• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Just begun the Application Process

Fax number for who?

1 R NFLD R or the Recruitng Centre?

BTW all garrison units have stood down for the holidays.

The NFLD Grinch said:
Fax number for who?

1 R NFLD R or the Recruitng Centre?

BTW all garrison units have stood down for the holidays.
That's probably why I had to leave a message. It was for 1 R NFLD R. Guess the eggnog is on my face :-[

Try phoning the recruiter around the 27th or so, he should be in. As we have an in-house BMQ at that time and he his the course Warrant.

The NFLD Grinch said:
Try phoning the recruiter around the 27th or so, he should be in. As we have an in-house BMQ at that time and he his the course Warrant.
Roger that. Thanks Mr. Grinch ;D

Well, I got the fax # from a friend and got it all sent in. I will still phone on the 27th to make sure they have it, if not I'll just send it in again.

Keep in mind that the BOR won't be open so I doubt he will get said fax (unless the recruiter has one in his office which I didn't see).

So best bet would be to phone or heck come on down on the 27th and pass in the info personally

The NFLD Grinch said:
Keep in mind that the BOR won't be open so I doubt he will get said fax (unless the recruiter has one in his office which I didn't see).

So best bet would be to phone or heck come on down on the 27th and pass in the info personally
Yeah I am going to phone on the 27th. Too bad I couldn't actually go in.

Mike Baker said:
Yeah I am going to phone on the 27th. Too bad I couldn't actually go in.
So I got in contact with the Recruiter, and he said that I have to call back on the 8th, since they weren't really 'open' then, so he had no access to any faxes and such. Getting closer.... :)

Good luck and I hope you have a speedy process. I dropped my application off at CFRC St. John's this Monday past. Apparently all my picks were red trades. Who knew?

omgLiam said:
Good luck and I hope you have a speedy process. I dropped my application off at CFRC St. John's this Monday past. Apparently all my picks were red trades. Who knew?
Thanks and good luck to you. I need to call them today(couldn't yesterday) to see if I have it all in and that stuff.

Cheers,
Baker.

Quick question then for you while you're here: The recruiter told me it'd take anywhere from 30-60 days to schedule my testing, but I've heard conflicting reports from others who went through this process at CFRC St. John's.

Did you happen to get a time quote on how long it takes to book the appointments?

omgLiam said:
Quick question then for you while you're here: The recruiter told me it'd take anywhere from 30-60 days to schedule my testing, but I've heard conflicting reports from others who went through this process at CFRC St. John's.

Did you happen to get a time quote on how long it takes to book the appointments?
None at all, but it can vary a lot.

What trade are you going in for?

Maritime Engineer Mechanic. The recruiter also told me I was able to go to school on base in Halifax under the Subsidized Entry Programme, despite all online resources saying it's only offered here in town.

It's not that I don't believe him or anything, but the conflicting information is somewhat confusing.

A good rule of thumb is to trust what the recruiters say over what the website says. Recruiters get updated information much faster than the website ever gets updates.

Just thought I'd update you all. I was talking to the Recruiter and he told me that my best bet is to phone back in there during the first week in April, then they will know their budget and if there will be a summer BMQ/SQ. At least there is no other paperwork needing to be done, yet ;D

Cheers
Baker

NFLD Sapper said:
Mike looks like there will be a course run in April.
Yeah I was told that, but the problem is that I am too far away from St. John's to be in any weekend BMQ course. They only take people as far west as Clarenville, and I am a few hours away from there. So like the recruiter told me, I just have to be patient and hope there will be a summer course.

Cheers
Baker

Well, I am having the "Perhaps the Reserves isn't best for me" thoughts. Not sure why, but I am really thinking about changing it and go all out Reg Force. Oh well, I have told myself to have my decision by April, which should be enough time for me.

Just thought I'd let y'all know

Baker

Mike Baker said:
Well, I am having the "Perhaps the Reserves isn't best for me" thoughts. Not sure why, but I am really thinking about changing it and go all out Reg Force. Oh well, I have told myself to have my decision by April, which should be enough time for me.

Just thought I'd let y'all know

Baker

Follow your gut, Mike. The gut is never wrong. ;)

Celticgirl said:
Follow your gut, Mike. The gut is never wrong. ;)
Haha yeah, the way things are looking now though, Regular Force is looking better then Reserves. I know it may be corny, but I wrote both down and wrote the advantages and disadvantages, and Regular Force is winning so far.

Back