• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Hopefully at end of process?

Rauka

Inactive
Reaction score
I've read a LOT of information on here, and found this forum to be a great resource so far in my recruitment experience. I've aced the CFAT and interview, selected the trade(s) I would really like to get into, and did the medical. I waited a week and called the Career Councillor and he stated that my file was on 'medical hold' as it was being sent to Ontario for approval.

I inquired and he stated that I was medically fit, but is this just a formality? I didn't have any issues except for a mild color deficiency and flatfoot (going Navy...the person doing the medical said that wasn't a concern nowadays). I am very excited to be doing this now and looking forward to my future with the forces. So is this the final stage before merit listing / selection?

I just don't want my trade to close or anything, and how often is appropriate to call and follow-up? I want to make sure they know I am interested, but at the same time..don't want to drive them insane :) Thank you very much for any insight.

Hey there.

Be patient and you will eventually hear from them.
It's really a case by case, so you'll never know really...

As for myself, I am physically all good. Did CFAT no problems. Interview went well very nicely.
And I am still waiting for the call. It's been 3 weeks now since I was merit-listed.

As far as I know, you will only be merit-listed when you are ok'ed with everything like, medical, CFAT, interview, background checks, etc.

Even my career counselor told me that I am merit-listed but strictly told me not to call them every single day because they have better things to do than answering questions whether you made it or not. I was told to wait for 1 month and contact them to check the status of my application.

Didn't they tell you at least how long to wait before you should call them and check?

Jesus Wept.  All medicals have to be reviewed by the Recruiting Medical Officer in Ottawa.

ok, thank you..that's what I wanted to know. Everything went really well at the recruiting center, so I'll just sit tight and wait. The councillor said 2 weeks to a month, but to give a call then and follow-up..sometimes it could go faster *keeps fingers crossed* I'll post on here after everything is done and see how it goes, thanks again :)

Rauka,

My medical took 5 weeks to clear through Ottawa. I waited a month before I called my local CFRC. Just be patient, the call will be that much more rewarding when it comes! Good luck to you.

Rauka said:
ok, thank you..that's what I wanted to know. Everything went really well at the recruiting center, so I'll just sit tight and wait. The councillor said 2 weeks to a month, but to give a call then and follow-up..sometimes it could go faster *keeps fingers crossed* I'll post on here after everything is done and see how it goes, thanks again :)

From experience, RMO reviews take MINIMUM of 5 weeks. 2 weeks for Canada Post to get the info there, 1 week for RMO review and 2 weeks to get back to the CFRC.

Your CFRC can track when the file is sent, when it gets there and when it's been sent back (via entries in your electronic file,IF they've been entered as they're supposed to be) but cannot track results until the Med Section gets the results back from the RMO.

Another factor is the remainder of the process ... merit listing, selection and BMQ/BMOQ start dates. Once you have been merit listed, you have to be selected by the Production Officer (or Ottawa, if your trade is selected Nationally such as MARS officers) ... you will not be selected until there is a spot open for that trade AND there is a BMQ/BMOQ within a relatively short period of time. For example, we are currently doing job offers for enrolment July 8th, starting BMQ July 15th.

Good luck, hope this helps clear up some stuff!

Otis

For me it took 9 days after my medical to get merit listed.  Next day I got the job offer.

took me 7 days to get my job offer after sending my med stuff to the RMO ( i got merit listed somewhere between there)

Thank you for the info on this, it's appreciated. As far as I know right now, everything seems to be in order..just waiting for the final parts of this to go through. I've been using this time though to get in shape and prep as best I can. Knowing my luck, the call will come in and it will be a short time after that before it's off to basic. I'm certainly looking forward to what's ahead.

Otis said:
From experience, RMO reviews take MINIMUM of 5 weeks. 2 weeks for Canada Post to get the info there, 1 week for RMO review and 2 weeks to get back to the CFRC.

Your CFRC can track when the file is sent, when it gets there and when it's been sent back (via entries in your electronic file,IF they've been entered as they're supposed to be) but cannot track results until the Med Section gets the results back from the RMO.

Another factor is the remainder of the process ... merit listing, selection and BMQ/BMOQ start dates. Once you have been merit listed, you have to be selected by the Production Officer (or Ottawa, if your trade is selected Nationally such as MARS officers) ... you will not be selected until there is a spot open for that trade AND there is a BMQ/BMOQ within a relatively short period of time. For example, we are currently doing job offers for enrolment July 8th, starting BMQ July 15th.

Good luck, hope this helps clear up some stuff!

Otis

Just wanted to say thank you for all the support on this board. I've definitely got a lot of information during the recruitment process, and look forward to the things coming. I'm sure BMQ is going to be quite the culture shock, so I am doing my best to prepare as much as I can. Thanks again everyone, the information here is greatly appreciated!

I'll second that! My medical took three weeks to come back and I live -in- Ottawa.

Yea I live in Ottawa and I'm am about to start week three of waiting for my medical, Good luck!

You guys do know that it doesn't make a difference where you live when it comes to the wait for your medical to return, right?  ::)

PMedMoe said:
You guys do know that it doesn't make a difference where you live when it comes to the wait for your medical to return, right?  ::)

Well Otis said it takes 2 weeks for the files to get to Ottawa via Canada Post and another 2 weeks for the files to return. (since he works in Toronto I guess that is the time from Toronto)
So if you live in Ottawa in theory Canada Post shouldn't be as much a factor.

Larkvall said:
Well Otis said it takes 2 weeks for the files to get to Ottawa via Canada Post and another 2 weeks for the files to return. (since he works in Toronto I guess that is the time from Toronto)
So if you live in Ottawa in theory Canada Post shouldn't be as much a factor.

You may be right about that, but they still have an order of priority after they arrive in Ottawa.  Two weeks from Toronto to Ottawa?  That must be the worst case scenario.  I mailed stuff to New Brunswick on a Thursday night and had it arrive Monday.

I live in Toronto and I have been waiting for six weeks. I gave the RC a call last week to check my files status, and was told the waiting time was bumped up to ten weeks!

I wonder just how much of this increased delay is due to the movement of the CF Health Services Centre Ottawa to their new location at Montfort? Or perhaps it's just a greater influx of applicants due to the economy meltdown.

gcclarke said:
I wonder just how much of this increased delay is due to the movement of the CF Health Services Centre Ottawa to their new location at Montfort?

Probably not so much to do with the move as with the fact that our mail no longer comes directly to us, but goes through CFSU(O) at NDHQ.......

PMedMoe said:
You may be right about that, but they still have an order of priority after they arrive in Ottawa.  Two weeks from Toronto to Ottawa?  That must be the worst case scenario.  I mailed stuff to New Brunswick on a Thursday night and had it arrive Monday.

Wow!!  :eek:

It takes a full week for me to get mail from Waterloo which is an hour and a half away!

Back