• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

I have a haircut...

officila guidelines as to length and such for the CF has already been posted.

ahem. Official.  ::)

paracowboy said:
officila guidelines as to length and such for the CF has already been posted.

ahem. Official.  ::)
Yes, I read them but it is unclear as to whether it has to be a french braid or just a braid...it can't be longer than the armpit in length when hanging down the back...but the illustrations show a french braid in the CF guidelines...however I see individuals with braids that are not french braids...I have read I am seeking clarification to a not so clear set of written guidelines
Thanks

HL

Hot Lips said:
Yes, I read them but it is unclear as to whether it has to be a french braid or just a braid...but the illustrations show a french braid in the CF guidelines...however I see individuals with braids that are not french braids...I have read I am seeking clarification to a not so clear set of written guidelines
don't worry about it. If it doesn't specify the type of braid, then it's immaterial. It's a safety issue, more than anything else. A compromise between allowing women to look like women off-duty, and not having them get their hair caught in moving stuff when on-duty.

Once at your unit, your CoC will make it quite clear if you are violating Regs (or a Sgt-Maj's particular views on the Regs, anyway  ;D)

Bare with me here but it always seems to me that when you get a bunch of Army guys together you can always get a few good hair stories out of them (Ie although they look respectable now, look back to those months or years precededing when they joined and you can occasionally get a picture that defies belief, "Hey Sarge? Is that a shaved head and a Rat Tail? I always thought you looked like the singer from Tears For Fears!!!")
I actually did my interview with a mullet that would have made Billy Ray Cyrus jealous, nice neat blond hair at the front, Party hair at the back (Dont worry, i put it in a ponytail for that special occasion ::)), you should have seen the NCO who was doing it when i turned my head and he saw this thing hanging off my head, ahhh the memories...

Its a short back and sides kind of world these days though.

0 on the sides, Finger length on top.

How about that Para!

Trooper Hale said:
I actually did my interview with a mullet that would have made Billy Ray Cyrus jealous, nice neat blond hair at the front, Party hair at the back (Dont worry, i put it in a ponytail for that special occasion ::)), you should have seen the NCO who was doing it when i turned my head and he saw this thing hanging off my head, ahhh the memories....

Ah yes, the Whorehouse Cut - business in the front, party in the back.

Barber stories are part and parcel of men's hair discussions too, of course. Our regiment used to swear by Frank's Five Dollar Flat-tops - Frank had learned to cut hair in the Hitler Youth, but for five dollars, he did a hell of a job, and not just flat-tops either.

After Frank, I went down to an ancient Chinese specimen downtown who was anywhere from 50 to 150 years old (always hard to tell with Asians) who was skin and bones and whose hand shook like a leaf - except when he got his hands on that straight razor to do the whitewalls; then he was like a rock. After the AIDs scare, they persuaded most barbers not to do the straight razor deal anymore and just use the clippers. Too bad; getting that lotion on the whitewalls was the best part of the deal.

Ode to Mullet Man  :D

http://www.flowgo.com/index.cfm?action=view&page_id=38234

HL

And so, before you know it, because of one little mental picture, everyone is talking about mullets.
I think we should all admit it, despite what you tell your friends and loved ones...Everyone secretly loves mullets.

Love to ridicule maybe, Love to enjoy quietly laughing with friends over them perhaps, espically when the owner of said mullet is sitting upon a 1984 Firebird Ttop wearing a Def Leppard World tour tshirt and a pair of huge aviators..... ;D

FourNinerZero said:
Love to ridicule maybe, Love to enjoy quietly laughing with friends over them perhaps, espically when the owner of said mullet is sitting upon a 1984 Firebird Ttop wearing a Def Leppard World tour tshirt and a pair of huge aviators..... ;D

Saw me out and about town again did... I thought you were laughing with me, not at me.  :'(

I heard a story a while ago from back home about a bunch a RAAF fellers who worked in a warehouse back in the 80's. Only a dozen or so, they were out of the way, no one higher up ever really came down to see them and when they did the men were always wearing hats. Change of command and the new boss got a bit suspicious of his constant hat wearing. To cut it short, it turned out that these guys had some of the then "coolest" (i use that term because i can think of no other) duran duran inspired and outright mullet styles imaginable. They would just tuck it all into the beanie (took) while they worked and keep it looking alright with a bit of grease and deception.

After the big cut they went through (thats hair cut, no one got into to much trouble) the nightclubs and pubs of Sale were never the same again. :'(

Trooper Hale said:
And so, before you know it, because of one little mental picture, everyone is talking about mullets.
I think we should all admit it, despite what you tell your friends and loved ones...Everyone secretly loves mullets.

...and what is not to love about the following offering??? ;D

HitorMiss said:
Saw me out and about town again did... I thought you were laughing with me, not at me.  :'(

so thats what you meant about a not quite army reg haircut.....

Back