• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Go Habs, go!

Catalyst said:
Yrys, we have a sale on baragin art books right now - 2 for 5 bucks.

Its all very interesting, for a small town kelowna type like me. (morning meeting "so its st patricks day we have the parade blah blha blha"...me "is this a big thing here?" the store types..."uh...yes".)

Thanks for the tips.

At least you're (the Chapters) not near a "hot spot" for the 24 June, when everybody loves Québec, hic  :cheers: !

So, any date for those kilt photos  :)?

Add:

Just put them in the photo gallery, and tell me a day earlier then Vern, that I could look them up, before ArmyVern break it  :D !

Canadians fans pictures

Proud_Newfoundlander said:
I failed french 7/9 terms lol Almost sounds like im proud lol Dosent affect me too much, as french speakers here dont even speak standard french canadian

Speaking of "parlure, what do you think of

Fred Pellerin   :D ?

1 to 5 police cars on fire at the "rejoicing" dowtown (French video and article)

http://lcn.canoe.ca/cgi-bin/player/video.cgi?file=/lcn/actualite/faits_divers/20080421_please.wmv

http://lcn.canoe.ca/lcn/infos/faitsdivers/archives/2008/04/20080421-231848.html

Good thing they won...who knows how bad it would have been if they lost?

HighlandIslander said:
Good thing they won...who knows how bad it would have been if they lost?

It would have been REALLY better. People go home dejected when Habs loses, they aren't then turning
into mindless vandals. There is less people downtown, so police control them better ...

Report of 50 people running after a guy with a Bruins shirt wouldn't happen,  a (Bruin) broken nose, around 14 police cars
vandalises, windows smash, stock stolen (clothes, alcohol,) etc...

It takes the fun out of the win  >:( !

Add :

It will probably be on youtube and similar web sites, with report of lots of people taking pics and video  :-\ .
At least they are sending the video to the police : French article

Yrys said:
It would have been REALLY better. People go home dejected when Habs loses, they aren't then turning
into mindless vandals. There is less people downtown, so police control them better ...

Report of 50 people running after a guy with a Bruins shirt wouldn't happen,  a (Bruin) broken nose, around 14 police cars

It takes the fun out of the win  >:( !

Add :

It will probably be on youtube and similar web sites, with report of lots of people taking pics and video   :-\ .

Police saying that it wasn't the fans but another group that was out to take advantage of the situation. Most fans behaved just fine.

Fans can be boisturous BUT, there were people who were in the downtown core to "have a blast".  The police was unprepared (though they had advised that they would be).  Young anarchists and profiteers did the dirty deed.  People who have nothing better to do than get drunk and smash things up - no respect to personal private property..... the sleeze bags.

geo said:
Fans can be boisturous BUT, there were people who were in the downtown core to "have a blast".  The police was unprepared (though they had advised that they would be).  Young anarchists and profiteers did the dirty deed.  People who have nothing better to do than get drunk and smash things up - no respect to personal private property..... the sleeze bags.

Exactly like what happened after the '93 win...I was there, it wasn't pretty, but it sounds like last night was worse.
Sure puts a damper on the win  >:(
But...
GO HABS GO!!!!

Yrys said:
It's a victory song :

GO HABS GO :)!

(will be a supporting song at the beginning of the next match)

Stolen from European soccer fans. ::) (Yes I am bitter about the loss)

Some say it was the Montreal Impact that introduced the song to the Montreal sports fans. They play the song on the sound system every time they score a goal. (Not often, but it's soccer.  ;D )

Yrys said:

You know when you Canadian eh?

GO HABS GO!!!

MONTREAL (AP) -Carey Price put a couple of tough losses behind him to save the Montreal Canadiens' playoff run and dash the Boston Bruins' hopes of an improbable comeback.

Price got his second shutout and Andrei Kostitsyn scored twice to lead Montreal to a 5-0 win over Boston on Monday night in the deciding game of their first-round playoff series.

The 20-year-old rookie stopped 25 shots overall, including 11 shots in the opening period. Price had allowed 10 goals overall in a pair of Canadiens losses after he got his first playoff shutout in a 1-0 win in Game 4.

"It was a rough couple of games and we knew it just wasn't going our way," Price said. "I knew it was going to turn around eventually, and tonight it did."

Mike Komisarek opened the scoring 3:31 in amid one of the first of countless roars from the raucous Bell Centre crowd over the course of the evening.

The Canadiens took control of the game in the second, outshooting the Bruins 17-6 while building a three-goal lead on a superb goal by Mark Streit midway through the period and Kostitsyn's second goal of the series at 15:13.

Kostitsyn punctuated the win with his second of the game, a power-play goal with 2:02 remaining in the third. Sergei Kostitsyn scored with 7.3 seconds remaining.

Top-seeded Montreal will face Philadelphia in the second round, if the Flyers win their Eastern Conference quarterfinal against Washington. Otherwise, the Canadiens will face the New York Rangers.

Tim Thomas stopped 30 shots for Boston, which fell short in its bid to overcome both 2-0 and 3-1 series deficits for the first time in team history.

"The character of this team can't be overemphasized, I don't think, for what we battled through all year and even in this seven-game series," Thomas said.

Bruins coach Claude Julien was behind the Canadiens' bench in 2004 when Montreal won three straight to overcome a 3-1 deficit in a first-round win over Boston.

"You've got to give them credit," said Alex Kovalev, who assisted on the Canadiens' first two goals. "They battled back and even down 3-1 and coming back to our building they were able to regroup and get a couple of wins, but the mistakes we made, we didn't compete like we did today. If we had played the way we played tonight I think we could have done it earlier."

Montreal coach Guy Carbonneau moved Kovalev to a line with Saku Koivu and Chris Higgins.

The move allowed rookie Sergei Kostitsyn to play on another line alongside his brother, Andrei, and center Tomas Plekanec as Carbonneau spread out the Canadiens' offense.

"We were trying to give some space to them, to be able to move around and control the puck," Kovalev said.

Komisarek got credit for his first career playoff goal as his point shot struck Bruins center Petteri Nokelainen's stick, causing a deflection that left Thomas no chance to recover and stop.

Streit made it a 2-0 lead 10:45 into the second as he slipped past Bruins captain Zdeno Chara to finish off a sensational passing play. Kovalev passed the puck back to Komisarek in the Canadiens' zone and waited on the right boards at center ice for the return pass.

The high-scoring Russian fed a cross ice pass to Maxim Lapierre as the Canadiens center entered the Bruins zone, and Lapierre dished off to Streit, who pushed the puck past Chara before driving the net to put a backhand between Thomas' pads for his first playoff goal.

"My mouth was wide open seeing that goal," Komisarek said. "The patience and poise that he had with the puck, and to bury it was pretty special."

Andrei and Sergei Kostitsyn combined to increase the lead to three as Andrei beat Thomas at 15:13 for his second of the series, and first since Game 1.

Video Section....

(Video) Recap the Game again....

Apple bottom jean... boots with the ...eh..  ;D

Okay time for me to run down the PMQ's nude burning cars....  Someone bail me out right?

Regards,
Birthday Suit Schultz

Sgt  Schultz said:
You know when you Canadian eh?

I wouldn't say that, considering that the police receive a few dozens video made by REAL fans about the vandalism : they are sending the video to the police : French article

meni0n said:
Police saying that it wasn't the fans but another group that was out to take advantage of the situation. Most fans behaved just fine.

I didn't intend to say that just the fans did it, sorry. It was surely at least a bit organised, as the police said. If the fans could get a bit farther,
it could help the police to target the anarchists and constraint that whole disgusting thing.

On French blog, some people are asking the army to come and make order or the police to use more effective means (taser, gas, pepper spray,
water pumps). As if an heavy approach in the middle of the French metropole would be cheers after! I've got that feeling that some of the ones
wanting a more heavy approach would be on theirs keyboard criticizing all the moves made...

The police said that they made improvement since '93 (last Stanley cup) but they thought that society had done some also...

Add :

It's even on CNN  >:( !

Flyers it is!

I'd say that with Montreal taking the season series 4-0 this could be a piece of cake, but something tells me I shouldn't...

Baker said:
Flyers haven't won yet...

Now they have ...

"Les Flyers affronteront maintenant le Canadien en demi-finale de l'Association Est à compter de jeudi, au Centre Bell."

HighlandIslander said:
Flyers it is!

I'd say that with Montreal taking the season series 4-0 this could be a piece of cake, but something tells me I shouldn't...

Well weren't the Habs supposed to sweep Boston 4-0 after scoring over 4 goals per game on them during the regular season? And while they did win the series it was certainly no sweep. I think the Flyers are a better team overall than the Bruins so it will be tougher for the Canadiens.

Can't say I agree with you there. The Flyers are just a team of gray men. The Habs have speed and youth, the Bruins had heart, but Philadelphia, while technically a good team, is wholly unremarkable.

Montreal in 6.

Back