there when I had a few pennies to spend.

When he passed away I was in the Reserves and was privileged to be in the Honor Guard at his burial.

Do you plan on joining the Primary Reserves first then going into the RegForce? Because in your first statement you said "Well, ladies and gents, I have just finished my online application and sent it in. I am joining the 2nd Battalion, RNFLDR" I think someone pointed this out..but 2RNR is on the West Coast...Stephenville, Corner Brook, Grand Falls....1 RNR is in St. John's... :p.

Anyhow good luck in your chosen path in the CF.

GUNS said:
Not to date myself but I knew Tommy Ricketts as a young lad. I lived up the street from his store and would always go there when I had a few pennies to spend.

When he passed away I was in the Reserves and was privileged to be in the Honor Guard at his burial.
That's neat, Guns. I wish I had the chance to meet him.

NovaScotiaNewfie said:
Do you plan on joining the Primary Reserves first then going into the RegForce? Because in your first statement you said "Well, ladies and gents, I have just finished my online application and sent it in. I am joining the 2nd Battalion, RNFLDR" I think someone pointed this out..but 2RNR is on the West Coast...Stephenville, Corner Brook, Grand Falls....1 RNR is in St. John's... :p.

Anyhow good luck in your chosen path in the CF.
No I am going Reg Force now, no Reserves, I changed my mind. Yeah in my first post I made a little boo boo ;D

Cheers
Baker

Mike don't want to be to nosy but will you have completed high school by the time you go for reg force ?

Bright keen people with high school have lots of opportunity. :)

Best of luck.

Baden  Guy said:
Mike don't want to be to nosy but will you have completed high school by the time you go for reg force ?

Bright keen people with high school have lots of opportunity. :)

Best of luck.
Yeah I will. School ends near the end of June, and I am going to have all the stuff started in a week or two for my application change from Res to Reg.

Thanks

Baker

tomahawk6 said:
I wish you all the best Mike. :)
Thanks T6, I appreciate it.

Mom and Dad are still all for my decision, too, thankfully. I figured that they wouldn't be all for it, but they are. Likewise with the fact that I want to go to Afghanistan, if we do stay there.

Cheers
Baker

Back