• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Hangover cures.

RoyalHighlandFusilier said:
I would caution about drinking too much water in short period of time. Something about your body going into shock because of not enough salt to dilute the water or something.

This goes to the point of putting lots-o-salt on your homefries at the greasy spoon. ;)

Ben

Has anyone tried a cold shower? I've been told that it helps a lot.

BSmith12 said:
Has anyone tried a cold shower? I've been told that it helps a lot.

That will only help if you don't plan on getting "nekid" ::)

Depending on the severity of the hangover I find that a blast of cold water at the end of a (long) shower shocks my system back to life or almost back to life.  I follow this up with a nice cup of coffee.

For those massive hangovers that I tend to get at the end of a semester - think a whole lot of tequila and some subsequent bad choices - that when I wake up - which is usually around 3pm - drink some coffee, juice and water, have a shower - complete with cold shock - crawl back into bed, wake up a couple hours later and get order pizza hut (usually a triple crown and a large order of bread sticks with cheese).  I find that that is the ultimate hang over cure.  Only sideaffect is that you feel like shit becuase you got a tonne of pizza hut sitting in your system... but the headache is gone.

Well,

right now I am about to have a poached egg, smoked kipper with dill, and some asparagus.  Along with three cups of Joe...damn maybe I'm pregnant not hung over...

those dang water buffalo nights...

dileas

tess

NODUFF:

I am so hungover right now and my wife is not talking to me and I just vomited. Had a section get together at Joecomeau's (Nort End Pub) that got real carried away.

Any advice...

Buy her flowers and chocolate.  It won't make YOU feel better, but, 'Life Before Limb', if you know what I mean.

:D

Tom

TCBF said:
Buy her flowers and chocolate.   It won't make YOU feel better, but, 'Life Before Limb', if you know what I mean.
Tom
Excellent suggestion. I know what I'd do if 9er bought me flowers and chocolate!!

"Excellent suggestion. I know what I'd do if 9er bought me flowers and chocolate!!"

- You ARE niner.  Are you gender-bending, or is this a multiple personality thing?

;D

Tom

TCBF said:
"Excellent suggestion. I know what I'd do if 9er bought me flowers and chocolate!!"
- You ARE niner.   Are you gender-bending, or is this a multiple personality thing?
;D
Tom

Please keep quiet about that!! 9er is the only one who still doesn't know or realize that I am actually the BOSS!! Geez, how do you think I keep getting the chocolate??

I try to stay away from things that need cures.  ;D

But if I do happen to drink a little too much, then I have one remedy I swear by.

Orange Gatorade, chicken nuggets, and Advil.

This is something I picked up in China.  Eat while you drink.

Westerners at a bar will sit down (or whatever) and drink.  They'll drink
and drink until they get drunk and that can take minutes depending on the
ferocity.

I noticed in China alot of drinkers are able to put back a massive amount of
alcohol.  Ever try Red Star liquor at 66%? They'll drink, then start eating
something like dumplings and then drink again, and it goes on.  Try eating
popcorn or something between drinks and impress your friends as they
fall under the table and you don't.

Usually in the morning, one doesn't feel overly hung over, its just the
massive nuclear paint peeling crap that follows. 

One thing not to do is have Spaghetti before a night of drinking....not a pretty sight....trust me.

Do however have losts of potato skins and mozza sticks afterwards....mmmmm.

2 materna tablets (yes they ae the ones for pregnant women)
And a big ol" vanilla Milkshake

Plus I force myself to drink a shitload of water before bed.

Green tea, McDonald's coke (or watered down cola of any sort), Advil, and a run. I actually read about these cures in a magazine a few months back (wish I could remember which one).It was a list of hangover cures. Green tea topped the list, but for those of us who don't particularly like green tea, watered down cola was next. This was great because ever since university, I've always insisted it's the best hangover cure. Sugar, water, and a hint of caffeine. Yum. Evening primrose oil tablets was also on the list  ???  So was exercising to speed up the metabolism. For some reason I always get really hungry afterwards and find myself at Denny's or IHOP.

Cheers

protein shake or two cups of coffee......works every time

1. Enter washroom
2. Do handstand
3. Lower Head into toilet seat.
4. With Left hand crank the flush
5. Brace Yourself
and there you have it......

Works everytime 100% success rate as seen on TV.

:cdn:

Hair of the dog that bit ya!

or
on arrival from night out on the town - large glass of OJ
go straight to bed and ZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Extra strength Advil, 2-4 12 oz glasses of water, each with .5 oz of 3%  H2O2(hydrogen peroxide).  Won't kill ya, and will give the ol bloodstream a much needed oxygen boost.

Back