• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Go Habs, go!

uncle-midget-boyd said:
Nah, just been a Leafs fan my whole life.

mmm. got the address of you niece somewhere ?
We could send her some Habs paraphernalia 
14.gif

uncle-midget-boyd said:
Nah, just been a Leafs fan my whole life.
Midget

Well, if it's any consolation to you (and your whole life!!) -- I'm 39 (will be 40 in October) -- and your team has yet to win in my lifetime either.  >:D

Yrys said:
mmm. got the address of you niece somewhere ?
We could send her some Habs paraphernalia 
14.gif

My sister would love that, but her husband (a Canucks fan, go figure) wouldn't find it too amusing.
Myself, I plan on getting some Leafs things for her.  ;D

Well, if it's any consolation to you (and your whole life!!) -- I'm 39 (will be 40 in October) -- and your team has yet to win in my lifetime either.  >:D

Where's that *I'm plugging my ears* smiley hiding at?

Midget

uncle-midget-boyd said:
My sister would love that, but her husband (a Canucks fan, go figure) wouldn't find it too amusing.
Myself, I plan on getting some Leafs things for her.  ;D

Well, this one year for Christmas when my brother, PPCLI, was remaining in Victoria for Christmas --- I mailed him off his Christmas parcel with the card on the outside. The card said "Give one to all your friends -- Merry Christmas!! Love Ronnie -- xxoo" and all that neat stuff. He opened up a case of RCR cap badges -- I still don't think he's over it (This parcel was from me -- he should have known better). Best thing to do is send your sister a size small Canuks jersey with her first name on the back -- and he, a bigger Habby thingie with his first name on the back. That ought to go over well -- and fair too!!  >:D

karl28 said:
uncle-midget-boyd 

Just because your a sore loser and cheer for a sucky team IE the Leafs  who haven't won a cup in god knows how long . That doesn't mean you have the right to become a Traitor  and cheer for an American ( No offense to Yanks met some nice ones but this is Hockey )team no matter how many Canadains are on it LOL.   I will forgive you for your moment of weakness if you say the LEAFS SUCK and become a true Canadains fan by cheering for the Habs .    ;D :o

I.m not uncle-midget-boyd , but picture this:

New Years Eve 1975 in the 2RCR WO & Sgts Mess. Everyone dressed to the nines(evening gowns, Mess Kit, tuxedos etc)

Lo and behold the game on TV was Russia vs Montreal, and I was the only one of many sneaking into the games room to have a look, AND CHEER FOR RUSSIA!

Yes, I'm a Toronto boy  >:D

ArmyVern said:
Toronto -- has them as well. They still pack in and sell out the house every friggin' game every friggin' year, despite being losers since '67.
*ahem*
That's losers since '68, thank you very much.  They won in 67, but lost in 68 (and have every year since)

;D

ArmyVern said:
Well, this one year for Christmas when my brother, PPCLI, was remaining in Victoria for Christmas --- I mailed him off his Christmas parcel with the card on the outside. The card said "Give one to all your friends -- Merry Christmas!! Love Ronnie -- xxoo" and all that neat stuff. He opened up a case of RCR cap badges -- I still don't think he's over it (This parcel was from me -- he should have known better).

:rofl:
Hahaha!!

Best thing to do is send your sister a size small Canuks jersey with her first name on the back -- and he, a bigger Habby thingie with his first name on the back. That ought to go over well -- and fair too!!  >:D

Did you plan on attending my public hanging the day after that?
(I'd probably be hanged with Canucks and Habs neck-ties tied together)

Midget

ArmyVern 

OK you got me on the Fan thing and good for you even if it is the Dark Side that you cheer for . I have been a HABS fan for all my life as far  back as I can remember and I am 32 so been around a bit so  Iam not changing any time soon LOL . 

ArmyVern 

I still can't believe you did that to your brother with the cap badges . Truly twisted I like that kind of sense of humour .

Mortarman Rockpainter said:
*ahem*
That's losers since '68, thank you very much.   They won in 67, but lost in 68 (and have every year since)

;D

No it's not. I was around in '68 & they did not win that year! They haven't won since the late spring of '67, but nice try.  >:D

It was the Montreal Canadiens who won the '67/68 season ... so they can lay claim to the '68 year legitimately.  ;)

Unlike Boston I'd like to point out, who did win the '69/'70 season & the 71'/'72 season -- TWICE in my lifetime. That's TWICE as much as your team. So there.  >:D

ArmyVern said:
So, if you want Canadians to actually win the game -- an Amercian team must win. How ironic is that??  >:D

That is not what he is saying.

He is saying that if Habs win, well, they Habs win. And if Flyers win, well, Canadians  WIN  ;D!

Geez, did all you Montreal fans run off to watch the game!!??

Here I was willing to give you all updates ... but I guess you already know it's 2 up for Philly over a big O for les canadiens at the moment. Philly in 6.  >:D

ArmyVern said:
Here I was willing to give you all updates ... but I guess you already know it's 2 up for Philly over a big O for les canadiens at the moment. Philly in 6.  >:D

Jeez, for somebody that doesn't listen to hockey after Bruins elimination, you seem ... well informed !

2 - 0  Nah... we just gave them a 2 point lead - just for sportin's sake

geo said:
2 - 0  Nah... we just gave them a 2 point lead - just for sportin's sake

And took it away just to be a pain in the arse.
Clearly above the crossbar. Well... from my point of view, anyhow.

Midget

Flyers 3 Canadien 3 (prolongation)

IF Habs loose , it will be because they're shy to win in Montréal, after last Monday night event ...

14.gif

Yrys said:
Flyers 3 Canadien 3 (prolongation)

IF Habs loose , it will be because they're shy to win in Montréal, after last Monday night event ...

14.gif

Now where's that little BS Flag?  ;D

Midget

Oh -- 4-3 for the Flyers eh!!??

Better luck next game.  >:D

:-*

My ESP IS on tonight ... wait for it.

Back