• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Improved Combat Uniform

Danjanou said:
You do know if you mention Work Dress, Garrsion Dress or Ascots that God kills a kitten right. 8)

I have a special dispensation.

"No kitten shall be killed or harmed if Jim Seggie says "Work Dress, Garrison Dress or ascots" in the Improved Combat Uniform thread."

Jim Seggie said:
Now, if any of you has the bright idea to reintroduce ascots, you shall feel my wrath...and Shall Smite you!!

Wait for it...

I know the PLF has crates of regimental ascots still lying around waiting to go back into service.

Anyone who has patrolled in Afghanistan will tell you our Arid Cadpat is far better than any other camo pattern in theatre, at least in the south. the American ACU is pretty damn good in the mountains of north eastern Afghanistan. ( Judging by video and pictures only ). Our Arid also works really well in Wainright, suffield and shilo in the late summer, better than the TW. My only complaint with our combats is the design and quality. I would like to see us adapt an American style combat uniform with the multiple pockets, zippers and Velcro While keeping the Cadpat that we spent millions innovate and works so well.

glotto99 said:
Anyone who has patrolled in Afghanistan will tell you our Arid Cadpat is far better than any other camo pattern in theatre, at least in the south. the American ACU is pretty damn good in the mountains of north eastern Afghanistan. ( Judging by video and pictures only ). Our Arid also works really well in Wainright, suffield and shilo in the late summer, better than the TW. My only complaint with our combats is the design and quality. I would like to see us adapt an American style combat uniform with the multiple pockets, zippers and Velcro While keeping the Cadpat that we spent millions innovate and works so well.

I think that's a good idea.

Jim Seggie said:
I think that's a good idea.

And apparently thats what this ICU thing is; a CADPAT, ACU cut, multi pocket, velrco & zipper uniform for Canadians.

How this rig-a-ma-role of comments about Ascots (what the hell is an Ascot by the way ??? ) and work dress started I will never know.

Yes that picture appears to be U.S combats but that camo pattern is crap. Greys may have worked well when the Nazis wore them but the thought of using a grey based all combat uniform doesn't work unless your only fighting/working in mountains or gravel. That's why the U.S ACU didn't last and was replaced by MultiCam. Evan still you need at least 2 styles (colour) of Camo just like every modern military in the world except for the U.S ARMY.

glotto99 said:
That's why the U.S ACU didn't last and was replaced by MultiCam. Evan still you need at least 2 styles (colour) of Camo just like every modern military in the world except for the U.S ARMY.

ACU has not been replaced; multicam is an Afghan theater-specific pattern for the US Army, everybody not deployed (or not about to deploy) is wearing ACU. The units now serving in Afg will return to ACU after their deployment.

rmc_wannabe said:
And apparently thats what this ICU thing is; a CADPAT, ACU cut, multi pocket, velrco & zipper uniform for Canadians.

How this rig-a-ma-role of comments about Ascots (what the hell is an Ascot by the way ??? ) and work dress started I will never know.

Capitalized like that it's a racetrack :whistle:

They did that because ACU is ineffective, therefore reiterating my point. 

glotto99 said:

Dude, I spent the first half of this year on a FOB with US Army Soldiers.

glotto99 said:

ACU is the name of their Combat Uniform, UCP is the actual pattern name.  Like what was said Multicam/OEF-P is only for use in Afghanistan, UCP pattern is still worn everywhere else and will stay that way untill the US Army picks a new pattern to replace UCP for everything.

glotto99 said:
Anyone who has patrolled in Afghanistan will tell you our Arid Cadpat is far better than any other camo pattern in theatre, at least in the south. the American ACU is pretty damn good in the mountains of north eastern Afghanistan. ( Judging by video and pictures only ).

Multicam/OEF-P seems to work pretty well in Kandahar as well as our Arid CADPAT, same for the Arid MARPAT.

Are you kidding me? ACU. Is the Army Combat Uniform, there is no other name for it. You idiots would probably argue if I told you Jesus was a Jew.

glotto99 said:
Are you kidding me? ACU. Is the Army Combat Uniform, there is no other name for it. You idiots would probably argue if I told you Jesus was a Jew.

ACU is the actual uniform (whether it be multicam, UCP, or another pattern) The camouflage may change but it is still the Army Combat Uniform.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_Camouflage_Pattern

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Army_Combat_Uniform

Back